Hello Malwarebytes ((Sorry its so long!)) :)

Currently my DELL laptop is running slow and I referred to this topic for help. I suck at computers and wanted to remove the the virus manually through coding but that got me confused even more so I decided to go here and I found this :

and I'm stuck at the 2nd step. I couldn't find " fixlist.txt file ". ( I have my FRST.txt and Addition.txt saved on my desktop already )  I understand that most pc's work differently and need different ways of fixing but I just decided to go through this route because I've been experiencing similar functions. The wifi has had the connection decreasingly dropped several times, it takes at least 5-7 minutes to boot up my laptop, the cursor seems to spazz out in rare cases, programs sometimes restarted on their own, i had one drive failure where it completely restarted itself and i thought it would be due to it heating up, and just overall everything is slow. The percentages on CPU and Memory are increasingly high (up to 98% at the highest) sometimes and then drop at around a 50%. I know I have a virus and I know MacAfee isn't the best, but I did a full scan and according to it, there seemed to be nothing but I know I have a virus that's just hibernating somewhere. From my past experience of having a laptop that got completely obliterated by this one virus/trovi, this was just the beginning. 

My original plan in avoiding this was to move some files and programs into an external hard drive, but I'm afraid some of them may be infected already because this has been prolonging for weeks now and I never took initiative action to stop it.  

update: it decided to change my desktop background too (fixed it with a restart) but my laptop is getting slightly more glitchy/laggy

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

Hello xivvt and welcome to Malwarebytes,

My screen name is kevinf80, i`m here to help clean up your system. Make sure to run all scans from accounts with Administrator status, continue as follows please:

Anyone other than the original starter of this thread please DO NOT follow the instructions and advice posted as replies here, my help and advice is NOT related to your system and will probably cause more harm than good...

Continue with the following:

Download attached fixlist.txt file (end of reply) and save it to the Desktop, or the folder you saved FRST into. "Do not open that file"
NOTE. It's important that both FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Open FRST and press the Fix button just once and wait.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt) or the folder it was ran from. Please post it to your reply.

Next,

Download Malwarebytes version 3 from the following link:

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou/

Double click on the installer and follow the prompts. If necessary select the Blue Help tab for video instructions....

When the install completes and is updated do the following:

Open Malwarebytes, select > "settings" > "protection tab"

Scroll down to "Scan Options" ensure Scan for Rootkits and Scan within Archives are both on....

Go back to "DashBoard" select the Blue "Scan Now" tab......

When the scan completes deal with any found entries... Then select "Export Summary" then "Text File (*.txt)" name that log and save , you can copy or attach that to your reply...

Next,

Download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.

• Double click on Adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on the Scan in the Actions box
  • Please wait fot the scan to finish..
  • When "Waiting for action.Please uncheck elements you want to keep" shows in top line..
  • Click on the Cleaning box.
  • Next click OK on the "Closing Programs" pop up box.
  • Click OK on the Information box & again OK to allow the necessary reboot
  • After restart the AdwCleaner(C*)-Notepad log will appear, please copy/paste it in your next reply. Where * is the number relative to list of scans completed...

Next,

Download Sophos Free Virus Removal Tool and save it to your desktop.

If your security alerts to this scan either accept the alert or turn off your security to allow Sophos to run and complete.....

Please Do Not use your PC whilst the scan is in progress.... This scan is very thorough so may take several hours...

• Double click the icon and select Run
  • Click Next
  • Select I accept the terms in this license agreement, then click Next twice
  • Click Install
  • Click Finish to launch the program
  • Once the virus database has been updated click Start Scanning
  • If any threats are found click Details, then View log file... (bottom left hand corner)
  • Copy and paste the results in your reply
  • Close the Notepad document, close the Threat Details screen, then click Start cleanup
  • Click Exit to close the program
  • If no threats were found please confirm that result....

The Virus Removal Tool scans the following areas of your computer:
  • Memory, including system memory on 32-bit (x86) versions of Windows
  • The Windows registry
  • All local hard drives, fixed and removable
  • Mapped network drives are not scanned.

Note: If threats are found in the computer memory, the scan stops. This is because further scanning could enable the threat to spread. You will be asked to click Start Cleanup to remove the threats before continuing the scan.

Let me see those logs, also tell me if you have any remaining issues or concerns..

Thank you,

Kevin

fixlist.txt

It was quite weird because the Sophos scanner didn't detect anything but the first two scanners did.

Here is the AdwCleaner[c0].txt :

# AdwCleaner v6.044 - Logfile created 08/03/2017 at 19:03:08
# Updated on 28/02/2017 by Malwarebytes
# Database : 2017-03-07.1 [Server]
# Operating System : Windows 10 Home  (X64)
# Username : Odett - DESKTOP-BLH4OAM
# Running from : C:\Users\Odett\Downloads\AdwCleaner.exe
# Mode: Clean
# Support : https://www.malwarebytes.com/support

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Folders ] *****

[-] Folder deleted: C:\ProgramData\5af2e006-cbe0-4d38-bbc9-07c9b47fea7f
[-] Folder deleted: C:\ProgramData\93770775-259d-4fa0-8904-d299c8c0a744
[-] Folder deleted: C:\ProgramData\9fb6e229-cf80-498c-aded-7b83ebe930d8

***** [ Files ] *****

***** [ DLL ] *****

***** [ WMI ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Scheduled Tasks ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

[-] Key deleted: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\OCComSDK.ComSDK
[-] Key deleted: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\OCComSDK.ComSDK.1
[#] Key deleted on reboot: [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\OCComSDK.ComSDK
[#] Key deleted on reboot: [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\OCComSDK.ComSDK.1
[-] Key deleted: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{B9D64D3B-BE75-4FA2-B94A-C4AE772A0146}
[-] Key deleted: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{47A1DF02-BCE4-40C3-AE47-E3EA09A65E4A}
[-] Key deleted: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{FA7B2795-C0C8-4A58-8672-3F8D80CC0270}
[-] Key deleted: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{47A1DF02-BCE4-40C3-AE47-E3EA09A65E4A}
[-] Key deleted: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{1112F282-7099-4624-A439-DB29D6551552}
[-] Key deleted: HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\ask.com
[-] Key deleted: HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\azlyrics.com
[-] Key deleted: HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\dotomi.com
[-] Key deleted: HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\dramanice.us
[-] Key deleted: HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\features.en.softonic.com
[-] Key deleted: HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\kpoplyrics.net
[-] Key deleted: HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\metrolyrics.com
[-] Key deleted: HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\ask.com
[-] Key deleted: HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\azlyrics.com
[-] Key deleted: HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\dotomi.com
[-] Key deleted: HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\dramanice.us
[-] Key deleted: HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\features.en.softonic.com
[-] Key deleted: HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\kpoplyrics.net
[-] Key deleted: HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\metrolyrics.com
[#] Key deleted on reboot: [x64] HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\ask.com
[#] Key deleted on reboot: [x64] HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\azlyrics.com
[#] Key deleted on reboot: [x64] HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\dotomi.com
[#] Key deleted on reboot: [x64] HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\dramanice.us
[#] Key deleted on reboot: [x64] HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\features.en.softonic.com
[#] Key deleted on reboot: [x64] HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\kpoplyrics.net
[#] Key deleted on reboot: [x64] HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\metrolyrics.com
[#] Key deleted on reboot: [x64] HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\ask.com
[#] Key deleted on reboot: [x64] HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\azlyrics.com
[#] Key deleted on reboot: [x64] HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\dotomi.com
[#] Key deleted on reboot: [x64] HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\dramanice.us
[#] Key deleted on reboot: [x64] HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\features.en.softonic.com
[#] Key deleted on reboot: [x64] HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\kpoplyrics.net
[#] Key deleted on reboot: [x64] HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\metrolyrics.com

***** [ Web browsers ] *****

:: "Tracing" keys deleted
:: Winsock settings cleared

C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C0].txt - [7817 Bytes] - [08/03/2017 19:03:08]
C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [7820 Bytes] - [08/03/2017 18:57:43]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C0].txt - [7963 Bytes] ##########

Malwarebytes Sum.txt

Fixlog.txt

It's still  a little slow on the startup (I don't believe I have many programs running when I just startup, just only skype) and the cursor sometimes still lag when moving it around desktop ( I waited 5-9 minutes to allow my laptop to load everything and cool down). There is also a high percentage (ranging frm 30%-70%) on CPU and memory still. Is this normal?

Continue wiith the following:

Download and save RogueKiller to your Desktop from this link:

https://www.fosshub.com/RogueKiller.html/setup.exe

Right click setup.exe and select Run as Administrator to start installing RogueKiller.

At the next window Checkmark "Install 32 and 64 bit versions, then select "Next"

user posted image

In the next window skip Licence I.D. and Licence Key, select "Next"

user posted image

In the next window make no changes and select "Next"

user posted image

In the next window leave both "Additional Shortcuts" checkmarked, then select "Next"

user posted image

In the next window make no changes and select "Install"

user posted image

RogueKiller will extract and complete installation, in the new window leave "Launch Roguekiller" checkmarked, then select finish.

user posted image

RogueKiller will launch. Accept UAC, then read and accept "User Agreements"

user posted image

In the new window the "Home" tab should already be selected, Change by selecting "Scan" tab, then select "Start Scan"

user posted image

When the scan completes select "Open Report"

user posted image

In the new Window select "Export text" name that file RK.txt, save to your Desktop and attach to your reply

user posted image

Thank you,

Kevin

Thank s for the update, be aware you cannot leave your system in "Clean Boot" mode. The instructions to reenable are at the same link.....

If clean boot makes your system faster and more responsive it is now a process of elimination to find which non MS service(s) was/were affecting your system...

Go through the process again, this time with all MS services hidden again enable the top half of non MS services, re-boot and see how your system responds, if still ok the top half can be left enabled.

Repeat again, enable so many of the bottom half then re-boot. Continue until you locate the problem service(s). A process of elimination, a bit long winded but worth the effort. Let me know the outcome...

If you are sure your system is now OK continue with the following to clean up...

Uninstall Sophos AV and RogueKiller http://www.askvg.com/how-to-completely-uninstall-remove-a-software-program-in-windows-without-using-3rd-party-software/

Next,

Download "Delfix by Xplode" and save it to your desktop.

Or use the following if first link is down:

"Delfix link mirror"

If your security program alerts to Delfix either, accept the alert or turn your security off.

Double Click to start the program. If you are using Vista or higher, please right-click and choose run as administrator

Make Sure the following items are checked:

• Remove disinfection tools <----- this will remove tools we have used.
  • Purge System Restore <--- this will remove all previous and possibly exploited restore points, a new point relative to system status at present will be created.
  • Reset system settings <--- this will reset any system settings back to default that were changed either by us during cleansing or malware/infection

Now click on "Run" and wait patiently until the tool has completed.

The tool will create a log when it has completed. We don't need you to post this.

Any remnant files/logs from tools we have used can be deleted…

Next,

Read the following links to fully understand PC Security and Best Practices, you may find them useful....

Answers to Common Security Questions and best Practices

Do I need a Registry Cleaner?

Take care and surf safe

Kevin... user posted image

• Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!