MB Beta install issue

bdg2

I've tried several times to test this beta on 64 bit Windows 7. It will not install. I can't install and to reboot and try running the installer manually.

But there is no installer, I can only try enabling beta updates and checking for updates.

• Root Admin

Please try the following.

Step 1:  Uninstall and reinstall using the Malwarebytes Support Tool but do not allow the program to reinstall after the reboot. Decline the install

Step 2: Download the Malwarebytes 4 Offline Installer and save to your computer

Step 3: Install Malwarebytes 4 using the downloaded offline installer and reboot the computer.

Step 4: Enable Beta updates from within the image.png Settings, General

image.png

Step 5: Check for updates and it should install the Beta - then reboot again

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated information

You should be able to simply repair your installation by uninstalling normally then installing the latest version from here, then enable beta updates and check for updates to install the beta if you wish.  That should get the software in proper working order while retaining your settings, and if it doesn't work then you can resort to a more destructive method, however I believe it will work.

29 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Give it a try as @exile360 said and let us know how it goes.

Curious which settings you have that you want to retain - for reference as feedback for a future version update.

At present I have 6 Allowed files, 3 Allowed Folders, 4 Allowed websites, 3 Custom protected applications. I also have self protection turned off and scan root kits enabled.