Hello, Wildman:

We'll need to wait for an MBAM staffer to address your concerns directly.

However, please be aware that there is NO wrapper with the MBAM installer at hxxp://www.cnet.com.

If you prefer, there are several other, official mirror sites.

These include:

FileForumBeta

MajorGeeks

TechSpot

Bleeping Computer

Beta News

FileHippo

More info can be found here: Where can I download the latest version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?

HTH,

daledoc1

PS In the future, please do not use such a large font to post -- it is tantamount to shouting. The default font is more than sufficient. If you have vision problems "Control +" will increase the screen zoom for you. Thanks! :)

PS In the future, please do not use such a large font to post -- it is tantamount to shouting. The default font is more than sufficient. If you have vision problems "Control +" will increase the screen zoom for you. Thanks! :)

I do indeed have a vision problem an when I type making my post the #%^* type is almost impossible to see, so cut me some slack. The Ctrl + doesn't work by the way.

Thanks

Wildman

Hi, wildman:

Please don't take offense about the font size - it was merely the standard etiquette for an internet forum. :(

Control + works fine for me on Win7.

Perhaps you are using XP and there is no such feature?

Here is a helpful article from MS about making your screen more readily readable (it covers XP, Vista and 7):

http://www.microsoft...up/magnify.aspx

(There are additional links on that page to other helpful articles.)

(Additionally, if you are using Firefox browser, there are many helpful extensions to increase page zoom and improve visibility, such as NoSquint)

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/nosquint/?src=ss

Best regards,

daledoc1

Hi, wildman:

Sorry, but there was no "attitude". :)

It was merely a polite request to conform to standard computer forum etiquette. :)

Nothing more was intended. :)

Both Firefox and I have likewise supplied several alternatives to the use of giant fonts. :)

In any event, the font issue was already solved by the forum mods. :)

Thank you.

Best regards,

daledoc1

This is ridcluse an not worth it. Get it in youe heads it si the smallness of the letters when one is typing their posts that I frind a hassel. Now I do belong to a few other forums an there is never been a problem with this issue. I buy the way use Windows7.

Thanks

Wildman

No problem, I'm not saying that you cannot use a larger font when typing if you wish, you're more than welcome to, I was merely offering a suggestion that might assist you with reading all webpages/posts.

Just do be aware that some readers (though not myself, as I typically ignore formatting choices and focus on the actual words within posts) may find it offensive or rude, misinterpreting the reason for the use of large fonts, similar to how they often do when a post is written in all caps.

As I said though, I have no problem with your doing so and there is no policy on this forum prohibiting the use of large type or even all caps if you so choose.

• Root Admin

Thanks Wildman

I can empathize with your feelings but on the other hand the exposure from CNet is one of the largest available resources to have your product out there and known. It also does not cost us to have the free user download from them. We do randomize which sites one goes to but it is heavily geared towards CNet. In many cases software is repackaged with a CNet installer but our product is not.

Thank you again for your input.

Thanks Wildman

I can empathize with your feelings but on the other hand the exposure from CNet is one of the largest available resources to have your product out there and known. It also does not cost us to have the free user download from them. We do randomize which sites one goes to but it is heavily geared towards CNet. In many cases software is repackaged with a CNet installer but our product is not.

Thank you again for your input.

I know for a fact that you use majorgeek for the shareware version, perhaps you could use them for the FREE as well. They are rather welll known. Filefippo is another possibility. It erks me to reward a company that is less than 100 per cent trust worthy, an in my opinion CNET has fallen to that level. Again just my two cents worth.

Thanks

Wildman

• Root Admin

There is no shareware vs freeware version. All versions start as the free version and with the purchase of a license it enables the Pro features. Basically what one thinks of as shareware but I suppose the term shareware is not quite what it used to be and is not as common as it once was.

We do use many of the major software download sites but unfortunately as I said size does matter and though I've not personally gathered statistics I would bet that CNet is larger than most of the other put together.

So, there is choice but yes we do send a lot of traffic to CNet. If you don't want to visit CNet then manually check for updates in the program or go to Filehippo or others directly on purpose or pay for the program in which case you will be given a direct download link.

Thank you again.

I was going to give the OP a direct link from Major Geeks but I am not having any luck finding Malwarebytes on there. :( The CNET link appears to be broken as well... :(

• Root Admin

Yes I understand and if you review what I posted you will see that I said it does exist, only that what it used to mean vs what is often provided now days seems to be a little different. Regardless of what some site calls it, we do not call it shareware.

Thank you again.