Updating Issues

• Root Admin

Thank you for your patience while we help fix the update issues. Here are some suggestions to help prevent the update mirrors.

1. Do not use the SecurityWonks mirror, it is still having issues we are attempting to fix. Version 1.32, which will be available shortly, will allow you to automatically save the update mirror.

2. Change your update time. If you change your update time you will have a better chance to get the update. Also, manually updating will help save the server if you do in the middle of the hour (i.e. 4:30 not 4:00).

Thanks for everyone's growing support as we fix just a few more issues. We have tons of suprises in stock for you, but it will take us a bit longer to get them out as we grow and look for more employees! Let's kill some more malware! :)

Because of the problems that came up with IE 7, when I went to update and it would not update, (everything else I have did) I thought there may a problem with the whole program, so......I deleted it!

Should I wait to download the program?

Or should I download and wait for the fix on the update?

Maybe next I will check the forums first before I do something so drastic......

thank you

scooter

No problemo, scooter, MBAM's easy enough to reinstall, takes hardly any time at all. Just reinstall and reboot if necessary and updating should go much smoother now. There may still be errors from time to time until the next version which is due shortly, but it should be much better than it's been the past couple of days.

Because of the problems that came up with IE 7, when I went to update and it would not update, (everything else I have did) I thought there may a problem with the whole program, so......I deleted it!

Should I wait to download the program?

Or should I download and wait for the fix on the update?

Maybe next I will check the forums first before I do something so drastic......

thank you

scooter

Okey Dokey, I reinstalled, no restart needed, and it updated really good after I lowered my firewall down a notch.

I am not sure how that happen, because the only thing I raised were the I E 7 settings. I never had a problem with down

loading your update.

I may have changed it during the IE thing....I get crazy when I see and hear about the bugs, viruses, trojans and jerks (I do have a lot of other words for those kind of people) trying to mess with my Computer

But it works fine.

I do thank you all of you that make this program possible!

I do wish every one there a very happy and SAFE holiday!

scooter

anyone if still finding issue with our securitywonks mirror, please report, we will try to help them.

we suspect dns propagation and related delays (to some countries) may be the last cause even though that should not be the case. SecurityWonks Mirror is currently on more stable cluster, so, overloading may not be the cause...

thank you

2. Change your update time. If you change your update time you will have a better chance to get the update. Also, manually updating will help save the server if you do in the middle of the hour (i.e. 4:30 not 4:00).

Update issue resolved for me too it seems. Here I go and wonder why I kept getting a "connection error." Would it be possible to have the automatic update scheduler to either include 30 minute steps, or to have the ability to manually enter the time and may be use an up and down arrow thing next to the text box to change the time. I use automatic update, because I d forget to do so otherwise :P.

Example given: new_fontsize.gif, but for time. Is that a lot of extra coding?

• 2 months later...

Late to reply?

The update choice of times are "on the hour" in my latest ver.

How about a choice to update 3 times or 4 times a day or on the hour?

When I manually update thru the day & night, I usually get an update.

I think a paper on what to do when you have malware on your cpr and none of your AV or malware pgms will work would be greatly appreciated.

Seems to be the most common problem.

Your pgm is excellent and I appreciate it very much.

buddy b