Bugs and not bugs in v.5

DJDANY

> but if you help me with beta key for premium plus, please

thank you again malwarebytes staff !

As my colleague mentioned above, we don't have any specific Beta keys. If you have Premium + Privacy VPN Bundle keys and it does not activate the product, we would need to investigate it in more detail.

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Corrected font issues

2 hours ago, milsabords said:

My V5 beta subscription has been extended from Apr  2023 to Jan  2004. Does this mean that the release is planned for next yar ? 

HMMM thats interesting mine is still showing its going to expire on 12/31/2023.

On 3/31/2023 at 7:11 PM, milsabords said:

My V5 beta subscription has been extended from Apr  2023 to Jan  2004. Does this mean that the release is planned for next yar ? 

We don't have the official release date yet but the subscription is not linked to the release date.

"The VPN integration is one of the big new features with MB5. We wanted to get as much Beta use out of it, to find bugs with it, as core feature stability is one of our main Beta goals. However, dashboard personalization options will be coming down the pipeline, and hiding VPN will be a possible option."

hello staff

i cant find bugs, i need enter in beta testers ( i whait premium plus beta key)

• Like 1

On 4/4/2023 at 6:23 AM, gicahagi said:

"The VPN integration is one of the big new features with MB5. We wanted to get as much Beta use out of it, to find bugs with it, as core feature stability is one of our main Beta goals. However, dashboard personalization options will be coming down the pipeline, and hiding VPN will be a possible option."

hello staff

i cant find bugs, i need enter in beta testers ( i whait premium plus beta key)

I agree. Does MB want us users to help beta test, or not? haha. I too would like to test beta. I installed to test and report and now just noticed it removed my subscription I had entered previously. Strange bug I just noticed. Try to enter my license key and it's not working, unknown error. 

image.png.50dc86b5db5b16cb45d99ea424250604.png

I must agree with gicahagi and RevivalTech. I think it would help if more people get Premium Plus to try out everything. I self have been testing around with Premium and I guess I have found the most out of this. Or maybe I could look around a bit more. What I think is Premium Plus just like Premium but with VPN access?

1 minute ago, unknownguy said:

What I think is Premium Plus just like Premium but with VPN access?

Exactly, but will be combined instead of 2 separate programs. It will probably cost the same as the current Premium+Privicy subscription combos sold now.

Now the thing is will lifetime users be able to add the VPN to the account? Or will lifetime users be only able to keep the premium license only or  have to choose to buy a new plus subscription to have both? (premium plus)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Exactly, but will be combined instead of 2 separate programs. It will probably cost the same as the current Premium+Privicy subscription combos sold now.

Now the thing is will lifetime users be able to add the VPN to the account? Or will lifetime users be only able to keep the premium license only or  have to choose to buy a new plus subscription to have both? (premium plus)

I have also been thinking around about this with lifetime users and the VPN.

Edited by unknownguy

15 hours ago, RevivalTech said:

I agree. Does MB want us users to help beta test, or not? haha. I too would like to test beta. I installed to test and report and now just noticed it removed my subscription I had entered previously. Strange bug I just noticed. Try to enter my license key and it's not working, unknown error. 

image.png.50dc86b5db5b16cb45d99ea424250604.png

Hi @RevivalTech thank you for reporting that, it might be a bug from our end. Do you mind sharing what type of license you use and maybe logs if possible so we could check it out?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

it is possible this ?

Create a VPN profile

Before you can connect to a VPN, you must have a VPN profile on your PC. You can either create a VPN profile on your own or set up a work account to get a VPN profile from your company.

Before you start:

• If it’s for work, look for VPN settings or a VPN app on your company’s intranet site while you’re at work, or contact your company's support person.

• If it’s for a VPN service you subscribe to for personal use, visit the Microsoft Store to see if there’s an app for that service, then go to the VPN service’s website to see if the VPN connection settings to use are listed there.

Once you have your work or personal VPN settings ready: 

1. Select Start  > Settings  > Network & internet > VPN > Add VPN.

2. Under Add a VPN connection, do the following:

• For VPN provider, choose Windows (built-in).

• In the Connection name box, enter a name you'll recognize (for example, My Personal VPN). This is the VPN connection name you'll look for when connecting.

• In the Server name or address box, enter the address for the VPN server.

• For VPN type, choose the type of VPN connection you want to create. You’ll need to know which kind of VPN connection your company or VPN service uses.

• For Type of sign-in info, choose the type of sign-in info (or credentials) to use. This might be a username and password, one-time password, certificate, or a smart card if you’re connecting to a VPN for work. Enter your username and password in the respective boxes (if required).

3. Select Save.

If you need to edit the VPN connection info or specify additional settings, such as proxy settings:

• From the VPN settings page, select the VPN connection you want to edit, select Advanced options, then select Edit next to the details you want to update. Once you've made the updates needed select either Save or Apply.

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Corrected font issue

19 minutes ago, gicahagi said:

ok, what i need to put in this settings, i cant make to work ...

On 5/24/2023 at 3:42 PM, gicahagi said:

Before you start:

• If it’s for work, look for VPN settings or a VPN app on your company’s intranet site while you’re at work, or contact your company's support person.

• If it’s for a VPN service you subscribe to for personal use, visit the Microsoft Store to see if there’s an app for that service, then go to the VPN service’s website to see if the VPN connection settings to use are listed there.

You need to subscribe to a VPN service.

9 hours ago, icolcear said:

The only way to use our VPN is through the MB5 UI or the Malwarebytes Privacy VPN app. This kind of manual configuration is unnecessary and unsupported.

ok, i ask because windows 11 offer icon when connect to vpn, with windscribe work if change protocol to IKEv2 protocol

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Why do you just not purchase a sub to the Malwarebytes VPN??

i have premium plus subscription for 1 year, icolcear say what i whant to know, MVB not work, i cant find in settings anything for vpn, only servers

windows 11 show this if can add vpn settings https://forums.mydigitallife.net/attachments/screenshot-4-png.63794/

Edited by gicahagi