How to remove Malwarebytes 3.0 from WIndows 10 laptop

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, John L. Galt said:

If you want to continue to argue with me

Oh come on, John! Arguing??? :(  I am not talking to myself! I and others are simply trying to point out what we have discovered using MB3! It is you who don't want to hear it! :(

You may not remember me but I sure remember you. We go way back and you can see via the link in my sig that I am no newbie or dummy when it comes to computers or Windows programs or how they should work.

EXCUSE ME :rolleyes: for not mentioning earlier (in this thread) I did not install using the default locations. But what difference would that make? If properly coded, none! But to that, I stated last Saturday in this thread I installed in an alternate location.

So please get down from your horse and accept that you don't represent everyone, and that others have the same right as you to express their findings and opinions too.

I do not plan on responding to anymore of your posts

That would be great. Thanks.

8 minutes ago, Aura said:

and the uninstaller works well even there :)

I note, however that you reported here the uninstaller left dangling mbae64.dll. Your reasoning was that was because a protected app was still open, and I agree - that make sense.

But what I am saying is the MB3 uninstaller should have then prompted for a reboot to release that "hook" and allow the uninstall routing finish cleaning up to ensure no obsolete files and folder are left orphaned. Alternatively (building on your suggestion in that other thread), the uninstaller should warn users that program XYZ is running and to close said app before proceeding, instead of just expecting users do that on our own.

7 minutes ago, Aura said:

Because I'm a bad beta tester. Either I have no issues at all, either I have one that no one have :P

Lol.  Apparently I'm a bad beta tester as well. 

I'm trying to provide logs and screenshots for the team to use to fix the problems that I and others are encountering, but apparently that is not good enough. 

And since alternate install locations is not the issues, and enabling self-protection modules have almost always caused uninstall issues since back in the 1.75 days, well, I guess that providing more logs and screenshots is supposed ot bebeneath me.

Who knows.

It seems someone has decided to launch a personal puerile tirade against me now via PMs. I don't wish to go there but will respond to one point raised.

I don't have just one computer. I have 5 computers here, 4 PCs and one notebook, all running 64-bit W10 Pro. The notebook and 3 PCs have the Premium version installed and 1 PC uses the free version. Of the 3 PCs with Premium, 2 have experienced the recurring warning that real-time protection is not running, The 3rd has been problem free. The 4th uses the free version and is not used enough to determine if problematic - but of course does not have real-time protection anyway.

All 3 PCs with Premium installed have SSDs and all 3 use alternate install locations. Beyond that, the hardware is quite different.

The notebook has not had any problems either (other than previously reported bugs of disabled functions and buttons). It is only this PC, the one I use the most, that I have rolled back to the previous version of MBAM - but that was due mostly to losing access to sites I frequent regularly, as I reported elsewhere.

As far as the comments about beta testing, I note there were many who beta tested MB before it went final and never experienced the recurring real-time protection not running error. That would "suggest" that the program was changed between last beta version and the final release since several of those same beta testers are now experiencing this problem. :(

39 minutes ago, Digerati said:

I note, however that you reported here the uninstaller left dangling mbae64.dll. Your reasoning was that was because a protected app was still open, and I agree - that make sense.

But what I am saying is the MB3 uninstaller should have then prompted for a reboot to release that "hook" and allow the uninstall routing finish cleaning up to ensure no obsolete files and folder are left orphaned. Alternatively (building on your suggestion in that other thread), the uninstaller should warn users that program XYZ is running and to close said app before proceeding, instead of just expecting users do that on our own.

This is exactly what I suggested :) But at least this can be avoided. And I don't consider it a "real issue" since I can reinstall Malwarebytes 3.0 just fine after and/or I know from experience that some programs requires others to be closed to be uninstalled correctly.

28 minutes ago, Aura said:

And I don't consider it a "real issue"

And as I noted in that other thread, leaving remnants behind is "not uncommon" and "a minor issue, for sure". But it is those little things "that detract from an over all good impression".

And when it comes down to it, the folks at Malwarebytes have set themselves up for such critiques by producing exemplary products for so long. It's like hearing about Lexus or Rolls Royce recalls. It is more disappointing than it would with a brand not known for quality products.

31 minutes ago, Porthos said:

It is "supposed to be the same" .

You are right, Porthos. It should just be a name/version number change and that's it. But there are reports in this forum and other forums where trusted beta testers suddenly started experiencing these problems after "upgrading" to the final release. :( The computer didn't change. Neither did the user. That pretty much leaves the program. No doubts some will blame a Windows Update or some other external change, but it would seem odd such an external change would affect Malwarebytes only.

56 minutes ago, Porthos said:

It is "supposed to be the same" .

I beta tested the last version.  When it was released I found no upgrade to the final version - it already was the final version.

A comparison of the file from the Beta thread and the current download also show them to be the same installer.

Edited by John L. Galt

On a second W7 64 computer with very slow start, protection off error, and slow shut down I uninstalled the 3.0 trial version (self protection off) that was installed over 2.x trial.  After uninstalling 3.0 using control panel, deleting the program data directory, a search of the registry included a lot of malwarebytes and mbam references.  So used the mbam-clean 2.3 and there were still a lot of references.  Then installed the 2.2.1.1043.  Still very very slow boot up to not being able to complete boot up..struggling to connect to network was part of the delay along with loading a android/office syncing tsr program. 

The weird thing was 2.2.1.1043 loaded as a tsr even though it was installed un-selecting the free trial.  Suspicion is, something left over from the 3.0 install created the tsr behavior...

Solution was to uninstall 2.2.1.1043 with Revo Uninstaller Pro, allow it to delete found references.  Search for an not find the mbae64.dll (so that was deleted). Looking through the registry there were still a number of references, but appeared to point to deleted files or history (so much for Revo Uninstaller perfections).

Then reboot and all is well....

I will say the history of Malwarebytes has been soooo excellent...till this...I'm sure they will work this out....Hope this helps someone...

PS Also, in my first post above, I probably did not identify all the registry references and may have only searched one leg of the registry but I cannot seem to edit the post......

1 minute ago, floydo said:

On a second W7 64 computer with very slow start, protection off error, and slow shut down I uninstalled the 3.0 trial version (self protection off) that was installed over 2.x trial.  After uninstalling 3.0 using control panel, deleting the program data directory, a search of the registry included a lot of malwarebytes and mbam references.  So used the mbam-clean 2.3 and there were still a lot of references.  Then installed the 2.2.1.1043.  Still very very slow boot up to not being able to complete boot up..struggling to connect to network was part of the delay along with loading a android/office syncing tsr program. 

The weird thing was 2.2.1.1043 loaded as a tsr even though it was installed un-selecting the free trial.  Suspicion is, something left over from the 3.0 install created the tsr behavior...

Solution was to uninstall 2.2.1.1043 with Revo Uninstaller Pro, allow it to delete found references.  Search for an not find the mbae64.dll (so that was deleted). Looking through the registry there were still a number of references, but appeared to point to deleted files or history (so much for Revo Uninstaller perfections).

Then reboot and all is well....

I will say the history of Malwarebytes has been soooo excellent...till this...I'm sure they will work this out....Hope this helps someone...

PS Also, in my first post above, I probably did not identify all the registry references and may have only searched one leg of the registry but I cannot seem to edit the post......

re: editing posts - that comes after a certain number of posts.

I use REgEditX to search the registry myself, so I will perform another uninstall and see what gets left over from that aspect.

6 minutes ago, floydo said:

After uninstalling 3.0 using control panel, deleting the program data directory, a search of the registry included a lot of malwarebytes and mbam references.  So used the mbam-clean 2.3 and there were still a lot of references.  Then installed the 2.2.1.1043.  Still very very slow boot up

Did you by chance check your boot time after running mbam-clean but before installing MBAM 2.2.1.1043? That is, with no Malwarebytes program installed? I note remnants or orphaned entries in the Registry do not mean they are doing anything, or still connected to any resource that may affect boot times or system performance.

• Root Admin

@Digerati

We are discussing it internally but we also don't use the registry for very much like we used to. In general, the uninstaller tool does not care that you've split the install to a different drive. As long as a process is not stopping it or new files have not been added to the folder it will remove them. Basically, if you have a clean installation even on a different drive and you turn off self-protection and uninstall it should remove everything. If you've been doing over the top installs then yes, it's very possible that the uninstaller won't remove old files.

There is no urgent rush to make a tool yet at this time, but we are reviewing input such as this.

Thank you

17 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

We are discussing it internally but we also don't use the registry for very much like we used to. In general, the uninstaller tool does not care that you've split the install to a different drive.

Thanks for that! :) And yeah, I just looked in the Registry on a couple systems here and noticed only a few entries - mostly just pointing to file locations - things that would not matter if left behind.

24 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

If you've been doing over the top installs then yes, it's very possible that the uninstaller won't remove old files.

Hmmm, but doesn't MB3.0 force an uninstall of the previous version before installing itself? Pretty sure it did and in that case, it should know how to stop all processes releasing the various hooks to allow full uninstalls. I agree it is not urgent or even necessarily that important. But over time, it is file and folder remnants that result in drives becoming cluttered. On small drives, in extreme cases where other programs don't clean up fully and compound the problem, it could result in low disk space issues, and fragmentation issues on spinners.

29 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

but we are reviewing input such as this.

Sweet! Thanks for this update.

7 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

please tell me how much Microsoft leaves behind on any type of uninstall :P

I don't know. I rarely ever install any Microsoft product that I later uninstall. I don't uninstall operating systems. Other than that, MS Office and Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center (because I have a MS mouse and keyboard) are the only other Microsoft products I use and once installed, they stay.

But as I noted a couple times already, it is "frustratingly not uncommon" to have remnants left behind. Not just files and folders on the drive, but shortcuts in the Start menu and Registry entries too. I suppose if every program was thorough at cleaning up after itself, programs like CCleaner never would have become as popular as they have.

That said, I have upgraded the operating systems of many many computers to newer versions of Windows and for sure, lots of remnants are left behind. Though I suppose Microsoft would claim that is to accommodate rolling back to a previous version.

36 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Not trying to shrug it off, but as a Tech @Digerati please tell me how much Microsoft leaves behind on any type of uninstall :P

Been doing support now for over 20 years and almost no tool or product is stellar at uninstalls.

Or how much any other program leaves behind, for that matter.  I see minimal residual registry entries after an uninstall, but now that you've made it clear they are not using hte registry as much, it makes sense.

Got a question that is not relevant to this thread, sending you a PM.

Edited by John L. Galt

• Root Admin

Okay, I have not tested this on Windows 10 yet, but for the most part, I would expect very similar behavior. All testing was done on Windows 7 Pro x64 in a VMware host that has never had any MBAM product installed.

STEP 1

Confirmation that MBAM is not found.

SystemLook 30.07.11 by jpshortstuff
Log created at 22:20 on 15/12/2016 by AS
Administrator - Elevation successful

========== filefind ==========

Searching for "*malwarebytes*"
No files found.

========== folderfind ==========

No folders found.

========== regfind ==========

Searching for "malwarebytes"
No data found.

-= EOF =-

STEP 2

Install MBAM 3

Log created at 22:25 on 15/12/2016 by AS

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes.lnk	--a---- 1885 bytes	[06:21 16/12/2016]	[06:21 16/12/2016] A95B48056F01741B20DABF1471DBEF30
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Malwarebytes\Uninstall Malwarebytes.lnk	--a---- 1909 bytes	[06:21 16/12/2016]	[06:21 16/12/2016] 03A567B911D16507496184D757B6B990
C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes.lnk	--a---- 1885 bytes	[06:21 16/12/2016]	[06:21 16/12/2016] A95B48056F01741B20DABF1471DBEF30
C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Malwarebytes\Uninstall Malwarebytes.lnk	--a---- 1909 bytes	[06:21 16/12/2016]	[06:21 16/12/2016] 03A567B911D16507496184D757B6B990
C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Malwarebytes.lnk	--a---- 1867 bytes	[06:21 16/12/2016]	[06:21 16/12/2016] EFBAEB594C304C4F704097C3EEF906ED

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes	d------	[06:21 16/12/2016]
C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes	d------	[06:21 16/12/2016]
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Malwarebytes	d------	[06:21 16/12/2016]
C:\Users\All Users\Malwarebytes	d------	[06:21 16/12/2016]
C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Malwarebytes	d------	[06:21 16/12/2016]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Malwarebytes]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{03141A2A-5C3A-458E-ABEC-0812AD7FF497}\LocalServer32]
@=""C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe""
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{03141A2A-5C3A-458E-ABEC-0812AD7FF497}\LocalServer32]
"ServerExecutable"="C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{11D1E5E8-14E1-4B5B-AE1A-2678CB91E8E5}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{11D1E5E8-14E1-4B5B-AE1A-2678CB91E8E5}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{130CD414-6BFD-4F6C-9362-A2264B222E76}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{130CD414-6BFD-4F6C-9362-A2264B222E76}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{17BE78EE-B40A-4B9E-835F-38EC62F9D479}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{17BE78EE-B40A-4B9E-835F-38EC62F9D479}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{251AD013-20AD-4C3F-8FE2-F66A429B4819}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{251AD013-20AD-4C3F-8FE2-F66A429B4819}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{278637DA-FDFB-45C7-8CD8-F2D8A9199AB0}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{278637DA-FDFB-45C7-8CD8-F2D8A9199AB0}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{36A65E46-6CC1-4CA2-B51E-F4DD8C993DDC}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{36A65E46-6CC1-4CA2-B51E-F4DD8C993DDC}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{376BE474-56D4-4177-BB4E-5610156F36C8}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{376BE474-56D4-4177-BB4E-5610156F36C8}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{57CE581A-0CB6-4266-9CA0-19364C90A0B3}\InprocServer32]
@="C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbshlext.dll"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{580243BF-3CEE-4131-A599-C6FED66BEB1B}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{580243BF-3CEE-4131-A599-C6FED66BEB1B}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{8F1C46F8-E697-4175-B240-CDE682A4BA2D}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{8F1C46F8-E697-4175-B240-CDE682A4BA2D}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{9D372F21-E6DA-4B82-881A-79F6CA6B6AE1}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{9D372F21-E6DA-4B82-881A-79F6CA6B6AE1}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{BF474111-9116-45C6-AF53-209E64F1BB53}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{BF474111-9116-45C6-AF53-209E64F1BB53}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{D5599B6B-FA0C-45B5-8309-853B003EA412}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{D5599B6B-FA0C-45B5-8309-853B003EA412}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{DE03E614-112D-43E0-8E15-E7236CC32108}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{DE03E614-112D-43E0-8E15-E7236CC32108}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{E1AC7139-D1FF-4DE9-84A4-92E2B47F5D2A}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{E1AC7139-D1FF-4DE9-84A4-92E2B47F5D2A}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{EE8A9269-9E6E-4683-BCD3-41E9B16696DC}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{EE8A9269-9E6E-4683-BCD3-41E9B16696DC}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{F36AD0D0-B5F0-4C69-AF08-603D177FEF0E}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{F36AD0D0-B5F0-4C69-AF08-603D177FEF0E}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{F415899A-1576-4C8B-BC9F-4854781F8A20}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{F415899A-1576-4C8B-BC9F-4854781F8A20}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{F6D29500-933C-447C-9D88-9D814AF73808}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{F6D29500-933C-447C-9D88-9D814AF73808}\LocalServer32]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{0E2822AB-0447-4F28-AF4C-FFDB1E8595AE}\1.0\0\win64]
@="C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe\14"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{0E2822AB-0447-4F28-AF4C-FFDB1E8595AE}\1.0\HELPDIR]
@="C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{226C1698-A075-4315-BB5D-9C164A96ACE7}\1.0\0\win64]
@="C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe\6"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{226C1698-A075-4315-BB5D-9C164A96ACE7}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{2446F405-83F0-460F-B837-F04540BB330C}\1.0\0\win64]
@="C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe\12"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{2446F405-83F0-460F-B837-F04540BB330C}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{332AFEBA-9341-4CEC-8EA6-DB155A99DF63}\1.0\0\win64]
@="C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe\7"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{332AFEBA-9341-4CEC-8EA6-DB155A99DF63}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{49F6AC60-2104-42C6-8F71-B3916D5AA732}\1.0\0\win64]
@="C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe\8"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{49F6AC60-2104-42C6-8F71-B3916D5AA732}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{5709DEEB-F05E-4D5C-8DC4-3B0D924EE08F}\1.0\0\win64]
@="C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe\3"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{5709DEEB-F05E-4D5C-8DC4-3B0D924EE08F}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{59DBD1B8-A7BD-4322-998F-41B0D2516FA0}\1.0\0\win64]
@="C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe\13"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{59DBD1B8-A7BD-4322-998F-41B0D2516FA0}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{74630AE8-C170-4A8F-A90A-F42D63EFE1E8}\1.0\0\win64]
@="C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe\11"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{74630AE8-C170-4A8F-A90A-F42D63EFE1E8}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{783B187E-360F-419C-B6DA-592892764A01}\1.0\0\win64]
@="C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{783B187E-360F-419C-B6DA-592892764A01}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{A23C190D-C714-42C7-BDBB-F4E1DE65AF27}\1.0\0\win64]
@="C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe\9"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{A23C190D-C714-42C7-BDBB-F4E1DE65AF27}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{A82129F1-32E1-4D79-A39F-EBFEE53A70BF}\1.0\0\win64]
@="C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe\5"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{A82129F1-32E1-4D79-A39F-EBFEE53A70BF}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{AFF1A83B-6C83-4342-8E68-1648DE06CB65}\1.0\0\win64]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{AFF1A83B-6C83-4342-8E68-1648DE06CB65}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{C731375E-3199-4C88-8326-9F81D3224DAD}\1.0\0\win64]
@="C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe\2"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{C731375E-3199-4C88-8326-9F81D3224DAD}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{F5BCAC7E-75E7-4971-B3F3-B197A510F495}\1.0\0\win64]
@="C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe\4"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{F5BCAC7E-75E7-4971-B3F3-B197A510F495}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{FFB94DF8-FC15-411C-B443-E937085E2AC1}\1.0\0\win64]
@="C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe\10"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{FFB94DF8-FC15-411C-B443-E937085E2AC1}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\TypeLib\{0E2822AB-0447-4F28-AF4C-FFDB1E8595AE}\1.0\0\win64]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\TypeLib\{0E2822AB-0447-4F28-AF4C-FFDB1E8595AE}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\TypeLib\{226C1698-A075-4315-BB5D-9C164A96ACE7}\1.0\0\win64]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\TypeLib\{226C1698-A075-4315-BB5D-9C164A96ACE7}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\TypeLib\{2446F405-83F0-460F-B837-F04540BB330C}\1.0\0\win64]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\TypeLib\{2446F405-83F0-460F-B837-F04540BB330C}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\TypeLib\{332AFEBA-9341-4CEC-8EA6-DB155A99DF63}\1.0\0\win64]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\TypeLib\{332AFEBA-9341-4CEC-8EA6-DB155A99DF63}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\TypeLib\{49F6AC60-2104-42C6-8F71-B3916D5AA732}\1.0\0\win64]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\TypeLib\{49F6AC60-2104-42C6-8F71-B3916D5AA732}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\TypeLib\{5709DEEB-F05E-4D5C-8DC4-3B0D924EE08F}\1.0\0\win64]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\TypeLib\{5709DEEB-F05E-4D5C-8DC4-3B0D924EE08F}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\TypeLib\{59DBD1B8-A7BD-4322-998F-41B0D2516FA0}\1.0\0\win64]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\TypeLib\{59DBD1B8-A7BD-4322-998F-41B0D2516FA0}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\TypeLib\{74630AE8-C170-4A8F-A90A-F42D63EFE1E8}\1.0\0\win64]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\TypeLib\{74630AE8-C170-4A8F-A90A-F42D63EFE1E8}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\TypeLib\{783B187E-360F-419C-B6DA-592892764A01}\1.0\0\win64]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\TypeLib\{783B187E-360F-419C-B6DA-592892764A01}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\TypeLib\{A23C190D-C714-42C7-BDBB-F4E1DE65AF27}\1.0\0\win64]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\TypeLib\{A23C190D-C714-42C7-BDBB-F4E1DE65AF27}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\TypeLib\{A82129F1-32E1-4D79-A39F-EBFEE53A70BF}\1.0\0\win64]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\TypeLib\{A82129F1-32E1-4D79-A39F-EBFEE53A70BF}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\TypeLib\{AFF1A83B-6C83-4342-8E68-1648DE06CB65}\1.0\0\win64]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\TypeLib\{AFF1A83B-6C83-4342-8E68-1648DE06CB65}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\TypeLib\{C731375E-3199-4C88-8326-9F81D3224DAD}\1.0\0\win64]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\TypeLib\{C731375E-3199-4C88-8326-9F81D3224DAD}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\TypeLib\{F5BCAC7E-75E7-4971-B3F3-B197A510F495}\1.0\0\win64]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\TypeLib\{F5BCAC7E-75E7-4971-B3F3-B197A510F495}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\TypeLib\{FFB94DF8-FC15-411C-B443-E937085E2AC1}\1.0\0\win64]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\TypeLib\{FFB94DF8-FC15-411C-B443-E937085E2AC1}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"Malwarebytes TrayApp"="C:\PROGRAM FILES\MALWAREBYTES\ANTI-MALWARE\mbamtray.exe"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{35065F43-4BB2-439A-BFF7-0F1014F2E0CD}_is1]
"Inno Setup: App Path"="C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{35065F43-4BB2-439A-BFF7-0F1014F2E0CD}_is1]
"InstallLocation"="C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\"
"Inno Setup: Icon Group"="Malwarebytes"
"DisplayName"="Malwarebytes version 3.0.4.1269"
"DisplayIcon"="C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbam.exe"
"UninstallString"=""C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\unins000.exe""
"QuietUninstallString"=""C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\unins000.exe" /SILENT"
"Publisher"="Malwarebytes"
"URLInfoAbout"="http://malwarebytes.org"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\TypeLib\{0E2822AB-0447-4F28-AF4C-FFDB1E8595AE}\1.0\0\win64]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\TypeLib\{0E2822AB-0447-4F28-AF4C-FFDB1E8595AE}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\TypeLib\{226C1698-A075-4315-BB5D-9C164A96ACE7}\1.0\0\win64]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\TypeLib\{226C1698-A075-4315-BB5D-9C164A96ACE7}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\TypeLib\{2446F405-83F0-460F-B837-F04540BB330C}\1.0\0\win64]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\TypeLib\{2446F405-83F0-460F-B837-F04540BB330C}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\TypeLib\{332AFEBA-9341-4CEC-8EA6-DB155A99DF63}\1.0\0\win64]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\TypeLib\{332AFEBA-9341-4CEC-8EA6-DB155A99DF63}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\TypeLib\{49F6AC60-2104-42C6-8F71-B3916D5AA732}\1.0\0\win64]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\TypeLib\{49F6AC60-2104-42C6-8F71-B3916D5AA732}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\TypeLib\{5709DEEB-F05E-4D5C-8DC4-3B0D924EE08F}\1.0\0\win64]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\TypeLib\{5709DEEB-F05E-4D5C-8DC4-3B0D924EE08F}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\TypeLib\{59DBD1B8-A7BD-4322-998F-41B0D2516FA0}\1.0\0\win64]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\TypeLib\{59DBD1B8-A7BD-4322-998F-41B0D2516FA0}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\TypeLib\{74630AE8-C170-4A8F-A90A-F42D63EFE1E8}\1.0\0\win64]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\TypeLib\{74630AE8-C170-4A8F-A90A-F42D63EFE1E8}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\TypeLib\{783B187E-360F-419C-B6DA-592892764A01}\1.0\0\win64]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\TypeLib\{783B187E-360F-419C-B6DA-592892764A01}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\TypeLib\{A23C190D-C714-42C7-BDBB-F4E1DE65AF27}\1.0\0\win64]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\TypeLib\{A23C190D-C714-42C7-BDBB-F4E1DE65AF27}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\TypeLib\{A82129F1-32E1-4D79-A39F-EBFEE53A70BF}\1.0\0\win64]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\TypeLib\{A82129F1-32E1-4D79-A39F-EBFEE53A70BF}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\TypeLib\{AFF1A83B-6C83-4342-8E68-1648DE06CB65}\1.0\0\win64]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\TypeLib\{AFF1A83B-6C83-4342-8E68-1648DE06CB65}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\TypeLib\{C731375E-3199-4C88-8326-9F81D3224DAD}\1.0\0\win64]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\TypeLib\{C731375E-3199-4C88-8326-9F81D3224DAD}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\TypeLib\{F5BCAC7E-75E7-4971-B3F3-B197A510F495}\1.0\0\win64]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\TypeLib\{F5BCAC7E-75E7-4971-B3F3-B197A510F495}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\TypeLib\{FFB94DF8-FC15-411C-B443-E937085E2AC1}\1.0\0\win64]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\TypeLib\{FFB94DF8-FC15-411C-B443-E937085E2AC1}\1.0\HELPDIR]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ESPROTECTIONDRIVER\0000]
"DeviceDesc"="Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\ESProtectionDriver]
"DisplayName"="Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\eventlog\Application\MBAMService]
"EventMessageFile"="C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\MBAMChameleon]
"Protected"="C:\PROGRAM FILES\MALWAREBYTES\ANTI-MALWARE"
"ProtectedPaths"="\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\DRIVERS\mbamchameleon.sys \Device\HarddiskVolume2\PROGRAM FILES\MALWAREBYTES\ANTI-MALWARE\ \Device\HarddiskVolume2\PROGRAMDATA\MALWAREBYTES\ \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\MALWAREBYTES\ \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\MBAM.SYS \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\MBAMSWISSARMY.SYS \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\FARFLT.SYS \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\MBAE.SYS \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\MBAE64.SYS \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\MWAC.SYS \Device\HarddiskVolume2\PROGRAM FILES\MALWAREBYTES\ANTI-MALWARE\"
"ProtectedRegistry"="\REGISTRY\MACHINE\SYSTEM\CONTROLSET*\SERVICES\MBAMCHAMELEON\* \Registry\MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\MBAMChameleon\ \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{03141A2A-5C3A-458E-ABEC-0812AD7FF497}\ \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{11D1E5E8-14E1-4B5B-AE1A-2678CB91E8E5}\ \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{130CD414-6BFD-4F6C-9362-A2264B222E76}\ \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{17BE78EE-B40A-4B9E-835F-38EC62F9D479}\ \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{251AD013-20AD-4C3F-8FE2-F66A429B4819}\ \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{278637DA-FDFB-45C7-8CD8-F2D8A9199AB0}\ \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{36A65E46-6CC1-4CA2-B51E-F4DD8C993DDC}\ \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{376BE474-56D4-4177-BB4E-5610156F36C8}\ \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{580243BF-3CEE-4131-A599-C6FED66BEB1B}\ \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{8F1C46F8-E697-4175-B240-CDE682A4BA2D}
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\MBAMService]
"ImagePath"=""C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe""
"DisplayName"="Malwarebytes Service"
"Description"="Malwarebytes Service"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ESPROTECTIONDRIVER\0000]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\services\ESProtectionDriver]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\services\eventlog\Application\MBAMService]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\services\MBAMChameleon]
"ProtectedPaths"="\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\DRIVERS\mbamchameleon.sys \Device\HarddiskVolume2\PROGRAM FILES\MALWAREBYTES\ANTI-MALWARE\ \Device\HarddiskVolume2\PROGRAMDATA\MALWAREBYTES\ \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\MALWAREBYTES\ \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\MBAM.SYS \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\MBAMSWISSARMY.SYS \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\FARFLT.SYS \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\MBAE.SYS \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\MBAE64.SYS \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\MWAC.SYS \Device\HarddiskVolume2\PROGRAM FILES\MALWAREBYTES\ANTI-MALWARE\"
"ProtectedRegistry"="\REGISTRY\MACHINE\SYSTEM\CONTROLSET*\SERVICES\MBAMCHAMELEON\* \Registry\MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\MBAMChameleon\ \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{03141A2A-5C3A-458E-ABEC-0812AD7FF497}\ \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{11D1E5E8-14E1-4B5B-AE1A-2678CB91E8E5}\ \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{130CD414-6BFD-4F6C-9362-A2264B222E76}\ \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{17BE78EE-B40A-4B9E-835F-38EC62F9D479}\ \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{251AD013-20AD-4C3F-8FE2-F66A429B4819}\ \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{278637DA-FDFB-45C7-8CD8-F2D8A9199AB0}\ \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{36A65E46-6CC1-4CA2-B51E-F4DD8C993DDC}\ \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{376BE474-56D4-4177-BB4E-5610156F36C8}\ \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{580243BF-3CEE-4131-A599-C6FED66BEB1B}\ \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{8F1C46F8-E697-4175-B240-CDE682A4BA2D}
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\services\MBAMService]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ESPROTECTIONDRIVER\0000]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ESProtectionDriver]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\eventlog\Application\MBAMService]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\MBAMChameleon]
"ProtectedRegistry"="\REGISTRY\MACHINE\SYSTEM\CONTROLSET*\SERVICES\MBAMCHAMELEON\* \Registry\MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\MBAMChameleon\ \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{03141A2A-5C3A-458E-ABEC-0812AD7FF497}\ \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{11D1E5E8-14E1-4B5B-AE1A-2678CB91E8E5}\ \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{130CD414-6BFD-4F6C-9362-A2264B222E76}\ \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{17BE78EE-B40A-4B9E-835F-38EC62F9D479}\ \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{251AD013-20AD-4C3F-8FE2-F66A429B4819}\ \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{278637DA-FDFB-45C7-8CD8-F2D8A9199AB0}\ \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{36A65E46-6CC1-4CA2-B51E-F4DD8C993DDC}\ \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{376BE474-56D4-4177-BB4E-5610156F36C8}\ \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{580243BF-3CEE-4131-A599-C6FED66BEB1B}\ \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{8F1C46F8-E697-4175-B240-CDE682A4B
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\MBAMService]
[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-623057529-340067119-4106993402-1000\Software\Malwarebytes]

-= EOF =-

STEP 3

Folders with MBAM installation.

C:\PROGRAM FILES\MALWAREBYTES
└───Anti-Malware
    │   7z.dll
    │   Actions.dll
    │   ActionsShim.dll
    │   AEControllerImpl.dll
    │   AeShim.dll
    │   ArwControllerImpl.dll
    │   arwlib.dll
    │   ArwSdkShim.dll
    │   assistant.exe
    │   changes.txt
    │   CleanControllerImpl.dll
    │   CloudControllerImpl.dll
    │   libeay32.dll
    │   LicenseControllerImpl.dll
    │   mbae-api-na.dll
    │   mbae.dll
    │   mbae64.dll
    │   mbam.exe
    │   MBAMCore.dll
    │   MbamPt.exe
    │   MBAMService.exe
    │   MBAMShim.dll
    │   mbamtray.exe
    │   MBAMWsc.exe
    │   mbshlext.dll
    │   msvcp120.dll
    │   msvcr120.dll
    │   MWACControllerImpl.dll
    │   MwacLib.dll
    │   MwacSdkShim.dll
    │   PoliciesControllerImpl.dll
    │   Qt5Core.dll
    │   Qt5Gui.dll
    │   Qt5Network.dll
    │   Qt5Qml.dll
    │   Qt5Quick.dll
    │   Qt5Svg.dll
    │   Qt5Widgets.dll
    │   Qt5WinExtras.dll
    │   rtp.dll
    │   RTPControllerImpl.dll
    │   RtpShim.dll
    │   ScanControllerImpl.dll
    │   SelfProtectionSdk.dll
    │   SelfProtectionShim.dll
    │   ServiceConfig.json
    │   SPControllerImpl.dll
    │   ssleay32.dll
    │   suhlpr.dll
    │   Swissarmy.dll
    │   SwissarmyShim.dll
    │   TelemetryControllerImpl.dll
    │   unins000.dat
    │   unins000.exe
    │   unins000.msg
    │   UpdateControllerImpl.dll
    │   zlib.dll
    │
    ├───iconengines
    │       qsvgicon.dll
    │
    ├───imageformats
    │       qdds.dll
    │       qgif.dll
    │       qicns.dll
    │       qico.dll
    │       qjpeg.dll
    │       qsvg.dll
    │       qtga.dll
    │       qtiff.dll
    │       qwbmp.dll
    │       qwebp.dll
    │
    ├───Languages
    │       lang_bg.qm
    │       lang_cs.qm
    │       lang_da.qm
    │       lang_de.qm
    │       lang_en_GB.qm
    │       lang_en_US.qm
    │       lang_es.qm
    │       lang_fi.qm
    │       lang_fr.qm
    │       lang_hr.qm
    │       lang_hu.qm
    │       lang_it.qm
    │       lang_ja.qm
    │       lang_ko.qm
    │       lang_nl.qm
    │       lang_no.qm
    │       lang_pl.qm
    │       lang_pt_BR.qm
    │       lang_pt_PT.qm
    │       lang_ro.qm
    │       lang_ru.qm
    │       lang_sk.qm
    │       lang_sl.qm
    │       lang_sv.qm
    │       lang_zh_TW.qm
    │
    ├───platforms
    │       qwindows.dll
    │
    ├───Qt
    │   └───labs
    │       ├───folderlistmodel
    │       │       plugins.qmltypes
    │       │       qmldir
    │       │       qmlfolderlistmodelplugin.dll
    │       │
    │       └───settings
    │               plugins.qmltypes
    │               qmldir
    │               qmlsettingsplugin.dll
    │
    ├───QtQml
    │   └───Models.2
    │           modelsplugin.dll
    │           plugins.qmltypes
    │           qmldir
    │
    ├───QtQuick
    │   ├───Controls
    │   │   │   plugins.qmltypes
    │   │   │   qmldir
    │   │   │   qtquickcontrolsplugin.dll
    │   │   │
    │   │   └───Styles
    │   │       │   qmldir
    │   │       │
    │   │       └───Flat
    │   │               qmldir
    │   │               qtquickextrasflatplugin.d
    │   │
    │   ├───Dialogs
    │   │   │   dialogplugin.dll
    │   │   │   plugins.qmltypes
    │   │   │   qmldir
    │   │   │
    │   │   └───Private
    │   │           dialogsprivateplugin.dll
    │   │           plugins.qmltypes
    │   │           qmldir
    │   │
    │   ├───Extras
    │   │       plugins.qmltypes
    │   │       qmldir
    │   │       qtquickextrasplugin.dll
    │   │
    │   ├───Layouts
    │   │       qmldir
    │   │       qquicklayoutsplugin.dll
    │   │
    │   ├───PrivateWidgets
    │   │       qmldir
    │   │       widgetsplugin.dll
    │   │
    │   └───Window.2
    │           plugins.qmltypes
    │           qmldir
    │           windowplugin.dll
    │
    ├───QtQuick.2
    │       plugins.qmltypes
    │       qmldir
    │       qtquick2plugin.dll
    │
    ├───QtWinExtras
    │       JumpListDestination.qml
    │       JumpListLink.qml
    │       JumpListSeparator.qml
    │       plugins.qmltypes
    │       qmldir
    │       qml_winextras.dll
    │
    └───scenegraph
            softwarecontext.dll

C:\PROGRAMDATA\MALWAREBYTES
└───MBAMService
    │   clean.mbdb
    │   dbmanifest.dat
    │   dbupdate.log
    │   dynconfig.dat
    │   exclusions.txt
    │   mbae-default.log
    │   mbae-protector.xpe
    │   mbdigsig.dat
    │   prot.mbdb
    │   rdefs.mbdb
    │   rules.mbdb
    │   scan.mbdb
    │   tids.mbdb
    │   wprot.mbdb
    │
    ├───AeDetections
    ├───ARW
    │       mbarwind-00.arw
    │       mbarwind.arw
    │
    ├───ArwDetections
    ├───config
    │       AeConfig.json
    │       ArwControllerConfig.json
    │       CleanControllerConfig.json
    │       CloudConfig.json
    │       LicenseConfig.json
    │       MwacControllerConfig.json
    │       PoliciesConfig.json
    │       RtpConfig.json
    │       ScanConfig.json
    │       SpConfigFile.json
    │       TelemCtrlConfig.json
    │       UpdateControllerConfig.json
    │
    ├───lkg_db
    │       Actions.dll
    │       clean.mbdb
    │       dbmanifest.dat
    │       dynconfig.dat
    │       exclusions.txt
    │       MBAMCore.dll
    │       mbdigsig.dat
    │       prot.mbdb
    │       rdefs.mbdb
    │       rules.mbdb
    │       scan.mbdb
    │       tids.mbdb
    │       wprot.mbdb
    │
    ├───logs
    │       MBAMSERVICE.LOG
    │
    ├───MwacDetections
    ├───RtpDetections
    └───ScanResults
            189d69be-c358-11e6-b99d-f81654412dea.json

STEP 4

Here are some images from the installation

auto_runs.jpg

mbam_services.jpg

ProgramData_folder.jpg

mbam_about.jpg

STEP 5

Rebooted the computer. Checked for updates and applied in MBAM

Rebooted again

STEP 6

Services now installed from the MBAM 3 installation

SERVICE_NAME: mbamchameleon
        TYPE               : 2  FILE_SYSTEM_DRIVER
        START_TYPE         : 2   AUTO_START
        ERROR_CONTROL      : 1   NORMAL
        BINARY_PATH_NAME   : \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\MBAMChameleon.sys
        LOAD_ORDER_GROUP   : FSFilter Activity Monitor
        TAG                : 3
        DISPLAY_NAME       : MBAMChameleon
        DEPENDENCIES       :
        SERVICE_START_NAME :

SERVICE_NAME: mbamchameleon
        STATE              : 4  RUNNING
                                (STOPPABLE, NOT_PAUSABLE, IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
        WIN32_EXIT_CODE    : 0  (0x0)
        SERVICE_EXIT_CODE  : 0  (0x0)
        CHECKPOINT         : 0x0
        WAIT_HINT          : 0x0
        PID                : 0
        FLAGS              :

SERVICE_NAME: mbamfarflt
        START_TYPE         : 3   DEMAND_START
        BINARY_PATH_NAME   : \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\farflt.sys
        LOAD_ORDER_GROUP   : FSFilter Content Screener
        TAG                : 0
        DISPLAY_NAME       : MBAMFarflt
        DEPENDENCIES       : FltMgr
        SERVICE_START_NAME :

SERVICE_NAME: mbamfarflt
        FLAGS              :

SERVICE_NAME: mbamprotection
        BINARY_PATH_NAME   : \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
        LOAD_ORDER_GROUP   : FSFilter Anti-Virus
        DISPLAY_NAME       : MBAMProtection
        DEPENDENCIES       : FltMgr
        SERVICE_START_NAME :

SERVICE_NAME: mbamprotection
        FLAGS              :

SERVICE_NAME: mbamswissarmy
        BINARY_PATH_NAME   : \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys
        LOAD_ORDER_GROUP   : FSFilter Activity Monitor
        TAG                : 2
        DISPLAY_NAME       : MBAMSwissArmy
        DEPENDENCIES       :
        SERVICE_START_NAME :

SERVICE_NAME: mbamswissarmy
        FLAGS              :

SERVICE_NAME: mbamwebprotection
        BINARY_PATH_NAME   : \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\mwac.sys
        LOAD_ORDER_GROUP   :
        DISPLAY_NAME       : MBAMWebProtection
        DEPENDENCIES       : BFE
        SERVICE_START_NAME :

SERVICE_NAME: mbamwebprotection
        FLAGS              :

STEP 7

Uninstalled MBAM 3 using the link on the Start Menu (same as using Control Panel, Programs, Uninstall)

malwarebytes_uninstall.jpg

STEP 8

Completed the uninstall. It did not ask to reboot, but I did reboot just to make sure.

STEP 9

Rescan for files, folders, and registry

Log created at 23:17 on 15/12/2016 by AS

No files found.

No folders found.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Malwarebytes]
[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-623057529-340067119-4106993402-1000\Software\Malwarebytes]

-= EOF =-

At this time all I can say is that's a pretty darn good uninstall compared to most Windows software out there.

We'll continue to test and review the possible need for a tool as there are other permutations to test but so far it's done quite well with the removal considering it installed a couple other modules like MBAE and MBARW

Good test but I note that only reflects the scenario of a small group of users - that is, first time users of Malwarebytes who never had pervious versions of MBAM/MBAE installed before, and installing MB3.0 in an artificial environment too.

I believe the vast majority (or at least a huge percentage) of MB3 installations are by users upgrading - not first time buyers. A test where MBAM 2.x (and perhaps MBAE too) are already installed and up and running when MB3 is installed would more accurately reflect real world scenarios. A sterile, synthetic, controlled environment of a VM demonstrates how it should work. But that is theory vs real-world and they rarely jive.

One of Windows greatest assets is it is very customizable. :) In fact, of the 1.5 billion Windows systems out there, virtually every single one became unique within minutes of first use as users setup their unique hardware, user profiles, security, networking, favorite programs and more.

One of Windows greatest liabilities is it is very customizable. :( 

The bigger the field of beta testers with MB3.0 installed in normal (not virtual) environments, the better.

I did not conduct such a comprehensive test as Ron did, so for all I know the remnants that were left behind were not from MB3.0, but from a previous version that were not cleared out when 3.0 uninstalled the previous version. I should have been more thorough. :( :blush: 

Further testing is required.

That said, a whole lot of attention (and flared emotions :( ) is being focused on a minor issue that has nothing to do with the functionality of the program - issues that clearly deserve top priorities.

• Root Admin
15 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

We'll continue to test and review the possible need for a tool as there are other permutations to test but so far it's done quite well with the removal considering it installed a couple other modules like MBAE and MBARW

Agreed @Digerati

I just don't have time to do a real, full comprehensive test as I'm going on vacation tomorrow. At some time in the future, I'm sure I'll revisit this. As you say though, there are much more important elements of the program to review or give feedback on if not working properly. 

I would highly suggest creating a NEW topic and not replying to any other topic if you have any issues with Malwarbytes3 so that the team can review and attempt to address it. If you have 3 different items, create 3 different topics so each problem has it's own focus to be addressed. When multiple issues are dumped into the same topic, invariably one or more will lose focus and be dropped or ignored.

Thank you to all for the great input so far. Look forward to making the new Malwarebytes 3 an even better product than it already is.

Ron