Malwarebytes 3.0 will not download database updates

Let's get some logs to see if we can tell what's going on first....

1. Please read the following and attach to your next reply the 4 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 4 logs are: mbam logs zipped, FRST.txt, Addition.txt and mb-checkResult.txt)
  2. NOTE: More info about Malwarebytes 3.0.6 CU4 HERE; MB 3 User Guide ONLINE; MB 3 User Guide PDF; MB 3 FAQ: Malwarebytes 3.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

Also can you attach a copy of your hosts file (there are some that can't update due to a modified hosts file)

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank You,

Firefox

Hi,

Stop please ask to reinstall MBAM or renew our Hosts file with a blank one. None of these solutions solves the problem.
Stop veiling the face, there is a real problem with the updates.
This new version of MBAM is bugged, please give us very quickly a real solution to this problem.

@Guido76 sure the new program has issues, I am not denying that.... I am only a volunteer and do not work for Malwarebytes... if you want help then provide the logs BUT in your Own Topic...

@jdemoccc from your log files, it looks like Malwarebytes is missing its installation token for some reason, and not sure what happened but part of the log files is incomplete...

Also noticed this error: Hosts: Hosts file not detected in the default directory

Either way lets try a clean re-install to see if it corrects your issues...

V3 Clean install - latest version

Let's try this first (I would recommend the CU4 version).... (Please remember to de-activate your Malwarebytes first before un-installing or using the clean removal tool)

1. Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - Malwarebytes mb-clean tool (after uninstalling you can download the latest version to re-install from HERE) (If you prefer to test the latest Malwarebytes 3.0.6 CU4 -- BETA Preview which corrects many issues with the current version you can get it from HERE)
  2. NOTE: More info about Malwarebytes 3.0.6 CU4 HERE; MB 3 User Guide ONLINE; MB 3 User Guide PDF; MB 3 FAQ: Malwarebytes 3.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank You,

Firefox

whats with this line in the FAQS?? 

I’m a business customer and I want Malwarebytes 3.0! When can I get it?
Small businesses of up to 10 endpoints that use the un-managed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1x or 2x versions can uninstall the old product and install the new Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium. The centrally managed Malwarebytes 3.0 will be shipping for business customers by early next year. We’re very excited about some really cool endpoint protection management technologies we have in the pipeline for our business customers.

we are running unmanaged malwarebytes for 4 users.

We have 25 PCs with Malwarebytes and had the update issue on all of them. 

On 17 a re-install helped. On 8 we used mb-clean. On some the issue appeared immediately again on others the issue starts re-appearing after few days.

8 minutes ago, dcollins said:

@jdemoccc you are trying to use a corporate license to activate our consumer product, which isn't supported. If this is for a business, you'll want to stay on Malwarebytes 1.8 for the time being

We are carefully checking to avoid license violations. I personally checked the Malwarebytes website before switching to the consumer version - which we did because of the ransomware protection being available first in the consumer version. There was a readme or FAQ saying that it is OK to use the commercial license for the consumer version.

I just repaired the issue on my end.  Thought I would share my troubleshooting steps in case it might be useful. This is what I found on my own computer in the mbamservice.log.

03/28/17    " 12:45:38.385"    3274093    167c    1128    ERROR    LicenseControllerImpl    mb::licensecontrollerimpl::KeystoneImpl::KeystoneCheck    "KeystoneImpl.cpp"    144    "Unable to retreive an installation token, unable to check with Keystone. License functions will have to use the last status received."

Seems to indicate that while attempting to run the update it tries to check a seperate server for licensing information possibly?  It seems to coincide with the fact that updates seem to work while on a trial license.

These are the IPs I needed to make sure could communicate outside of our Firewall.  Not sure if these servers vary.

34.194.11.179:443 (ec2-34-194-11-179.compute-1.amazonaws.com)

54.172.29.209:443 (ec2-54-172-29-209.compute-1.amazonaws.com)

54.172.184.25 (ec2-54-172-184-25.compute-1.amazonaws.com)

Edited by SurfingBob

6 hours ago, ChrisHaag said:

We are carefully checking to avoid license violations. I personally checked the Malwarebytes website before switching to the consumer version - which we did because of the ransomware protection being available first in the consumer version. There was a readme or FAQ saying that it is OK to use the commercial license for the consumer version.

YES, THAT'S TRUE!

I have also read this FAQ and started to use my two commercial licenses on MB 3.0 consumer. And they worked fine from the beginning of MB 3.0's release until March 23rd. Something must have happened around this date, which stops the commercial keys/ids to function on MB 3.0 consumer.