Issue with threads/posts URL

Just found another really, really annoying bug. When you copy/paste a URL from a thread or post here, it changes itself to a preview automatically, right? Like this.

However, if you press on Ctrl + Z, it reverts back to an original URL. IF, you copy/paste a URL, revert it back to a normal URL, and then copy/paste another, the new one AND the old one will become previews until you press on Ctrl + Z. I understand for the one that I just copy/pasted, but why the other URLs I already copy/pasted would revert back to preview once more? I could reproduce the issue on two computers.

Beta Testing Program

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topic/96989-suspected-spammers/

Yeah that's a pain...

You have to copy the link, then when you come and paste it hold down the CTRL botton and then right click and you get the options to paste (even the paste without formatting puts the preview) the you click on display as link instead in the message box that appears... royal PITB

This might be intended behavior. CTRL+z is the universal shortcut for "Undo" not "Remove Formatting".

Now if you click the "Display as Link Instead" pop-up at the bottom of the Editor, that will remember which URLs you converted back from a Preview.

I know that the Ctrl + Z shortcut is for "Undo", though why would the URL revert back to the preview, even though I "undid" it previously. This is what I don't get. I understand your workaround too, but the logic just isn't there for me.

• Root Admin

Everyone is doing it these days. Even Microsoft Outlook mail on a Web browser does it. Yahoo does it. Though either Yahoo stopped it or I was able to set something on Yahoo to stop it as I no longer get it on Yahoo.

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en

Here is what I see in the editor (looks like Google did not generate a preview so I assume there is/was not enough information there to preview or something else did not trigger it)

preview-annoying.jpg

I didn't know that. I've copy/pasted quite a few external links, and never seen the preview kicking in, only for links that comes from within the Malwarebytes forums.

So is that issue going to be closed as "normal", or will a ticket by opened with IPS? The issue is that whenever you copy a new URL after un-doing previous ones (via Ctrl + Z), it'll turn them back to a preview. I don't know if it's an intended behavior, but if that is, it's quite illogical.

We will have to discuss this one. I like the idea of ctrl+z providing the same functionality as clicking that link, but that might not be the default or intended behavior. It makes technical sense why it works the way it does currently because fundamentally speaking, Undo is simply stepping backwards, not "removing formatting and remembering my choice".