what web browser do you use?

DGMurdockIII

@ Shy Writer

Oh how maddening! Still, it sounds like you've got it sorted now, which is good news. :)

@YoKenny1.

Just like I said in a recent thread about AV preferences: each to their own. :) For many reasons Firefox is my favourite browser by a country mile, for other's it's IE, Opera, or another one. Whatever works best for the person using it eh?

I primarily use Firefox.

I find IE8 too slow. I've tried CometBird, but I essentially thought it was a rip-off of FF. I like GoogleChrome, but I've read articles about it not being as secure as Firefox.

I don't really think IE8 competes seriously in the browser market, Most third-party browsers seem to score consistently higher than IE as far as reliability, security, and speed is concerned.

Why is this?

I think part of the reason is most browsers get incremental updates every few months or so, while IE gets updated every few years or so....

Too shame MS.

Hey byte_king (and anyone else happening across this post),

If you're interested in Chrome...

Iron is the way to go :)

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...ost&p=33145

http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron_chrome_vs_iron.php

I use about three browsers mainly: SRWare Iron, TheWorld & Firefox.... It's been a long time since I have used Firefox.... It won me over again with Personas & of course, the Downloadthemall! add-on.

For downloading, it's Firefox with DTA add-on.

For surfing, it's Iron.

For IE & small downloads, it's TheWorld. I like 3.0.x, but 2.x works better with older hardware, imo.

I have tried out Arora, which is a cross platform browser & thought it was okay; it's still in development, though. However, Lunascape is really my love. It's a triple engine browser.... It's just that my equipment is not up-to-date enough to run it as well as I would like.

Opera is good, but I wish there were alternatives--like how there are with IE (Trident), FF (Gecko), & Chrome (Webkit)!!! I am not sure I like how Opera is basically the only browser with the Presto engine. Uniqueness is great, but I do wish there were a clone! (Currently, I've not heard of any.)

One thing that turned me off with Opera when I finally tried it out was when I went to check email. If I remember correctly, I tried 10.0 as well as 10.5 & had the same problem. (I think it was G-mail... & like there was an option to restrict 3rd party cookies/allow cookies from only sites I visit, which made logging into G-mail impossible). Their workaround was to set the browser to allow all cookies; I didn't want to do that and didn't think that was a satisfactory "solution" when I could restrict 3rd party cookies with Firefox (& now Iron) & still check my mail without a problem.

That was the only thing that annoyed me. Other than that, I LOVED OPERA! I will probably try it again to see if things have changed!! :rolleyes:

Gooday mates:

My default browser is Firefox; it's customized and tweaked according my needs. :)

Additionally, I use Opera which is fast and SRWare Iron, very fast too. :)

I only use IE8 for OS customized updates and/or Micro$oft downloads that require IE :) .

That's it! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...