Windows 10 Pro Workstation 64?

I'm looking at getting a PC that runs Windows 10 Pro Workstation 64.  Will MB3 work just as well with this OS as with Windows 10 Pro 64?  I'm assuming the answer would be relevant for a lot of other potential software.

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab
    Repair menu_arrows.png

7. Click the Gather Logs button
    Advanced_arrows.png

8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer
    Advanced Gather Logs_arrows.png

9. Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
    Advanced Gather Logs completed_arrows.png

10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:
     notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

From the main site below, you can see that Windows 10 is supported so Yes it will run just fine...

Software requirements
Windows 10 (32/64-bit)
Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit)
Windows 8 (32/64-bit)
Windows 7 (32/64-bit)
Windows Vista (Service Pack 1 or later, 32/64-bit)*
Windows XP (Service Pack 3 or later, 32-bit only)*
Active Internet connection

It should be compatible, however it's also possible that it may require the business version since Workstation shares several features with Windows Server (the differences are documented here).  The main ones I'm concerned about are ReFS, Persistent Memory and, assuming you use one, a system with multiple physical CPUs (i.e. dual Xeons or Opterons etc.), plus, if you're going to install a massive amount of system memory, that may also be an issue.

I don't know for certain though, so a member of the Malwarebytes staff may need to weigh in.  I just know that it's possible that the consumer build may detect that version of the OS and/or the business class hardware (again, assuming that's what you're using) and refuse to install or it may not function properly if there are any compatibility issues with those features/system hardware configurations.

exile360:

Hi.  Those are good and important points.  For example, a P52 with a Xeon chip and 64GB ECC RAM might be considered in a different class?

Yes, it definitely could assuming Malwarebytes uses server hardware detection to determine when it is being installed on a business class system/server.

I'll ask one of the members of Support to take a look and comment as I want to make certain that you are provided with accurate info before making any purchases so that we guide you to the right solution.

@LiquidTension, @AdvancedSetup could one of you address this please?

Thanks

29 minutes ago, exile360 said:

a system with multiple physical CPUs (i.e. dual Xeons or Opterons etc.), plus, if you're going to install a massive amount of system memory, that may also be an issue.

My workstation has Dual Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v4 @ 2.10GHz with 32GB Ram and works perfectly fine... (showing 16 cores)

Edited by Firefox