explorer.exe DELETED!!! NEED HELP PLZZ ASAP!! ~GONE~HELPPPP

hi all...

i was playing on battlefield bc2 last night,i shutdown my pc and went to bed..

i woke up dis morning and turned on my computer and the nothing loaded.not even the explorer,etc.

i pressed trl+alt+delete to open the task manger i then went file>run and typed explorer.exe

it said it was not found...

i then booted up in safe mode to do the same modthod...still not working...I can only go to file>new and type programs....im in firefox now..

plzz plss help...

thxx

First Un/Re install Malwarebytes using this method -

To Fully Remove and Reinstall a Fresh New Copy of Malwarebytes - Read Carefully

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version only -

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version only

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now reset any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Run this CHK DSK code - It runs for about 30 mins and reboots your computer -

CMD /C ECHO Y|CHKDSK C: /R | SHUTDOWN /R /T 30

At some time place your install CD in your machine - Run scf /scannow -

EDIT can you access Control Panel at all ??

Thank You -

@noknojon: if he really can't load explorer.exe because it isn't there, ie there is no copy of that file anywhere on the drive surely he has no option left but to reinstall unless he has something like a previously-made clone or a full disk image or at the very least a system partition image and the appropriate live cd to replace it.

as regards the spamming...+1...I noticed that too. Sounds like his typing is a substitution for thinking... :)

@ Marcus -

Mine - Sorry - The Un/Re install was due to his insisting it was 1.45 - The Install CD was a later thought that should have been earlier -

He seemed to have no problem making the first 7 posts -??Even if it was F/fox I think I.E. is still in there (Somewhere) -

His CD + scf /scannow , or a full inspection inside Windows Explorer should find something -

I did the same with deleting Outlook Express email , but I found it by looking very hard inside the system -

Or an installed version of ERUNT should reinstall it

Regards -

Open for any others -------

well being that he is claiming that MBAM removed his explorer.exe file, or it could have been malware I think his best bet is to get help from the experts. I could show him how to get the file back, but if he does have malware its only going to delete it anyway....

(I think we beat him up enough on the spamming part, I think at first he was doing it to get to 50 post so he could become an Honorary member so he would have access to download the beta version right away but then again I am not them so I can say how he thinks, but it does make it harder to follow a thread with too many posts in a row.)

With that said.... He needs to follow the instructions below:

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Please note that it may take 72 hours or more for you to receive a response in the malware removal forum, as it is often busy at times. Please do not reply to your own post asking for help unless its been more than 72 hours since you originally posted, as this can make it appear as though you are being helped and take longer for you to get help.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

If you are a corporate customer please send an email to corporate-support@malwarebytes.org. (NOTE: An order number is required for corporate support.)

@ fin97 - You are able to EDIT and Add to your posts - There is no reason to post 7 panels (most with 1 line) about the single subject -

You would get more positive attention by keeping to ONE post that runs for 6 lines -

Stop Spamming the Forum - :)

That's how he managed to make it from GUEST to ADVANCED MEMBER in 3 days - bouncing is a poor excuse for advancement. :)

Shy

I had a similar problem once. I ended up just reinstalling windows as I had no idea how to rectify the issue.

I am dubious that MBAM deleted explorer.exe. It's possible, but I feel it is unlikely. Could it be possible for ERUNT to fix the issue, however? I think it can be a quick test to see if it really is malware. Fix the explorer.exe issue, than deal with the malware problem if there is one.

He said he shut down and powered up in the morning, which suggests to me that the possible infection causes this issue somewhere during the shut down or booting process.

I'm by no means an expert, but maybe he should get explorer.exe back running, than deal with the infection. Could this be a possible way of attacking the issue?

If I have correct information (and I am pretty sure I do), Mbam will NOT delete such critical system files such as explorer.exe.

However, it will flag them as an infection so that you are made aware that malware has altered the critical file.

If anyone on staff or anyone that knows for sure if I am wrong, please feel free to correct me.

Hey guy,

Hope everything works out. I know firsthand how frustrating it can be when Windows Explorer fails to function.

Just one point, please stop spamming on this forum. Add to a thread in a meaningful way, don't just post one sentence generalities just to up your post count. It hurts you, as it hurts your reputation, and it just annoys everyone else. I have noticed you doing this for a few days now (The Norton haters thread is a prime example) and it is frustrating getting so many emails saying so and so posted on this thread only to find out that the post it meaningless.

People on this forum are friendly, considerate, and all of us have knowledge to share and knowledge to learn. It would be awesome to see what you can teach us, and it will be a shame to see you get kicked off the forum for spamming. Please be consideerate. That is all I ask.

Good luck with everything. I will keep an eye out to see how the issue resolves itself :)

• 4 weeks later...