unusual run-time error with mbam (among other system glitches)

• Root Admin

Just checking because some users do have audio lags with the PRO version.  If you're using the free version though then that is not the case.

I'm going to go ahead then and close your topic and provide you with the standard closing message.  Most of it will not apply to you but there is information in there to read up to help you better understand security for your computer.

At this time there are no more signs of an infection on your system.
However if you are still seeing any signs of an infection please let me know.

Let's go ahead and remove the tools and logs we've used during this process.

Most of the tools used are potentially dangerous to use unsupervised or if ran at the wrong time.
They are often updated daily so if you went to use them again in the future they would be outdated anyways.

The following procedures will implement some cleanup procedures to remove these tools.
It will also reset your System Restore by flushing out previous restore points and create a new restore point.
It will also remove all the backups our tools may have created.

Uninstall ComboFix (if used):

• Turn off all active protection software including your antivirus.
  • Push the "Windows key" + "R" (between the "Ctrl" button and "Alt" Button)
  • Please copy and past the following into the box ComboFix /Uninstall and click OK.
  • Note the space between the X and the /Uninstall, it needs to be there.

CF-Uninstall.png

Remove the rest of the tools used:

Please download
OTCleanIt
and save it to your Desktop. This tool will remove all the tools we used to clean your pc.

• Double-click OTCleanIt.exe.
  • Click the CleanUp! button.
  • Select Yes when the "Begin cleanup Process?" prompt appears.
  • If you are prompted to Reboot during the cleanup, select Yes.
  • The tool will delete itself once it finishes, if not go ahead and delete it by yourself.
  • If asked to restart the computer, please do so

Note:

If you receive a warning from your firewall or other security programs regarding
OTCleanIt
attempting to contact the internet, please allow it to do so.

AdwCleaner Removal:
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Uninstall
  • Confirm with Yes

ESET antivirus Removal:
  • This tool can be uninstalled via the Control Panel, Programs, Uninstall

If there are any other left over Folders, Files, Logs then you can delete them on your own.

Please visit the following link to see how to delete old System Restore Points. Please delete all of them and create a new one at this time.
How to Delete System Protection Restore Points in Windows 7 and Windows 8

Remove all but the most recent Restore Point on Windows XP

As Java seems to get exploited on a regular basis I advise not using Java if possible but to at least disable java in your web browsers
How do I disable Java in my web browser? - Disable Java

A lot of reading here but if you take the time to read a bit of it you'll see why/how infections and general damage are so easily inflicted on the computer. There is also advice on how to prevent it and keep the system working well. Don't forget about good, solid backups of your data to an external drive that is not connected except when backing up your data. If you leave a backup drive connected and you do get infected it can easily damage, encrypt, delete, or corrupt your backups as well and then you'd lose all data.
Nothing is 100% bulletproof but with a little bit of education you can certainly swing things in your favor.

If you're not currently using Malwarebytes PRO then you may want to consider purchasing the product which can also help greatly reduce the risk of a future infection.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay some of that stuff had already been removed, but what about "S3 SjyPkt;SjyPkt;\??\c:\windows\system32\drivers\sjypkt.sys --> c:\windows\system32\drivers\SjyPkt.sys [?]"? i've looked online a bit concerned maybe it's a virus, though i'm sure it's that realtek thing you said, i don't know how to remove it.

• Root Admin

Open a command prompt and type the following.

SC DELETE SjyPkt

You should get a success message.

Then reboot the computer to ensure the file is not locked and you can then rename or delete it.

If you're concerned it may really be an infection then you can upload the file to https://www.virustotal.com

• Root Admin

No problem. 

Please run the following scanner and send back the logs.

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save to your Desktop

dds.scr

dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.

How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool.

Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.

A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    • DDS.txt
    • Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please include the following logs in your next reply as an attachment: DDS.txt and Attach.txt
  • You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file and just post it or attach it.

• Root Admin

The computer is having a couple of issues still and yes the service is still set for that file but the file itself cannot be found.

Please click on START - RUN and type in CMD.EXE and click OK.

Then type the following in the DOS console and press the Enter key.  You should get a success message, if not let me know.

SC DELETE SjyPkt

==== Event Viewer Messages From Past Week ========.09/10/2013 2:15:40 PM, error: Service Control Manager [7000]  - The @%SystemRoot%\system32\qmgr.dll,-1000 service failed to start due to the following error:  %%129009/10/2013 2:15:40 PM, error: DCOM [10005]  - DCOM got error "%1290" attempting to start the service BITS with arguments "" in order to run the server: {4991D34B-80A1-4291-83B6-3328366B9097}08/10/2013 9:20:51 PM, error: Windows Update Agent [20]  - Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x800706be: Update for Windows XP (KB955759).08/10/2013 9:18:57 PM, error: Windows Update Agent [20]  - Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x800706be: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86.08/10/2013 9:09:03 PM, error: Service Control Manager [7000]  - The SjyPkt service failed to start due to the following error:  The system cannot find the file specified.08/10/2013 7:47:49 PM, error: Service Control Manager [7024]  - The Background Intelligent Transfer Service service terminated with service-specific error 2147500037 (0x80004005).08/10/2013 3:52:05 PM, error: ipnathlp [32003]  - The Network Address Translator (NAT) was unable to request an operation of the kernel-mode translation module. This may indicate misconfiguration, insufficient resources, or an internal error. The data is the error code.08/10/2013 1:51:44 PM, error: AIRPLUS [5002]  - D-Link AirPlus DWL-520+ Wireless PCI Adapter : Has determined that the adapter is not functioning properly..==== End Of File ===========================

• Root Admin

Okay then you will need to restart the computer to complete the removal.  The D-Link software says the network card is not working (I think you said you removed the card) so you might as well remove the software for the D-Link.

Is there anything else I can assist you with then before we close up shop on this one?

i think we're about done here other than troubleshooting some minor game lag (could just be on Blizzard's end), and minor audio issues, but i'm sure i can troubleshoot those on my own. :) thank you so much for your time!

• Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!