unusual run-time error with mbam (among other system glitches)

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Root Admin

Shouldn't take this long, but really hate to force reboot as I've seen those go belly up.  If you can wait longer that would be my suggestion.  It could simply be hung but if it's actually working then it should be left alone to complete.

Is the hard drive light blinking ?  Do you hear anything to make you think it's still working?

If it just won't go any further then you may not have a choice and might need to power cycle the computer.

well the windows repair lagged out on that please wait... screen too... i don't need anything from my old failing drive now, if i disconnected it and tried again, maybe it's interfering somehow?

well the problem with the clean install is that i'm not able to hook up to the internet and there's no sound... colossal noob showing through again... i think i must've thrown away the wrong disks when i had my old tower carted away last year.... on a lighter note Malwarebytes works just fine on the clean windows, though it's outdated due to not being able to connect to the internet.

• Root Admin

See if you can download and run this Intel Chipset utility

Then download the attach PCI_Dectect.zip and copy the folder and files out to a USB stick and then copy them to the desktop on the affected computer.

Then run the PCI32.EXE file and it will list hardware in your computer in order to locate the proper driver.

PCI_Detect.zip

Couple questions, the intel chipset installer, after it restarts the computer is it done or is it supposed to do more? And the pci32 thing doesn't seem to work, the readme suggests I find and uninstall "motherboard monitor" due to it being outdated, and no clue where to look for that so I'm running a search now, unless you know?

• Root Admin

The Intel Chipset driver adds needed entries in the registry.

Click on START --  RUN and type in CMD.EXE and click OK

Then assuming you copied the PCI folder to the desktop type the following and press the Enter key.

CD %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\PCI

Then type type PCI32.EXE >MyComputer.txt

Then post back the results of MyComputer.txt file here.