[RESOLVED] PM Editor Cache Bug

I  am now seeing a new bug introduced by the latest forum update. 

When I have written a reply to a PM thread and hit "submit reply", the reply is sent.  However when I return to the PM thread and enter the Editor, the last text reply pops up.  That used be IFF I was editing a reply ( or post ) but backed out of it and did not send it.  That data was cached.  However it is now happening even after I actually send the reply.

I was able to recreate this issue. We will report this issue to IPS and will follow up once we have more info from them.

My guess here is that this bug was introduced with the 4.1.17 since it did include changes to this feature:

• Auto-saved content in the editor will now expire after 48 hours
  • If you load an editor that has previous auto-saved content you will now be prompted to keep or remove it

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Hi @David H. Lipman, we've updated the forums to the latest version (you can see the full changelog here: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/187177-forums-update-ips-community-suite-41181/) and I was unable to replicate your PM issue.

Can you test again? If the bug is still there, can you provide me with step-by-step instructions on what you did and a screenshot if possible?

Thanks,
Cecile

• celee changed the title to [RESOLVED] PM Editor Cache Bug
  • 1 month later...

@celee @AlexSmith

I am seeing this bug again, however it was on a reply to a topic in the MBAM General Section I had posted a reply and dcollins had replied... I was going to reply there and when I clicked on the window to reply my last post appeared... (so I had to delete all the contents to add my reply)

last_post.jpg

Edited by Firefox