ranking on forum

coconutnut

I think most (but not all) mods are employed by Malwarebytes, and most Experts are not (as far as I know) employed by Malwarebytes. Exile is an expert though and he works for Malwarebytes :P.

• 1 year later...

I'm not sure how true that part is: partly or fully employed by MBAM. I'm not myself. I am Purple though rofl.gif

Stop holding your breath and breathe Larry.. That purple will return to flushed red soon enough. *wry grin*

Steve

That has changed since my post here,

As you can see in my signature, I am part of the MalwareBytes Team now. :D

Wow.. How did I wind up quote-replying to a November, 2010 post??

I wasn't paying attention and just jumped right in.. I guess I followed the thread too far back. *laugh*

I'm old, fragile and clueless; what can I say? :blush:

*chuckle*

Steve

Gee Arthur -

Even I remember when you were part of the "Official MBAM Team". Wonder who you upset :rolleyes:

I had a "bit of a - - with the Boss" about a year ago, but I was never near your ranking -

You must have done a "real bad" or quit - Still, I think it is nice to have you around :)

The program name is actually Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (or at least it was) ......... Right boss -

Alright, the part I still don't understand is some of the other titles like: Trusted Advisor, Translator, Spam Hunter, Malware Hunter, Software Updator, and Root Admin. I don't understand how to achieve any of these titles. If anyone can help, it would be most appreciated :)

Alright, the part I still don't understand is some of the other titles like: Trusted Advisor, Translator, Spam Hunter, Malware Hunter, Software Updator, and Root Admin. I don't understand how to achieve any of these titles. If anyone can help, it would be most appreciated :)

OK, here's some basic and quick explanations:

Root Admin

This is a sort of Super Admin. Anyone in this group essentially has the highest power over forum settings. At first only Marcin (the CEO of Malwarebytes) had this authority, however others in the company have gained it as well (Robert and Ted have it since they manage the servers, and thus it is required for them to perform their jobs properly). Neither you nor I will ever be a Root Admin.
;)

Trusted Advisor

There are two groups for members of the security community that are trusted to assist in the Malware Removal section (
Experts
and
Trusted Advisors
). The Experts are people such as researchers and the various folks that assist in malware removal at UNITE and ASAP forums (these people usually have gone through training programs to earn this level of recognition). The Trusted Advisors are those who either don't have the same credentials as the Experts, or who do not commonly assist in malware removal at UNITE or ASAP forums, but who still have the technical knowledge to provide assistance with malware removal or with various other computer issues. If you wish to be in either of these groups, then you will most likely need to graduate from one of the UNITE schools. Note that the line between these groups can often be a bit thin, and I personally have been in both the Experts group and the Trusted Advisors group at various times.
:lol:

Spam Hunter

These are users who are trusted by the admins to hunt down spam posts and users on these forums, and report them.

Malware Hunter

These are users who report malware to our research team, and have been granted access to download samples from our malware and rogue reporting forums. There are instructions in those forums for how to become a member of this group.

Translator

These are users who volunteer to maintain the various translations of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Since Malwarebytes does not have employees who speak every language, they rely on volunteers to provide the translations for almost every language that Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware supports.

Software Updater

I would believe that these are people who are trusted to manage the Software Update forums. It may have some small moderation powers associated with it, but only with regards to the Software Update forums.

Thank you very much. I feel like I do understand what is being said now. I just have one more question, I want to be a Malware Hunter and an Expert. Is it possible for me to be in both groups at the same time? Thanks in advance.

OK, here's some basic and quick explanations:

[...]

Software Updater

I would believe that these are people who are trusted to manage the Software Update forums. It may have some small moderation powers associated with it, but only with regards to the Software Update forums.

You are correct sir.. We can't edit POSTS, but have the Global MOD "post/thread" powers for most everything else (in my software forums only); we can move, merge, hide, delete, rename Topics, lock, open-lock and so forth. I can do my job in my Forums but nothing extra since the software upgrade which broke a few special flags I had. :(

Steve