Best Buy Says It Has Killed 'Showrooming' For Good

mountaintree16

Wow - you must buy a lot there FF.

ROTFL!

Yep, I tried to take advantage of this new policy at BB when it first made news (back in January or February, I think?).

Price-matching aside, the customer (dis)service was so appalling, I fled the scene.

Nothing has changed about THAT aspect of their business.

I'd rather drive the few extra miles to MicroCenter, or to another brick-and-mortar, or to "showroom".

(I probably don't buy a fraction of the stuff you geeks and experts do, though.)

JMHO

I go to Best Buy just to listen to someone besides my wife complain1 about one thing or another.. :rolleyes:

Steve

Never a icon around for tongue-in-cheek when one needs one, is there?

1 - Edited by demand.. Replaces 5-letter word.. :P

Wow - you must buy a lot there FF. I've been different levels at BB but very hard to maintain those levels. They want constant buying to stay at some of their levels, certainly not enough ROI for me to buy that much from them all the time.

Yeah I have been a Silver Member for about 2 or 3 years now, I do buy a lot, but trust me its not all my merchandise, I do a lot of work on the side, and help other folks with there purchases, and if they don't have a points card and don't want one, they put their purchase on my points card.... :)

I go to Best Buy just to listen to someone besides my wife complain1 about one thing or another.. :rolleyes:

Many years ago, I used to work at Fry's Electronics fixing computers for customers. I heard all of the 'complaining' I needed to when I was there... :P

I've been a Rusty1 Member for quite a few years now. ;)

Yeah, I remember my parents having one when I was a kid. Their card must be in the same condition that yours is in. :lol: