finding hidden files

jkcart

• Staff

Hi,

Download unhide.exe & save it to your windows folder: http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/unhide.exe

Right click on unhide.exe and select Run as administrator (In case you have Vista or Win7)

Reboot

This will unhide folders/files that were set to be hidden by the infection you had.

Let me know if that solved your problem.

Hi,

Download unhide.exe & save it to your windows folder: http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/unhide.exe

Right click on unhide.exe and select Run as administrator (In case you have Vista or Win7)

Reboot

This will unhide folders/files that were set to be hidden by the infection you had.

that did it! I can now see everything that was hidden. Thanks! What a lifesaver!

Oh, thank you so much miekiemoes about posting this tool. It will be really helpful!

May be a month ago I had a case with client's computer that was severly infected. Although I cleaned the malware and everything seemed fine, most of the files remained hidden. I have never seen anything like this before - malware to hide all the files on a computer. I did a research but couldn't find anything on this. I ended up manually turning files and folders that were hidden to visible. This "dirty" job took me about an hour . This tool could have saved me.

Anyway, I will keep a note of it and will use it in case I need it in future .

Thank you! :)

Hi,

Reboot

• 1 year later...

Signed up quickly to say thanks for this topic and solution.

I was thrown for a loop but thanks to the Maleware bytes product I now have a user with a clean machine,

and was able to unhide all of the files quickly with the unhide.exe software.

This was a strange one for sure.

so, thanks everyone!

Signed up quickly to say thanks for this topic and solution.

I was thrown for a loop but thanks to the Maleware bytes product I now have a user with a clean machine,

and was able to unhide all of the files quickly with the unhide.exe software.

This was a strange one for sure.

so, thanks everyone!

We are glad Malwarebytes has helped you eradicate this malicious software. If your current security solution let this infection through, you might please consider purchasing the FULL version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware for additional protection.

Thank you for using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Activating the full version unlocks realtime protection, scheduled scanning, and scheduled updating.