Linksy Router question?

fivealive

Yeah, that wouldn't do it.

There has to be something limiting the bandwidth.

Try this, there should be a Reset switch (maybe recessed needing a paper clip) that will bring the appliance to factory defaults.

Do that, reconfigure and see if Internet access speeds change.

Yeah, that wouldn't do it.

There has to be something limiting the bandwidth.

Try this, there should be a Reset switch (maybe recessed needing a paper clip) that will bring the appliance to factory defaults.

Do that, reconfigure and see if Internet access speeds change.

I tried that already as well as flashing the firmware and that didn't help at all

So, called linksys and they said the product it self is defective, and that I should exchange it. then they tell me I would have to have my credit card charged, for the full price again, well I send them the product.

I could understand that if they sent out a replacement first, but they want me to send in the original defective item first. then once they have it they will ship me a new one. I think I will just do a charge back on my credit card

Glad you got if figured out... a lot of vendors now want you to ship out the defective one first, that ensures that the will get it, as sometimes folks would not send out the defective one to them.

Oh I understand that, and can even agree to it, its the fact they want to charge me the full price of the replacement unit again, they say they will hold onto the money, and as soon as they ship out the new one I will get the money back.

That is just bull, If they was sending me a replacement unit first, I could kind of understand putting a charge on the replacement until they got the old unit, but thats not what their doing.

Yeah, I don't understand both charging you and having you ship it back to them first, unless it was cross shipping, in that they were also shipping their unit out to you at the same time - but I don't think that is the case here.

Good luck with the new device.

Usual practice is to ship the replacement and the return is shipped back in the same box and if it is not returned within a preset time period, then the end user is charged.  So usually they will take a Credit Card number and maybe do a test charge of $1.00 or no charge on the card UNLESS the unit is not received within the predefined time period.  Then they will charge the card.

Usual practice is to ship the replacement and the return is shipped back in the same box and if it is not returned within a preset time period, then the end user is charged.  So usually they will take a Credit Card number and maybe do a test charge of $1.00 or no charge on the card UNLESS the unit is not received within the predefined time period.  Then they will charge the card.

yeah , no idea why they doing it like this.

So, called linksys and they said the product it self is defective, and that I should exchange it. then they tell me I would have to have my credit card charged, for the full price again, well I send them the product.

I could understand that if they sent out a replacement first, but they want me to send in the original defective item first. then once they have it they will ship me a new one. I think I will just do a charge back on my credit card

i had the same issue with my docsis 3.0 motorola gateway modem but i think its the bridge part and/or the bin files on the gateway as i had the same issue with mine not being bridged right and corrupted bin files but your issue could  be there is a issue with the bin files/not bridged right in your gateway causing the issues (my bin files were corrupted/gateway wasnt bridged right and they fixed it over the phone for the tech) so id say try telling them you want a straight docsis 3.0 modem because you have a router and also have them corect bin files,reset modem and see if that fixes it (if it does then that was your issue) 

to make it simple its either the gateways not bridged right (which they would need to do to bridge it the right way) thats what i am thinking its a bridging issue with the gateway..if you wanna rule out the bridging being the issue then have the cable company bring you a straight docsis 3.0 modem and tell them you have your own router and want only a docsis 3.0 modem to see if that fixes the lack in speeds wired/hardwired...i had that same issue with bad bin files in my modem/not being bridged right and i had no issues after i got them to bring me a straight docsis 3.0 modem for my 69 mbps by 5.67 up (paying for 60/5) thats what i would suggest because since i got my straight docsis 3.0 modem ive had no issues with my belkin 1800 ac router since then... this is proof of what im getting with a straight docsis 3.0 modem and wifi on my belkin ac 1800 router ( result/3423778401]3423778401.png

Since Linksys has already determined that the router is defective, why would you think this is applicable?

And, please, for the love of everything holy, use some punctuation!!!!!

Not trying to be a jerk, but using a smaller font, with color and no punctuation makes it really hard to follow what exactly you were saying in both posts, but specifically the first post.  I could follow the second one well enough, but punctuation would make it entirely more readable.

As would the use pf paragraphs, I might add.