Malwarebytes for iOS: I have a problem

Massimiliano

• As you already know, I use beta version 1.4.5.
  • I use iOS 13.4
  • I tried to remove Malwarebytes and reinstall it
  • I forced the definition update at least a hundred times
  • My definitions are a month old. The last update dates back to February 27, 2020.
  • Is it just my problem?

I ask it because until the old version they updated several times a day (at least web protection and call protection). Ad-Blocker has always updated more sporadically

I attach screenshots

IMG_0149.thumb.jpeg.d7957aadea0149aa638f0c8e2d7640fc.jpeg

@treed @adas Help me, please.

Thanks

Have a good day

Massimiliano

Sorry, I did my investigating on my iPad. When I checked my iPhone 7 just now I see that I match @Hardhead without a manual forced update.

I wonder if it matters whether Malwarebytes is enabled to do Background App Refresh or not? Mine is enabled.

4 minutes ago, alvarnell said:

I wonder if it matters whether Malwarebytes is enabled to do Background App Refresh or not? Mine is enabled.

In a previous discussion here on the forum a developer (I think @adas but I don't remember exactly) had explained to me that MWB must be open and with the update in the backgroud active for it to work properly. My iPhone is set up this way.

My background is enabled and darkened by default. 

12 hours ago, MAXBAR1 said:

In a previous discussion here on the forum a developer (I think @adas but I don't remember exactly) had explained to me that MWB must be open and with the update in the backgroud active for it to work properly. My iPhone is set up this way.

That I’m not sure about but may be true also. Maybe Monday R&D will respond. I do see that call protection updated today again. 

242F06C0-CB9A-477E-84EF-DD1C2D753CA3.thumb.jpeg.449a97e9fc44a26e37f1e2c22ab37e0e.jpeg

When I have always open MWB it always shows everything is updated and green. Only just recently when the report was made I opened up MWB and it was yellow and I then had to force the update to get the latest definition updates. 

Edited by Hardhead
Add extra info

26 minutes ago, MAXBAR1 said:

It was updated this evening after forcing it by clicking on the update button in the dashboard despite not being outdated.  I don't get updates automatically though

That is strange for sure because all I did was open up MWB and went to definition updated and it showed called protection version 1.0.2020040412 without forcing. I feel sure R&D will figure out why some updates are not being pushed out automatically or when opening MWB. To be honest I always thought the definition updates were pushed out from the server much like Windows version but I could be totally wrong. 🤔

10 hours ago, Hardhead said:

That is strange for sure because all I did was open up MWB and went to definition updated and it showed called protection version 1.0.2020040412 without forcing. I feel sure R&D will figure out why some updates are not being pushed out automatically or when opening MWB. To be honest I always thought the definition updates were pushed out from the server much like Windows version but I could be totally wrong. 🤔

No, it is not strange.
If you open the application when closed, the update takes place automatically as when you force it.
It didn't come to me because the application was open in the background to see if it was receiving pushes and not receiving them you have to force to get them.

From how they explained to me, if I didn't understand, if the application is closed and / or the background app update is not active it does not receive push updates but it works with the latest updates received: that's why I try to keep it open in the background ; unfortunately at this time the push updates do not work therefore until resolution it is better to close it and reopen it every so often (for example 1 or 2 times a day) to receive the updates or force them.

The optimum should receive push updates for the mere fact that it is installed or that it was active in the background regardless of whether it is open by the user.

OK, I think I may be able to confirm @MAXBAR1’s observation, except for one thing.

I keep MWB open in the background at all times (as I do with virtually all my apps) and background updates is enabled. When I brought the app to the foreground it was displaying the version information and call protection was yesterday’s version. I then switched to the dashboard which said I was current and I was unable to force an update. When I went back to the version info it did show today’s update. So I don’t really know whether I forced the update or if the version page just hadn’t been updated. Afraid I need to try again a different way.

1 hour ago, alvarnell said:

I was unable to force an update.

It is something that seems strange to me because at any time by clicking on the circular arrow I am able to force an update at any time (obviously the update is not always present but the function is always valid - at least for me)

Are the arrows suppose to spin or do you get some other feedback that the update is being forced? Whenever I tap it, there is no animation or tactile feedback. That’s why I said I couldn’t force an update. And when it says “Current” I take it at it’s word.

Edited by alvarnell

By clicking on the arrows, the arrows rotate (this doesn't necessarily mean updating the definitions though)

From the beginning, when it says current it is not always like this: in fact, sometimes, even if the banner is not yellow, an update is made by clicking on the arrows (verified the version difference between the before and after in the information panel) - this has happened to me countless times (it probably turns yellow and says update needed when it is particularly outdated); all the more so when it turns yellow and says it is out of date

Edited by MAXBAR1
added information

At this time they don’t rotate and they didn’t rotate when I changed from version to dashboard nor when I clicked on them at that time.

Next time there is an update I will start in dashboard, check the version and then return to dashboard if out-of-date to see if I can force.