cant update malwarebytes anymore

1 hour ago, Jay692 said:

im using windows 7 64 bit

n reality you should have upgraded this computer to windows 10 years ago or if is not capable, replaced it.

The above being said.

I would recommend you try to follow the advice from these posts below.

How to obtain and install Windows 7 SP2
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-update/how-to-obtain-and-install-windows-7-sp2/c2c7009f-3a10-4199-9c89-48e1e883051e

Update to enable TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 as default secure protocols in WinHTTP in Windows
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3140245/update-to-enable-tls-1-1-and-tls-1-2-as-default-secure-protocols-in-wi

id rather keep windows 7,windows 10 seems like it had or still has privacy and security issues

plus i like the UI of windows 7 better,regardless.malwarebytes has worked perfectly fine for the longest time with my operating system until today when it was doing the update thing after i ran it

6 minutes ago, Jay692 said:

id rather keep windows 7,windows

You are welcome to keep your unsupported operating system.

But you must do the updates I listed to be compatible with future versions of Malwarebytes.

8 minutes ago, Jay692 said:

windows 10 seems like it had or still has privacy and security issues

You are just reading what the untruths MS haters keep posting everywhere. The same "privacy "issues are in Win 7 as well but MS is/was not as transparent about it as it is with 10.

11 minutes ago, Jay692 said:

plus i like the UI of windows 7 better

That can be changed but if set up "right" it has not been an issue with my clients to get used to.

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

But you must do the updates I listed to be compatible with future versions of Malwarebytes.

ok,but is this like something that recently got changed? because ive had no issues with  malwarebytes until today

1 minute ago, Jay692 said:

but is this like something that recently got changed? because ive had no issues with  malwarebytes until today

Yes it is, you must have those listed updates to continue to receive updates from now on.

It is the same with all users that are using Windows 7.

Just now, Porthos said:

Yes it is, you must have those listed updates to continue to receive updates from now on.

It is the same with all users that are using Windows 7.

i happened to notice it said something about needing internet explorer 11,i cant install that right now without it auto updating everytime i shut down my pc or turn it on,is there a way i can disable this so where i can reinstall internet explorer 11 again because right now i have whatever older version it stuck me with after i uninstalled internet explorer 11

You can disable automatic updates through Windows Update's settings after reinstalling IE11 and restarting your system (a restart is required after installing IE11), that way it won't revert to installing updates automatically.

Details on controlling Windows Update can be found in the following article:

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2797-windows-update-settings-change.html

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

You are just reading what the untruths MS haters keep posting everywhere. The same "privacy "issues are in Win 7 as well but MS is/was not as transparent about it as it is with 10.

I was under the impression that if you didnt load certain KBs, 7 would not have those "privacy" issues, and 10 developer copies are even worse

3 hours ago, Porthos said:

reality you should have upgraded this computer to windows 10 years ago or if is not capable, replaced it.

I use malware on my Window 7 TV DVR, cant be upgraded or replaced as Media center was disabled in 10, and there are no replacements that record under 10 for DRM content

12 hours ago, exile360 said:

You can disable automatic updates through Windows Update's settings after reinstalling IE11 and restarting your system (a restart is required after installing IE11), that way it won't revert to installing updates automatically.

Details on controlling Windows Update can be found in the following article:

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2797-windows-update-settings-change.html

ok so i installed internet explorer 11,but when i went to windows update and change settings its already on never check for updates

4 minutes ago, exile360 said:

Then you should be all set, though you might want to restart the system once more and verify the setting afterwards just to make sure.

so is there another reason it keeps updating then? this never used to happen when i had internet explorer 11 before

• Root Admin

You're already running an Operating System that is no longer supported. It can potentially have an exploit come out tomorrow and Microsoft won't patch or fix it. Malwarebytes is a great tool but it's not designed to shore up and prevent operating system exploits when Microsoft is no longer patching that OS. That's like having a boat with holes in the bottom and taking it out to sea without fixing the holes. Why would you ever want to do that? I'd would highly suggest that you install all security updates that Microsoft has to offer that OS if you're not planning on replacing it yet @Jay692

Let us get some logs and we'll see if we can help you further.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you

• Thanks 1