[SOLVED] Forum Glitch

49 minutes ago, msherwood said:

Assume this is a one-off as we haven't seen this here. Let us know if you see it again.

If that had not occurred in the prior Forum software then that would be a valid assumption.

However it has been an ongoing issue and Firefox is the first to report it and/or see it Today.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, David H. Lipman said:

If that had not occurred in the prior Forum software then that would be a valid assumption.

However it has been an ongoing issue and Firefox is the first to report it and/or see it Today.

Got it, thanks. Yes, please keep these coming it.

2 minutes ago, David H. Lipman said:

There 'ya go.  Forum editor bug sown above if the BBCode Mode switch was in the editor I could have fixed that.

Were you trying to link to both Firefox's account and a post they made? You can edit the single URL into two of them right in the posting window. Also, there's a sweet tagging feature where you can use @Firefox (this is an '@' followed by their user name - just like tagging works on other social sites).

@David H. Lipman test

OK I see that using the '@' pulls up a menu of users.  That's good.  thumbsup.gif.a83df006fd5c786b940d071eb32

However I saw the same bug in v3.x w/o in other situations.

In this case the "@User_Name" overcomes the bug in my previous post, however now I "know" It will pop up with other links.  Toggling BBcode Mode overcomes the issue and allows manual Link alterations.

• Root Admin

The issue is a CloudFront issue and overall is not related to the forum in so much as it is overall connectivity. The forum software does go through them so when/if it cannot connect to target it's trying to connect to then it will error out like that. But any type of application would do the same thing. We tried with cache on and off and it doesn't seem to fix it either way. Not sure we'll ever get a fix for this or not but luckily it currently does not happen too often.

• celee changed the title to [SOLVED] Forum Glitch
  • celee locked this topic