Malwarebytes block website. but other scanner did not find problems

Utomo

I'd never heard of the site before but a quick Google search found this article - https://steemit.com/scam/@thegrinder/the-bitconnect-scam-exposed

They may be a reputable company but I would suggest the Malwarebytes has blocked the site not because it's virus riddled but because there may be questions over the business model. From a quick look at the site, I'd rather keep my money under the mattress.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem.  The protection log is below.  

I appreciate that Malwarebytes protects me from threats of which I may not be aware.  However, the issue is whether I may make an informed choice.  Thanks.

Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com

-Log Details-
Protection Event Date: 10/30/17
Protection Event Time: 10:53 AM
Log File: 41574b35-bd9b-11e7-86f8-002564c95a09.json
Administrator: Yes

-Software Information-
Version: 3.2.2.2018
Components Version: 1.0.212
Update Package Version: 1.0.3130
License: Premium

-System Information-
CPU: x86
File System: NTFS
User: System

-Blocked Website Details-
Malicious Website: 1
, , Blocked, [-1], [-1],0.0.0

-Website Data-
Domain: bitconnect.co
IP Address: 104.20.10.103
Port: [58328]
Type: Outbound
File: C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

(end)

Thanks for the information about the risks and dangers of bitconnect.co.  However, I'm making a different point.  if I choose to take a considered risk with this product, I should be able to without having to shut down Malwarebytes every time I want to get on the site.

If bitconnect.co were loaded with malware, it makes sense to block it.  However, if it's questionable investment, that should be my choice, being over 18 and all, etc.

• 1 month later...

I think bitconnect is hacking their customers. A few months ago 2 or 3 large customers who actually advertise on YouTube all got hacked. 

Search your main drive for bitconnect 

let the search run and you will find a bunch of files on your google chrome directory.  Delete them and never go back to the site. If you do I hope you have a trezor or nano ledger. Also get a program that has a virtual keyboard. I use kaspersky.    If not you will get hacked and lose your coins.