run if missed doesn't........... run if missed (scheduler)

Hi

I have the 2x paid version of MBAM on a pc and a laptop.

I can't configure the auto updates to "RUN IF MISSED"

if they are missed they don't appear to run .

• they update
  • they run if the Pc or laptop is running
  • but if the PC is not ON at the time of the update they miss the update

set to daily

recover if missed by 23 hours (then i tried set to zero hours)

i have read the post

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=45177

no info on the run if missed :)

but there is no info on the recover if missed setting or the repeat every

setting. What do these functions do? should it be set to zero or 24 to ensure i'm up to date?

question 1

how do i make the update run if missed, ie RUN WHEN I BOOT THE PC or

laptop

question 2

ALSO IS THERE A WAY OF EDITING SCHEDULES THAT I HAVE ALREADY CREATED, becuase having to totally recreate the new version to try settings is really a pain

Many Thanks

Welcome runifmissed -

Please use this option to refresh your copy of the program - Then set the scheduler as in the diagrams -

This will only take 5 mins to complete and you will have the latest version - Please select your Operating System from the list below -

To Fully Remove and Reinstall a Fresh New Copy of Malwarebytes - Read Carefully

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version only -

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version only

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now reset any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Thank You - :)

EDIT -This is where you can check the past logs from your scans -

You can find the logs for the IP Protection module here:

File and IP Protection Logs

Windows 2000 & Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

Windows Vista & Win7:

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

Welcome runifmissed -

Please use this option to refresh your copy of the program - Then set the scheduler as in the diagrams -

This will only take 5 mins to complete and you will have the latest version - Please select your Operating System from the list below -

To Fully Remove and Reinstall a Fresh New Copy of Malwarebytes - Read Carefully

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version only -

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version only

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now reset any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

EDIT -This is where you can check the past logs from your scans -

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

Windows Vista & Win7:

hi thanks for taking the time to CUT AND PASTE an answer

i estimate it will take 30 mins per pc so about 1 hour to complete.................. ........................................................... .................................... ................................................................................

.................. ........................................................... .................................... ................................................................................

.................. ........................................................... .................................... ................................................................................

so just to make sure its the correct way to spend an hour

are you sure it will solve the problem?

THE PROBLEM IS:

No need to get testy when someone is only trying to help....

Is your computer actually off? on Hybernate? Suspended?

its really stressing me out, i get more stressed with the kind of "FORMAT THE WHOLE PC" kind of advice. Its just annoying.

I really should keep my words in good order. I do know that .....................but i didn't ask :

"whats the best way to completely uninstal 2 different versions of MBAM?"

---

tech support for MB ..well Tom Mercado.... is really sketchy......... its been like getting blood from a stone about a couple of new features

NO manual about the new features, the help page on the forum doesn't completely cover it

The 'Recover if missed' sets a time to get the update after a start up

from Tom Mercado

in answer to your question:

both computers are off

so should the recover if missed be set to zero to update when i turn my PC or laptop on?

also is it me or is there no way of editing these scheduled UPDATES or scheduled scans?

1. To be honest, no one said anything about formatting your PC..... with many software's, a simple re-install solves most problems.... sometimes files get corrupted, or something changes a dll and the program stops responding the way its suppose to, so doing a clean install of Malwarebytes (and only Malwarebytes) could solve the issue.

2. I really do not have that feature turned on as my computer stays on 24/7 so I do not miss my updates or scans. I know this does not help you, but I asked so when a developer comes by and reads this thread, you can get a better answer with the information provided.

3. You are correct, its not you, there is currently no way of editing a scheduled task. You would have to delete/remove the task and create a new one. Maybe in a future update of MBAM they will fix that.

• Root Admin

Here is an example of how the run if missed should work.

You set it to run at 5:00PM but your computer was off at 5:00PM for that day. You turn it on at 6:00PM and if that setting is enabled it will now go look for that update that you missed running at 5:00PM

Tasks cannot be edited and must be removed and recreate a new one.

If there is anything else I can assist you with please let me know.

Thank you.

Here is an example of how the run if missed should work.

You set it to run at 5:00PM but your computer was off at 5:00PM for that day. You turn it on at 6:00PM and if that setting is enabled it will now go look for that update that you missed running at 5:00PM

Tasks cannot be edited and must be removed and recreate a new one.

If there is anything else I can assist you with please let me know.

Thank you.

thanks for the info

recover if missed

The 'Recover if missed' sets a time to get the update after a start up.

so i f i put it to 1 hour it will

boot then

Wait one hour before doing the update

if it was missed?

am i getting that bit right?

• Root Admin

No we do not have more detailed information as it is pretty basic already.

Terminate means to end or kill a program.

Save log means to save a log file of what it finds or does

If the setting is set to process missed updates then it has by how many hours. If it was off at 5 when it was supposed to look but you have it set to 1 hour and turn it back on at 7 then you are not within that hour so it should not go check for the update, if however you turned it back on at 5:50 and it was set to the 1 hour then it would go check for an update.

back to "blood out of a stone" http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/idio...of+a+stone.html

the whole "buy MWBAM and get no sensible support" is starting to suck

OK here goes........I'll try again

I've done it multiple choice using some of the answers you guys have given me

I've probably spent more time posting an emailing to get these tiny bits of information clarified than it would have took MB to write a brief description of the features. ie an up to date MANUAL!! :):):)

anyway on with the test

Question 1

What does the run if missed setting do?

is it A

The 'Recover if missed' sets a time to get the update after a start up

from Tom Mercado

or B

If the setting is set to process missed updates then it has by how many hours. If it was off at 5 when it was supposed to look but you have it set to 1 hour and turn it back on at 7 then you are not within that hour so it should not go check for the update, if however you turned it back on at 5:50 and it was set to the 1 hour then it would go check for an update.

Question 2

Terminate program when scan completes successfully (in the Scheduler)

Does it A

run a scan on a schedule, then close MBAM window

or B

run a scan on a schedule, then close MBAM resident protection completely.

or C something else

already get sick of this :):):)

No we do not have more detailed information as it is pretty basic already.

good luck with selling to a broader market ......... like anyone who isnt a computer programmer!!

:)

i estimate it will take 30 mins per pc so about 1 hour to complete..............

It took me 5 mins on my old XP with a slow internet connection - 150KBs/Sec -

you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

http://malwareresearchgroup.com/?p=1471 From an Independant assessment site - Much better now -

Not a Sponsered Advertising site -

Q1 = A and B - Same answer -

Q2 = run a scan on a schedule, then close MBAM window and keep IP protection on

I'm sorry you feel that way but if you're unhappy with the program you can submit a request to the Help Desk for a refund and they will assist you.

Thank you.

hi thanks for the option of a refund

heres a youtube video with malware bytes letting infections through

hey

you didn't answer my questions above, its multiple choice. (to quote you "it is pretty basic already.")

I'm sorry you feel that way but if you're unhappy with the program you can submit a request to the Help Desk for a refund and they will assist you.

Thank you.

There are millions of people in the world and not everyone can be satisfied equally. You have a choice of what products you use, and as stated above you have a choice to get your money back if unsatisfied.

Your answers were answered, you just did not provide all the options.

Q1 -- Its really the same just different wording.... So option C -- > All of the above.....

Q2 -- Terminate program when scan completes successfully (means when it scans, and completes successfully, without finding any infections, it will close the program when done scanning, the protection module stays running at all times unless you turn it off yourself) its basic wording --- self explanatory....

Sometimes (including myself) we tend to read into things and make things harder than they are.... :)

Oh by the way that video is old (dated Dec 2008), they are using Malwarebytes version 1.31. Malwarebytes is now on version 1.45 and is a much better program than what is was back then. It has been improved, and will continue to improve to stay ahead of malware writers. No one product is 100% accurate, nor does MBAM claim to be.

There are millions of people in the world and not everyone can be satisfied equally. You have a choice of what products you use, and as stated above you have a choice to get your money back if unsatisfied.

Your answers were answered, you just did not provide all the options.

Q1 -- Its really the same just different wording.... So option C -- > All of the above.....

Q2 -- Terminate program when scan completes successfully (means when it scans, and completes successfully, without finding any infections, it will close the program when done scanning, the protection module stays running at all times unless you turn it off yourself) its basic wording --- self explanatory....

Sometimes (including myself) we tend to read into things and make things harder than they are.... :)

It is unfortunate to find a thread I think may help, but then it is full of accusations and not-polite attitudes. But users get frustrated.

I am running MBAM 1.45 (the upgrade was done automatically). I have set the Scan schedule as shown in screenshot:

post-31034-1272487518_thumb.png

Today at approx. 4:10PM I brought PC out of hibernation. There has been NO update and NO scan. And it seems I am not the only customer confused at this behavior. I'm disappointed because at first I was very happy that the vendor responded to requests to add this feature (please understand that not everyone using a PC leaves it on 24x7).

Early in this thread someone suggested an uninstall and then clean install of MBAM. Will that really fix the problem? Sorry, I know that question has been asked but I have read the entire thread and I do not see any direct answer to that question.

Thank you.

:) Hi FredEhr -

The Un/Reinstall was just to clear all the settings that had been entered and to start fresh , and I was going to give full details as it was being set up -

The Top Box is marked - Wake Computer from sleep to perform task - If this box was ticked and you only had yours on Hibernate , then it would have "woken the computer" and performed the tasks requested -

Personally I would tick all the boxes on the lower left side -

EDIT - You can check your last scan times by looking at the logs in areas listed below -

This is where you can check the past logs from your scans to see if they are done - Forget Day 1 and look at it from Day 2 of your schedule -

Windows Vista & Win7:

:) Hi FredEhr -

The Un/Reinstall was just to clear all the settings that had been entered and to start fresh , and I was going to give full details as it was being set up -

The Top Box is marked - Wake Computer from sleep to perform task - If this box was ticked and you only had yours on Hibernate , then it would have "woken the computer" and performed the tasks requested -

Personally I would tick all the boxes on the lower left side -

EDIT - You can check your last scan times by looking at the logs in areas listed below -

This is where you can check the past logs from your scans to see if they are done - Forget Day 1 and look at it from Day 2 of your schedule -

Windows Vista & Win7:

Let,s face it, the scheduler needs a total rework.

heres a youtube video with malware bytes letting infections through

No security software catches everything. Same goes for mawlarebytes. Malwarebytes only will catch stuff that most security venders miss. Please make sensible posts and not be going for a forum troll. Thank you.