How can I block Malwarebytes' irritating pop-up?

When I signed in this session, I enter my password carefully and correctly but it was rejected. I tried again but was locked out for 15 minutes, after which I ran the download again but it didn't create a file on my desktop.

I ran it yet again but it was again blocked by Defender and this time there wasn't the 'more' option. So there were no three dots. It then told me to sign in again and again rejected my password, per snip.

I am fully aware what is meant by the message "a new version is available" but I DON'T want to see it. It's invading MY laptop so please block it. Can this be done?

MBAM 2020-03 15th 2.27am.PNG

mbam queryDOTbat file 2020-03 10th.PNG

11 minutes ago, Taffy1812 said:

I am fully aware what is meant by the message "a new version is available" but I DON'T want to see it. It's invading MY laptop so please block it. Can this be done?

I suppose you want to scan/clean your computer with an outdated product. That is fine. Since you have been here since 2012 I just do not understand the issue with keeping the software up to date.

You "should" be able to toggle the following settings to achieve your goal. I think they are active in the free version.

2020-03-14_22h14_15.png

Hello Porthos - the fact is that I was considering uninstalling this free MBAM. The only area where it is better than Defender is in catching PUPs but I have that area covered already.

So I shall shortly uninstall MBAM using my Revo Pro. I'm grateful to the help I've been given with this thread.

Should I receive any more "a new version is available" messages after say ten days (it should have gone by then) I'll take appropriate action.

While it is of course your decision, I would just make you aware of this page which shows real-time data of actual threats/malware (PUP detections are not counted at all) of Malwarebytes detecting threats on systems where another AV is active, including Windows Defender.  While Defender is certainly much better than it once was, I still do not believe that it provides sufficient protection on its own.

Keep in mind that every detection shown as Microsoft Consumer is either Windows Defender or Microsoft Security Essentials (most often it is the former since most users are on Windows 10 these days).

Edited by exile360