unusual run-time error with mbam (among other system glitches)

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Root Admin

You should be able to donwload a Windows XP driver from here for the Network card.
Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet

Not sure if this is correct or not but it shows that you have a DLink wireless card in the unit as well.
DWL-G520+ AirPlus G 11/22/54Mbps Wireless LAN PCI Adapter

Once you get the network card installed and working I would highly recommend that you install Service Pack 3 as the computer is still currently Win XP Service Pack 2

Both are installed but in the network connections the wireless isn't showing up just the local area connection (unplugged). I'm sure the troubleshooting is common knowledge, but I was living in the same place for almost a decade and didn't have to mess with it much.

looking at the network connections that were set up on the failing drive it lists internet gateway - "internet connection (connected), then below that the same as on the new drive that i just installed LAN or High-speed internet - local area connection (disabled), as well as my d-link connection next to it.

• Root Admin

You have 2 items that might be part of the issue.

Network Controller (may be the wireless, installing the driver should not hurt it)

PCI Simple Communications Controller (that may have something to do with it as well)

Please see if this link helps to get some of the drivers working.

National Instruments - PCI Simple Communications Controller

okay the network controller appears to be d-link... when i typed it all in in the PCI database site that the national instruments site sent me to, it said the vendor was texas instruments and THAT link sent me to the d-link site that i got the original driver from... i'll look up the PCI Simple Communications Controller one now.... and that one doesn't have a device listing, just the vendor listing of Intel... googling further it looks like it's audio related, but when i type in 3B56 (device number) into the search on the intel site nothing comes up.

• Root Admin

If you had the MFG support CD it would typically have all the original drivers and often included an automated installer for the drivers.

You may find that if you install Service Pack 3 it might help to detect and fix some of them but no guarantee as the hardware may just be to new for XP.

well sp3 installed on the new drive just fine but it wanted to connect to the internet to search for/install the missing items, but of course it couldn't... i dug around through some more boxes (having just moved) but i'm pretty sure like i said previously the wrong disks got carted away with one of my old towers.

so i'm guessing i screwed the pooch as it were... maybe the next time i get paid i can just cart it back to the store i bought it from and see if they can fix it up, just use the failing drive until then... was really hoping to troubleshoot through this though. :unsure:

anyway thanks for your time, this veered way off course from a seemingly simple malwarebytes issue (which proved to not exist on the clean drive). i'll just have to deal with the failing drive for now until i can get things sorted out on the new one.

cheers.

well a few other friends tried to help out, really it seems to be a matter of just locating the right drivers for the new drive/clean install of windows so that it recognises the wireless card, and audio device... i'm kicking myself for not paying attention to just what exactly i was chucking when i got rid of my old stuff... i had 3 old towers kicking around gathering dust with all the disks lumped together.

not sure if this is what you meant:

Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus Properties:
location 65535 (Internal High Definition Audio)
*the above is listed twice for the first 2 yellow "?"

Network Controller Properties:
PCI Slot 48 (PCI bus 6, device 1, function 0)

PCI Simple Communications Controller Properties:
PCI bus 0, device 22, function 0

Unknown device Properties:
on Intel® H55 Express Chipset LPC Interface

as for the wired network i'm unsure about that too, i'm completely wireless here (except for when i'm on the new drive and can't connect at all).

• Root Admin

Network Controller Properties:
PCI Slot 48 (PCI bus 6, device 1, function 0)

This is your D-Link wireless.   Did you try installing the driver?

Try extracting the installer with something like 7-zip into it's own folder.   Then click to update that yellow item and point it to the folder where you extracted the D-Link drivers.

One you go through and do enough Windows Updates it should probably automatically find and install these 2 drivers.  If not then we'll work on locating them.

PCI Simple Communications Controller Properties:
PCI bus 0, device 22, function 0

Unknown device Properties:
on Intel® H55 Express Chipset LPC Interface

Try to get the wireless working or plug in an Ethernet cable to the fixed wired network card to your router, then get all windows updates

Bus 6 (PCI), Device Number 1, Device Function 0
 Vendor 104Ch Texas Instruments (TI)
 Device 8400h 802.11b+ 22Mbps Wireless Adapter
 Command 0107h (I/O Access, Memory Access, BusMaster, System Errors)
 Status 0210h (Has Capabilities List, Medium Timing)
 Revision 00h, Header Type 00h, Bus Latency Timer 40h
 Self test 00h (Self test not supported)
 Cache line size 32 Bytes (8 DWords)
 PCI Class Network, type Other

Subsystem ID 3B011186h AirPlus DWL-520+ Wireless PCI Adapter
 Subsystem Vendor 1186h D-Link Inc
 Address 0 is an I/O Port : 0000EC00h
 Address 1 is a Memory Address (anywhere in 0-4Gb) : F7FFF000h
 Address 2 is a Memory Address (anywhere in 0-4Gb) : F7FE0000h
 System IRQ 10, INT# A
 New Capabilities List Present:
   Power Management Capability, Version 1.1
     Supports low power State D1
     Supports low power State D2
     Supports PME# signalling from mode(s) D0, D1, D2, D3hot
     PME# signalling is currently disabled
     Current Power State : D0 (Device operational, no power saving)