tried to upload update last night,got -unable to connect the service message

tried to get an update last night and after it loaded,all I get is -Unable to connect the service- I'm not sure if its a 3.0, If i'm in the wrong place,sorry..but I better get help ASAP

I knew I shouldnt have bothered. Dont tell me to delete and re-upload. I already see thats not working for anyone!

.where is a damn customer service person I can talk to on the phone? I had an issue with kaspersky before i had you that took a month to solve and it magically was fixed remotely after all the stuff they told me to do that didnt work! This better not take a censoreding month and you better not tell me i need to do an half hour worth of this or that to fix it! I'm not the employee!

I paid money to you, you better have a solution and make the damn thing work! Dont tell me to be polite! I'm sick of this crap and need it fixed immediately!

while its down,will I now get viruses? help me dammit and make quick and painless as possible. No I dont have F-what ever.

I'm in America,Oregon.

please censoreding help me! where is a censoreding customer service number?! dont tell me about my language, I have every right to be damn angry!

Edited by customerservicesucks

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble update. Please try the following to resolve your update issue:

On 3/21/2017 at 6:49 PM, bdubrow said:

any others who may have seen the update status not refreshing earlier...

Please do a a check for updates and ensure you're on Update Package 1.0.1562 or later, and then reboot your system. 

There was an issue with an earlier update which caused some systems to get stuck in the odd update state. To fully recover, the reboot is necessary.

If you are still having trouble, please contact our support team here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/customer/portal/emails/new?b_id=6400

Thanks,
Cecile

11 minutes ago, celee said:

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble update. Please try the following to resolve your update issue:

If you are still having trouble, please contact our support team here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/customer/portal/emails/new?b_id=6400

Thanks,
Cecile

where do I check for updates if I cant access malwarebytes? Sorry if i dont get it, I need step by step here.

3 minutes ago, customerservicesucks said:

effing help me!

She is trying, But you posted in your first post,,,

1 hour ago, customerservicesucks said:

Dont tell me to delete and re-upload. I already see thats not working for anyone!

It does work in many cases. But you also said the below quote.

better not tell me i need to do an half hour worth of this or that to fix it! I'm not the employee!

I wish you would let us help you.

where is a damn customer service person I can talk to on the phone?

I am so sorry. It is either here in the forums or back and forth by Email at the help desk.

I am so sorry. It is either here in the forums or back and forth by Email at the help desk.

this is not good customer service especially with computer issues. You need immediate communication !

you are giving me anxiety! no one has done anything helpful yet! this going to take 2 censoreding days instead of an hour. This isnt helpful :(:(

Just now, customerservicesucks said:

but maybe not right now. Its 6:29 pm. And I need a break.

It is 2 hours later than that here. I totally understand. But please remember is not a chat type of place where we all sit 24/7 We are mostly volunteers here and have lives away from our computers so getting this fixed might take a little time.

3 minutes ago, customerservicesucks said:

will i be able to have the forum open when i do it?  will it last for how long I already paid for?

I don't understand this question. Please explain.

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

It is 2 hours later than that here. I totally understand. But please remember is not a chat type of place where we all sit 24/7 We are mostly volunteers here and have lives away from our computers so getting this fixed might take a little time.

I don't understand this question. Please explain.

will i be able to have this forum open while I do it? so i can read what i need to do while forgetting steps

will i be able to have this forum open while I do it? so i can read what i need to do while forgetting steps

You will be restarting the computer several times during this so not really. You can keep coming back and rereading things between steps/reboots or you can print or write things down if you need to.

8 minutes ago, customerservicesucks said:

will other different people who know this be here later through the night?

Yes but remember too many cooks spoil the broth. Do not want to confuse you in any way. Also before  I post any fixes I would like to know which version of Windows is on your computer please and what other security programs are on your computer. I could find out this info by having you run some diagnostic software that will produce all the info needed.

Edited by Porthos

9 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Even so one poster per topic PLEASE. We like to assist people one on one with no distractions. Thanks for understanding.

Porthos..what is your shift right now and tomorrow,what time do you work tomorrow?

yes you can post instructions but in case I dont feel like doing it now,what is your shift tomorrow?

Edited by customerservicesucks

what is your shift right now and tomorrow,what time do you work tomorrow?

Like I mentioned earlier. I am a Volunteer and this in spare time. But I am in and out of these and many forums daily. I run a one man computer shop during the day and logon to the forums many times a day.

First restart your computer so we can have a "fresh" start.

Make sure you have your license key ready, You will need it near the end of this.

Since you stated MB cant open we are first going to uninstall it the normal way from programs and features.

If it uninstalls restart again even though it should have already asked for a restart already.

Next download the MB clean tool https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean  Right click and run as administrator please. I will be quick to finish and will ask you to restart--Do so please.

Then Download mb3-setup-consumer-3.0.6.1469-1075.exe installer from this link.  and install and REBOOT after install Do NOT try to scan yet. .

After the reboot open MB and check for updates. If it updates and only then use your key and reactivate the program.

If it does not update post back and be patient for my response. I will check either before I go to bed or first thing in the morning before I go to work.

Thanks for attempting to let me resolve your issues. :)

Edited by Porthos

6 minutes ago, customerservicesucks said:

is my reference key all big capital letters?

Your key is in capitals with - between each set of numbers and letters.

Key XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Or you might have both a key AND an ID like so depending on how long  ago it was purchased.

ID XXXX-XXXX

Key XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Edited by Porthos