tried to upload update last night,got -unable to connect the service message

• Root Admin

The program file is missing for some reason. Though often a clean install will correct many issues, in your case simply reinstalling over the top of the previous version should correct the issue.

Please just download the latest installer and run it and it should fix the issue.

https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3/

Thank you

Ron

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

The program file is missing for some reason. Though often a clean install will correct many issues, in your case simply reinstalling over the top of the previous version should correct the issue.

Please just download the latest installer and run it and it should fix the issue.

Thank you

Ron

oh God, here comes the too many cooks part lol.

Porthos, do you agree with this/his remark, or not?

Edited by customerservicesucks

• Root Admin

Hello @customerservicesucks

I am an employee and Forum Community Manager for helping to support customers. With over 64,000 posts I've also helped more users than anyone else on this site but if you'd rather not take my advice that's okay.  Please continue on with @Porthos

Best of luck

Thank you

Ron

2 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Hello @customerservicesucks

I am an employee and Forum Community Manager for helping to support customers. With over 64,000 posts I've also helped more users than anyone else on this site but if you'd rather not take my advice that's okay.  Please continue on with @Porthos

Best of luck

Thank you

Ron

I just asked if he agrees, calm down. I'm the one who paid for the stuff and I dont want to go in circles for a month if this doesnt work..and i'm doing it tomorrow because i dont want to trouble shoot crap right now. I'm the one that has to do the job i'm not getting paid for so i want to make sure it doesnt mess up again.

of course i'm hesitant. this is always more trouble then its worth. Give me a break lol .

• Root Admin

I am calm, I would ask you please do the same. There is absolutely no need for rude or abusive language. We're all adults here and rude or vulgar language even if one is upset is no excuse.

You're more than welcome to wait for Porthos or wait until tomorrow if you like. No one is going to leave you high and dry. Not sure what experience you've had with Kaspersky but I'm here almost every day and I'll help you to get the program working as it should. 

Thank you again

Ron

15 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Thank you

Ron

ok.....so, I click on your link, a thing pops up and asks if i want to save file, so i click on it to save file..nothing else pops up..now what? where is it? what do I do? tell me not to be pissed again.....

6 hours ago, Porthos said:

@customerservicesucks just checking in to see how things went with the uninstall/reinstall?

its going bad as the above post indicates....lets move it!!  dont tell me how to conduct my emotions. Mr 400,000 posts doesnt know how to be thorough apparently......

come on @advancedsetup,make me happy and quickly...

if I need to, tell me where to find that file and delete it so I dont waste space,so I dont have 2 useless ones lying around.

Did I not need to save it ?

Ok, Please don't get confused. Ron was trying to help you. Like I said before I volunteer my time and can not sit on here like a chat room. At this moment I am at my full time job working on peoples computers for money and can only check on this thread when time allows.

Now when you down load any thing you have to save it to a location you can remember for example your Desktop.

Please stop being crabby to people like Advancedsetup. He is an employee of Malwarebytes and is the manager of these very forums we are both typing on.

Please take a moment and read the instructions again.

First restart your computer so we can have a "fresh" start.

Make sure you have your license key ready, You will need it near the end of this.

Since you stated MB cant open we are first going to uninstall it the normal way from programs and features.

If it uninstalls restart again even though it should have already asked for a restart already.

Next download the MB clean tool https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean  Right click and run as administrator please. I will be quick to finish and will ask you to restart--Do so please.

Then Download mb3-setup-consumer-3.0.6.1469-1075.exe installer from this link.  and install and REBOOT after install Do NOT try to scan yet. .

After the reboot open MB and check for updates. If it updates and only then use your key and reactivate the program.

If it does not update post back and be patient for my response.

Now when you down load any thing you have to save it to a location you can remember for example your Desktop.

it didnt ask me where to move it,will that happen when i run the file?

(((Please stop being crabby to people like Advancedsetup. He is an employee of Malwarebytes and is the manager of these very forums we are both typing on.))

i'm the unsatisfied customer. He works for me, I dont work for him. This is why phone service is superior.

dont tell me how to respond to unsatisfactory service.

7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Ok, Please don't get confused. Ron was trying to help you. Like I said before I volunteer my time and can not sit on here like a chat room. At this moment I am at my full time job working on peoples computers for money and can only check on this thread when time allows.

Please stop being crabby to people like Advancedsetup. He is an employee of Malwarebytes and is the manager of these very forums we are both typing on.

Please take a moment and read the instructions again.

First restart your computer so we can have a "fresh" start.

Make sure you have your license key ready, You will need it near the end of this.

Since you stated MB cant open we are first going to uninstall it the normal way from programs and features.

If it uninstalls restart again even though it should have already asked for a restart already.

Next download the MB clean tool https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean  Right click and run as administrator please. I will be quick to finish and will ask you to restart--Do so please.

Then Download mb3-setup-consumer-3.0.6.1469-1075.exe installer from this link.  and install and REBOOT after install Do NOT try to scan yet. .

After the reboot open MB and check for updates. If it updates and only then use your key and reactivate the program.

If it does not update post back and be patient for my response.

whoaaaaaaa hold on, see, now i'm confused...no I already found the file I loaded..now you you want me to do your steps from yesterday?

i found the file..cant I just now run it from there? will it prompt me to save to desk top?  please.dammit, this is why phone service is superior and needed.

2 minutes ago, customerservicesucks said:

i found the file..cant I just now run it from there?

Yes

3 minutes ago, customerservicesucks said:

will it prompt me to save to desk top? 

no

3 minutes ago, customerservicesucks said:

please.dammit, this is why phone service is superior and needed.

Not always. Most company's use foreign services that you cant understand any way. 

9 minutes ago, customerservicesucks said:

dont tell me how to respond to unsatisfactory service.

I am VOLUNTEERING my time to assist you and I don't appreciate your attitude even if your are upset. I don't get paid for the time I spend helping you.  I have my own computer bushiness and charge quite a bit for phone service to my clients. Remember what you are offered here is a free service.

Now back to the task at hand.

Just run the MB clean program and it will ask you for a restart. do the restart and tell me when that is done (close your browser before you run the clean program please.

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Yes

no

Not always. Most company's use foreign services that you cant understand any way. 

I am VOLUNTEERING my time to assist you and I don't appreciate your attitude even if your are upset. I don't get paid for the time I spend helping you.  I have my own computer bushiness and charge quite a bit for phone service to my clients. Remember what you are offered here is a free service.

Now back to the task at hand.

Just run the MB clean program and it will ask you for a restart. do the restart and tell me when that is done (close your browser before you run the clean program please.

hold on...now, If i hit uninstall, that only deletes the previous one? what about the new file I have? is that foreign ? do I delete that separately?

11 minutes ago, customerservicesucks said:

but you still want me to delete the one i just loaded from his post?

All you need is the clean program and the new program copy of MB is all you need. Have you run the MB clean program yet??? Untill you do so that we are at a stand still.

Edited by Porthos

8 minutes ago, customerservicesucks said:

but I am now restarting anyway

Thank you

After the restart install MB from the file you already downloaded named mb3-setup-consumer-3.0.6.1469-1075

When iMalwarebytes opens opens click check for updates then after it says current please restart again. It will not ask you..

Just now, Porthos said:

Thank you

After the restart install MB from the file you already downloaded named mb3-setup-consumer-3.0.6.1469-1075

When iMalwarebytes opens opens click check for updates then after it says current please restart again. It will not ask you..

lol see I told you, this would f up... I already deleted that file before I uninstalled. You in fact did not tell me to keep it. You didnt mention that step.

now what dammit!

11 minutes ago, customerservicesucks said:

now what dammit!

I will give you ONE MORE chance to be respectful to me.

12 minutes ago, customerservicesucks said:

if it uninstalls, why am I running a clean tool?

The MB clean tool is used to clean out leftovers from messed up installs like yours.

If you did not run that tool and have deleted it you need to download it again. Stop worrying deleting stuff till AFTER every thing is fixed.

When that is completed we will move on to reinstalling Malwarebytes.

Edited by Porthos