• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hah. Luckily Google returned this topic when searching for Last Month :D

All of a sudden everyone is having the same issue. That is strange. Already updated to the newest version and rebooted my computer 2 times. Also scanned AdwCleaner, nothing. Now wait for an official response :)

Looks like this is some sort of server-side thing

The same problem popped up this morning in my Thinkpad running Win10 x64 Pro.  I attach the file created by mb-check-3.1.0.1002.exe.

mb-check-results.zip

Same here guys, problem rose about half an hour ago. I have uninstalled, then installed the latest available version. First it seemed to solve, but just as I started a manual scan, the web protection went off again, and the scan process canceled within 10 seconds. Something weird happen today, I guess...

Just started happening to me about 45 min ago ish.  Thought it was just me, but seems like everyone here is having the same problem?  I can't even run a scan.  It scans 0 files even after I check every drive on my PC.  Clean install was done as well.  Same issues persist.

Edited by obake1

Figured I'd throw my hat in the ring, guess this is happening to everybody. Tried all the previous fixes on the forum to no results. Premium user. scan cancels after doing nothing and web protection will not turn on

Edited by Ziuh

40 minutes ago, langshipley said:

Hi, I have Malwarebytes Premium and my Web Protection won't turn on. It keeps saying "starting" and it just sits there. If I close the Malwarebytes window, it goes back to off.

I found a forum post on the same topic and it said to run the mb-clean tool and reinstall with the latest version of Malwarebytes. I did that and first it looked like it fixed the problem, but after a while, the turn on Web Protection notification came back up and it was off again. 

I have exactly the same problem. A restart used to fix it now it just wont start. It also refuses to scan the PC.

3.1.0.1716 (No Updates Show Available) was Working Perfectly.

I HAVE TO [ QUIT MBAM ] to RELEASE my 2 Western Digital Ext Bkup Drives and ONCE PRIOR I - Forgot to Reactivate - MBAM BEFORE I Turned the Computer Off.

One or Two Re-Starts Fixed the Problem That Time. Today, not so much. Will Open a Thread but They Need to know who has this [ Real-Time Protection / Web Protection : STARTING ] Issue.

I'm having same problem as everyone else here, google brought me to this post.

Anyone tried scanning? It always scans for 1-3 seconds and shows 0 files scanned, seems like they broke the scanning too. I've tried clean install, nothing yet.

Web Protection won't start, or just stuck at "Starting..." when manually trying to start it.

Malware Protection is starts at off.

Edited by zm4lwarebytes

Add me to the list. The web protection just stopped working - alerted by a pop-up notification. Uninstalled Premium (3.0.6). Installed 3.1.2. Same issue, and, as others have reported, a scan in 6 secs - clearly not valid. Also did an sfc and dism check on the system and all fine there. I have been a Malwarebytes user for many years without issue so I hope that this problem is resolved swiftly.

Just now, zm4lwarebytes said:

I'm having same problem as everyone else here, google brought me to this post.

Anyone tried scanning? It always scans for 1-3 seconds and shows 0 files scanned, seems like they broke the scanning too. I've tried clean install, nothing yet.

Yeah I cant turn on web protection and scan results shows 0 files scanned and completes almost instantly

This whole situation is freaking me out a bit.  I really hope they figure out what's wrong soon.

Look Malwarebytes Admin, we understand that it's gonna take a minute to figure out a solution, but come say something to reassure us that we're not all boned!

Same here, about 1-Hour ago, my PC is Win-7-64-Pro, MAB 3.1.2 Premium User, long-time subscriber . . ("..Has the NSA-spawned virus attacked malawarebytes?? ..")   

Serious Question - - Does the malawarebytes staff work 24/7, or do we wait until Monday for a fix?