Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware version 1.39 released

I have a cookie policy in force which precludes me allowing cookies from cnet - too much ad server nonsense. However, I cannot download this latest release from their site without allowing cookies. Where else can I download 1.39 from? TIA,

Hi. If this isn't the right place to post this please move my post!

I've been using Malwarebytes for a while now (free version sorry! Still out of a job :( ) and when I ran the update today which pulled down version 1.39 during my normal daily scan I received an error from Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library:

---------------

Program: C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

---------------

The previous version(s) worked fine and I double checked I don't have any virus or malware on my computer by running a couple other malware programs in regular and safe mode. I uninstalled Malwarebytes and downloaded a fresh copy of Malwarebytes from C-net and it does the same thing, the mbam.exe file just won't run on my computer. I double checked that I am up to date with Microsoft (this is an XP Professional OS) by performing a Windows Update check even tried turning everything off in normal mode. Could it be something in the new release? If it's my computer, I have no idea what it could be. Thanks!

• Staff
I have a cookie policy in force which precludes me allowing cookies from cnet - too much ad server nonsense. However, I cannot download this latest release from their site without allowing cookies. Where else can I download 1.39 from? TIA,
If you have Malwarebytes installed, old version, just use the internal updater.

Alternatively, the link below will also generate other sites, such as MajorGeeks, not just CNET:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

Pay close attention to the actual download link. Many download sites have big giant sponsored ads from other vendors of other types of software which may confuse you. That's how they make money, by placing these ads prominently so you see them first.

Ignore all 'Recommended downloads', these will be the ads.

you can download from Major Geeks here and use IE for the download, Keep an eye on the top of the browser, it may drop down a 1/4" for an area for you to download the 1.39 rt. mouse click & save to desktop.

directly to the site of 1.39

EDIT: the correct download site http://majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Anti-Malware_d5756.html

If nothing happens refresh the above link/page

I've been using Malwarebytes for a while now (free version sorry! Still out of a job :( ) and when I ran the update today which pulled down version 1.39 during my normal daily scan I received an error from Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library:

---------------

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

---------------

I am having the indentical problem.

If you have Malwarebytes installed, old version, just use the internal updater.

Alternatively, the link below will also generate other sites, such as MajorGeeks, not just CNET:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

Pay close attention to the actual download link. Many download sites have big giant sponsored ads from other vendors of other types of software which may confuse you. That's how they make money, by placing these ads prominently so you see them first.

Ignore all 'Recommended downloads', these will be the ads.

That link goes straight to http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti...&tag=button which, again, is the cnet site. Why can't malwarbytes.org host a copy of MBAM too? How many downloads a day does it get? Is there a bandwidth problem precluding housing under your own wings, so to speak? Regards,

you can download from Major Geeks here and use IE for the download, Keep an eye on the top of the browser, it may drop down a 1/4" for an area for you to download the 1.39 rt. mouse click & save to desktop.

directly to the site of 1.39

http://majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id=5...fd909666f809b26

If nothing happens refresh the above link/page

Thanks, that link works. The MBAM internal updater takes me to cnet again!

That link goes straight to http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti...&tag=button which, again, is the cnet site. Why can't malwarbytes.org host a copy of MBAM too? How many downloads a day does it get? Is there a bandwidth problem precluding housing under your own wings, so to speak? Regards,

I can't answer that question as I don't work for mbam, but you can try post # 5 and it should take you to major Geeks direct download site for this program, post back please & let me know when you have it? regards

the programmer is working on the problem with ms & Microsoft Visual C++. It may be a few hours + or -

You guys are good. That kind of responsiveness doesn't happen in larger software houses! Keep it up! :(

thanks.. did you get the 1.39 downloaded? then all of us will be happy, cheers

Yes, thank you, the Major Geeks link worked. Why cnet won't let you download unless cookies are allowed, is a mystery to me. Major Geeks didn't need cookies! I wonder whether Major Geeks and General Failure serve in the same infantry unit?!? :( Cheers!

• Staff
Actually, that's a rotating .php script, it directs to about 3-4 different sites. Sometimes it just takes a few clicks.

The reason we can't host the downloads ourselves is that the malware scum who write malware attack our sites with DDoS attacks and take them down. Then no one gets anything, no updates, no software. We close shop and find new jobs\hobbies.

That's the price we pay for distributing quality software, we get directly targeted. Sort of a proud badge of honor.

I used the internal MBAM 1.38 updater to update to 1.39 with latest signatures. It worked fine. I then did a full scan (fixed drive and USB drive) and it worked fine with no freeze ups or drop outs. No malware was encountered. I was using Windows XP SP3 on a PC without MS Visual Studio/C++ installed on it. I also do not run any other AV product except for MJ Registry Watcher.

---------------

---------------

The previous version(s) worked fine and I double checked I don't have any virus or malware on my computer by running a couple other malware programs in regular and safe mode. I uninstalled Malwarebytes and downloaded a fresh copy of Malwarebytes from C-net and it does the same thing, the mbam.exe file just won't run on my computer. I double checked that I am up to date with Microsoft (this is an XP Professional OS) by performing a Windows Update check even tried turning everything off in normal mode. Could it be something in the new release? If it's my computer, I have no idea what it could be. Thanks!

I have exactly the same problem and did as you no viruses, malware, et al. I contacted support and they are checking with developers, but after 3 days, still not resolved! BTY, I'm also running XP Pro SP3 32 bit. ( I have the paid version).

I have exactly the same problem and did as you no viruses, malware, et al. I contacted support and they are checking with developers, but after 3 days, still not resolved! BTY, I'm also running XP Pro SP3 32 bit. ( I have the paid version).

Email removed to prevent spambot cultivation

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware version 1.39 has been released. As this is primarily a bugfix release, if you had issues with 1.38, please let us know if 1.39 resolves them.

I had a problem with 1.38, when trying to install I got "An error occurred. Please report the following error code to the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware support team.

Error code: 732 (0, 0)".

I've downloaded and tried to install 1.39, but the same error code occurs.

I'm using Windows Vists Basic on a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop, with ESET Smart Security.

Whilst writing this, I discovered the Windows Firewall was on, so as the ESET firewall was on and working, I turned Windows Firewall off.

I uninstalled Malwarebytes, then tried to install 1.39 again.

The error code popped up again after it said installation was completed, with Update and Launch ticked.

Is this a fatal error code ? I can't find this or any other error code on your site.

What does it mean ?

Text error messages would be more user-friendly.

• Staff
I had a problem with 1.38, when trying to install I got "An error occurred. Please report the following error code to the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware support team.

Error code: 732 (0, 0)".

I've downloaded and tried to install 1.39, but the same error code occurs.

I'm using Windows Vists Basic on a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop, with ESET Smart Security.

Whilst writing this, I discovered the Windows Firewall was on, so as the ESET firewall was on and working, I turned Windows Firewall off.

I uninstalled Malwarebytes, then tried to install 1.39 again.

The error code popped up again after it said installation was completed, with Update and Launch ticked.

Is this a fatal error code ? I can't find this or any other error code on your site.

What does it mean ?

Text error messages would be more user-friendly.

Welcome.

You also need to assure you have v4.x.x of ESET.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware version 1.39 has been released. As this is primarily a bugfix release, if you had issues with 1.38, please let us know if 1.39 resolves them.

Several weeks ago I purchased a registered copy of Malwarebytes 1.38. I sucessfully downloaded it, carried out a scan and then re-booted the computer. As the computer started to re-boot

it loaded malwarebytes and then froze, unable to load any further. Even the mouse refused to work. I uninstalled malwarebytes and everything returned to normal. When 1.39 was released

I thought I would try again but alas malwarebytes once again caused the computer to freeze. I use windows xp