Possible False Positive, rightsnet.org.uk

nukecad

For some reason MBG Firefox today decided to block 'https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/' due to riskware.

This is a website and forum for professional welfare advisors (you need to be employed as an advisor to join) that I visit daily, it's never been a problem before today.

It is remotely possible that there are some downloadable benefit/pension/other calculation tools on there that may have caused the flag, either something new/updated or MBG has changed it's detections and is picking up something it ignored before?

Please could you check it, thanks.

Sorry I meant check the FP block in MBG,  I knew VT would show the site as clean and had no qualms making it an exception.

There is/was just that slight possibility of one of the downloadables causing a detection though.

I spoke too soon - the block on rightsnet is back again.

It does seem to be a blanket domain block on ".org.uk" I have had others today as well.

eg. "www.diydoctor.org.uk" is also blocked by MBG for 'riskware'.

We seem to be getting more posts confirming this sudden blanket ban on whatever.org.uk

We could blame Brexit for UK sites suddenly being blocked by the rest of the world.

But I suspect that it's the 'double dot' that may be the problem.

No whitelist.

image.png.34f9bf6abc652701ef2c3f4e9243110f.png

All .org.uk sites are being blocked for me at the moment unless I make them an exception or disable/uninstall MBG.

Come on Malwarebytes, a TLD block on .org.uk?

I have always though TLD blocks are overkill, to me it seems a lazy way of doing things.
Don't allow connections to any sites on a domain and you stand zero chance of getting infected from those sites.
Whilst it will always work it's not quite what users expect.