Malwarebytes Beta 5.0.11.64 is available!

7 hours ago, FetzBox22 said:

Is this an issue with Malwarebytes 5.x or was there just no update for Malwarebytes 4 at that time either (what I guess)?

Not sure but i have been reporting this for awhile now maybe staff will give us details tomorrow when they are in? icolcear?

Edited by brad03
  • Like 1

Hello @brad03 & @FetzBox22:

Since the latest mb-support-1.9.2.982.exe was published just this last Friday, its mbst-grab-results.zip may extract some new and useful diagnostic logs for @icolcear and associates. Please consider running that utility's new version and posting the results for the dev team.

Thank you.

• Like 1

• Staff
17 hours ago, FetzBox22 said:

got a new update

image.png.ca42696aadd3b486225dc1d8dc9ba975.png

If you look at the upate package version,

yesterday it was 1.0.74217 and today we got ...219, we just missed 1 update.

The assumption that you missed an update in between 217 and 219 is not correct. That number is a build number and increments every DB build, not with every release of a DB update.

MB5 uses the exact same update mechanism as MB4 does, so they should be getting the same Update package version at the same time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, icolcear said:

That number is a build number and increments every DB build, not with every release of a DB update.

In other words: not every DB update has a build number?

For some user - including myself - it might be confusing, if there is no DB update for almost 22 hours.

If I see, that there is no update for 22 hours, it feels like, something went wrong.

My suggestion: explain it in a pop-up, in just in a few words:

image.png.7d27a92c58d1f94b769eaa1d1de21d7e.pngimage.png.cabb0807071269a8f0251c99984cbcf8.png"Malwarebytes also gets smal updates, even without new Build-Numbers...."

1 hour ago, icolcear said:

MB5 uses the exact same update mechanism as MB4 does, so they should be getting the same Update package version at the same time.

Thanks for the explanation.

• Like 1

• Staff
3 minutes ago, FetzBox22 said:

In other words: not every DB update has a build number?

For some user - including myself - it might be confusing, if there is no DB update for almost 22 hours.

If I see, that there is no update for 22 hours, it feels like, something went wrong.

My suggestion: explain it in a pop-up, in just in a few words:

image.png.7d27a92c58d1f94b769eaa1d1de21d7e.pngimage.png.cabb0807071269a8f0251c99984cbcf8.png"Malwarebytes also gets smal updates, even without new Build-Numbers...."

Thanks for the explanation.

No what I meant is that not every build gets released.

For this example 217 is built and released -> you get it. Then 218 is built but not released -> you don't get this. Then 219 is built and released -> you get it. 

So it's normal that you got 217 then 219.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, icolcear said:

No what I meant is that not every build gets released.

For this example 217 is built and released -> you get it. Then 218 is built but not released -> you don't get this. Then 219 is built and released -> you get it. 

So it's normal that you got 217 then 219.

understood

My VPN is always on connecting, it seems to work if I reboot, but eventually it goes back to just spinning. I have tried different locations in the USA. I can turn it off and back on, then it tells me to check my internet connection, but I know internet is working fine. Repeating the on/off a few times it eventually connects

image.png.622fc4d30108bbe498c48f31597362d4.png

image.png.ff75469b63ce42da4ad26946aa97992e.png

image.png.cf4edbfa63b71646360b3b0e13a80b51.png

Edited by Firefox