• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, jhuk said:

Same and how many threads on same topic are needed?

(cannot find my account email to sign in for some reason).

As many as it takes to get them to make this a priority. This has been happening since 3.0. If they arent able to fix it soon then I am uninstalling. Why should I put up with messages over and over about protection not being turned on when its broken. This is the kind of thing that gets regular users to quit using security products. 

It seems like there's nothing we can do at our end, guess we just gonna have to wait for an update or a fix from the admins. I think i've tried everything possible for an average consumer.

Restarts.

Scanned with windows defender in offline & safeboot mode to check i wasn't infected with anything that could interfere with Malwarebytes.

Re-installed Malwarebytes latest update.

Started Malwarebytes with administration privileges.

Activated and deactivated my serial key.

No results, Scans and Real Time Web Protection is still broken.

2 minutes ago, zm4lwarebytes said:

It seems like there's nothing we can do at our end, guess we just gonna have to wait for an update or a fix from the admins. I think i've tried everything possible for an average consumer.

Restarts.

Scanned with windows defender in offline & safeboot mode to check i wasn't infected with anything that could interfere with Malwarebytes.

Re-installed Malwarebytes latest update.

Started Malwarebytes with administration privileges.

Activated and deactivated my serial key.

No results, Scans and Real Time Web Protection is still broken.

I would like to add i had a clean Windows 10 reformat 4-7days ago. Malwarebytes was one of the first programs i installed and it worked fine then. It was just until recently it started failing.

3 minutes ago, rahlquist said:

As many as it takes to get them to make this a priority. This has been happening since 3.0. If they arent able to fix it soon then I am uninstalling. Why should I put up with messages over and over about protection not being turned on when its broken. This is the kind of thing that gets regular users to quit using security products. 

It will take them longer to read all the DUPE threads due to clueless pees just making new threads instead of looking or searching for existing one that can be seen clearly at top of this section.

I am not new here but cannot recover my account for some reason and I know the Beta was bad as tested it and the final was released the next day after the last broken Beta the exact same mess so I skipped it for a few months to see of they fixed it.

same, I was sitting in front of my computer staring vacantly into my empty desktop ( I do that sometimes kinda relaxing) when I suddenly noticed the notification from Malwarebytes that real time protections was disabled. I checked the protection settings and saw that Web protection and Malware protection was disabled. So I tried to enable them again, Malware protection successfully enabled, but Web protection just gets stuck on "Starting..." but never actually enables. So I tried exiting MB and starting it again, but no dice.... Tried shutting down Windows and restarting, but still the same happened: Web protection and Malware protection was again disabled, and only Malware protection could be enabled.

So what the deuce is going on?

Same damned problem here...it's getting annoying.  Thinking of passing on my renewal next month. 

UPDATE: Looks like scans NOT WORKING EITHER! - finishes in 1 second with zero objects etc. 

I use drive imaging and restored my system and malwarebytes wasn't working after restore either, which is odd.  Something remotely killed it as nothing on the system changed.  Nice.

Edited by MallyMcMalware

13 minutes ago, saxophone21 said:

It's not scanning anything either. Even attempting to do a manual scan of a downloaded file (something I do with downloaded files/email attachments) shows '0' files scanned so I suspect it is currently not working at all. That is no protection!!

Same here.. seems like it's an issue that's not related to our PCs or network. And it's like USD40 for a year's subscription? Luckily my license is forever..

Edited by migoto