No More Post Preview or Disable Editor

Since the Post Preview feature is gone, it means that I'll have to go use that feature on another forum to preview my posts here, prior to posting them. Sigh :(

Also Twin, I think you cannot disable the enriched text editor as well. I asked about it and I've been told that IPS4 runs solely on it now.

@alex268 I like to use the post preview without the WYSIWYG editor, since I usually enter my tags/codes manually and I would like to see how they look prior to posting for real.

If I create a list manually, I won't see how it looks like without the post preview.

This  Is An Exemple

While typing the list above, I can't see if it's good or not. It mostly comes from the fact that sometimes, I use lists that have bullet points ending with a closure tag, while sometimes I use lists that don't. If you combine the two together, it messes up the whole post. It's either one or the other.

See? My list didn't even work when I tried to create it manually.

I have split this in to your own topic so we can better track and respond to different issues/feedback. Sorry for the minor moderation mess.

I will get back to you on the lists functionality in just a moment.

Testing Lists.

To access the Advanced Boot Options Menu in Windows 7, perform the following:

1. Power on the PC
  2. Start pressing F8 after POST finishes
    • This does not work on Windows 8.x or Windows 10
  3. The Windows Boot Manager should now show you the Advanced Boot Options Menu.

The above lists including a nested bulleted list was created by using the WYSIWYG I simply created my items, highlighted them, then select the Numbered list option in the toolbar. To make the Nested List, I added that line item and pressed tab to go to the next level then selected Bullet List from the toolbar. As I did these things, I could see the changes in real-time and my final post looked exactly what I saw in the editor.

There's no way I'm going to create my lists that way since they are all premade ones and canneds. You can see for yourself:

https://sites.google.com/site/auracannedspeeches/home

Here's one of my canneds for example that I'll just copy/paste, and we'll see how it'll turn out.

Follow the instructions below please.

lv0mVRW.pngJunkware Removal Tool (JRT)
Download Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) and move it to your Desktop;
Right-click on JRT.exe and select Spcusrh.pngRun as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);
Press on any key to launch the scan and let it complete;
tLsXbWy.png
Credits : BleepingComputer.com
Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;

zcMPezJ.pngAdwCleaner - Fix Mode
Download AdwCleaner and move it to your Desktop;
Right-click on AdwCleaner.exe and select Spcusrh.pngRun as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);
Accept the EULA (I accept), let the database update, then click on Scan;
Let the scan complete. Once it's done, make sure that every item listed in the different tabs is checked and click on the Cleaning button. This will kill all the active processes;
CfdTLN1.png
Once the cleaning process is complete, AdwCleaner will ask to restart your computer, do it;
After the restart, a log will open when logging in. Please copy/paste the content of that log in your next reply;

aOpBoaQ.pngMalwarebytes Anti-Malware - Clean Mode
Download and install the free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Note: It's your choice if you want to enable the free trial of Malwarebytes Premium or not. Enabling it will give you real-time protection from the program, as well as access to all the Premium features.
Note: If you have Malwarebytes already installed, you don't need to install it again. Simply start from the next bullet point;
Once Malwarebytes is installed, launch it and let it update his database. You might have to click on the Update Now button;
Once the database update is complete, click on the Scan tab, then select the Threat Scan button and click on Start Scan;
Let the scan run, the time required to complete the scan depends of your system and computer specs;
Once the scan is complete, make sure that the checkbox by Threat is checked (it means that every item detected is checked), then click on the Remove Selected button;
L9PN4j1.png
Click on Save Results after the deletion (in the bottom-right corner) and select Copy to clipboard. Paste the content in your next reply;

Your next reply(ies) should therefore contain:
Copy/pasted JRT log;
Copy/pasted AdwCleaner clean log;
Copy/pasted Malwarebytes clean log;

And this is an exemple using the Ctrl + Left-click method to paste without keeping the formatting.

Follow the instructions below please.

lv0mVRW.pngJunkware Removal Tool (JRT)

• Download Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) and move it to your Desktop;
  • Right-click on JRT.exe and select Spcusrh.pngRun as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);
  • Press on any key to launch the scan and let it complete; tLsXbWy.pngCredits : BleepingComputer.com
  • Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;

zcMPezJ.pngAdwCleaner - Fix Mode

• Download AdwCleaner and move it to your Desktop;
  • Right-click on AdwCleaner.exe and select Spcusrh.pngRun as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);
  • Accept the EULA (I accept), let the database update, then click on Scan;
  • Let the scan complete. Once it's done, make sure that every item listed in the different tabs is checked and click on the Cleaning button. This will kill all the active processes; CfdTLN1.png
  • Once the cleaning process is complete, AdwCleaner will ask to restart your computer, do it;
  • After the restart, a log will open when logging in. Please copy/paste the content of that log in your next reply;

aOpBoaQ.pngMalwarebytes Anti-Malware - Clean Mode

• Download and install the free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Note: It's your choice if you want to enable the free trial of Malwarebytes Premium or not. Enabling it will give you real-time protection from the program, as well as access to all the Premium features. Note: If you have Malwarebytes already installed, you don't need to install it again. Simply start from the next bullet point;
  • Once Malwarebytes is installed, launch it and let it update his database. You might have to click on the Update Now button;
  • Once the database update is complete, click on the Scan tab, then select the Threat Scan button and click on Start Scan;
  • Let the scan run, the time required to complete the scan depends of your system and computer specs;
  • Once the scan is complete, make sure that the checkbox by Threat is checked (it means that every item detected is checked), then click on the Remove Selected button; L9PN4j1.png
  • Click on Save Results after the deletion (in the bottom-right corner) and select Copy to clipboard. Paste the content in your next reply;

Your next reply(ies) should therefore contain:

• Copy/pasted JRT log;
  • Copy/pasted AdwCleaner clean log;
  • Copy/pasted Malwarebytes clean log;

• Administrators

What if you paste your canned response, tweak it as necessary in the editor, post... edit / post until it's right... then use the copy that works moving forward? I know this would make you have two canned responses - one for all forums and then one for our forums - but it should work.

Thoughts?

I won't have any need to do that if you enable the Source mode in the editor though :P I can give it a try. However, it means that I would have to post my canneds at least once on Malwarebytes, bookmark them, and use them that way so I can copy/paste them. It won't work if I save them on my Google Sites. So that solution (of posting them all once on Malwarebytes forums and bookmarking hundreds of pages) isn't really practical unfortunately.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Aura said:

I won't have any need to do that if you enable the Source mode in the editor though :P I can give it a try. However, it means that I would have to post my canneds at least once on Malwarebytes, bookmark them, and use them that way so I can copy/paste them. It won't work if I save them on my Google Sites. So that solution (of posting them all once on Malwarebytes forums and bookmarking hundreds of pages) isn't really practical unfortunately.

Want to be clear I'm understanding you correctly... you would prefer to copy/paste your canned response, manually edit each time and then post?

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Aura said:

Nope. I would prefer to have the "Source" editor, which allows me to copy/paste my canneds directly in the Reply box, and when posting, everything should come out correctly. This is to be tested though.

Got it. But what if it's still wrong? :) <- joking here

• Root Admin

The issue is that all canned messages are stored in ASCII (normally UBB) but since UBB is no longer fully supported by IPS 4.x then if you go to copy and paste into your Cannery or similar canned message tool it will paste pure ASCII with no formatting. When you go to copy paste it will be ASCII not UBB, not HTML, no images, no formatting,etc. The only way that I currently see around this issue is to post your original UBB code. Then edit it so that it looks correct. Then (using the Source code button, not currently available to you) copy the underlying HTML code. Then paste that into your Cannery or similar canned message tool. True you could not use that for other forums but it should work here on our forum so you'd need to preface it with like MBAM or something so you know the code is just for our site. But from my understanding most of the other forum software out there is very old and has simply not put out a new modernized version in a long time. They too may or may not struggle with trying to keep UBB, only time will tell on that.

So basically, to avoid the issue where IPS4 isn't fully supporting BBCode anymore, we should convert all of our canneds to HTML (which is basically what you'll see if you copy/paste your canned and enable the Source mode of the editor), test them so they work, and then copy/paste them in our canneds library to use them in the future. Is that right?

And I'm sure this is preventing a lot of forums from upgrading to IPS4 from IPS3. What about the posts already made on the forums? Will IPS4 break them since they might be used unsupported BBCode, or will they leave them intact, and it'll only affect new posts made on IPS4?

12 hours ago, Aura said:

So basically, to avoid the issue where IPS4 isn't fully supporting BBCode anymore, we should convert all of our canneds to HTML (which is basically what you'll see if you copy/paste your canned and enable the Source mode of the editor), test them so they work, and then copy/paste them in our canneds library to use them in the future. Is that right?

And I'm sure this is preventing a lot of forums from upgrading to IPS4 from IPS3. What about the posts already made on the forums? Will IPS4 break them since they might be used unsupported BBCode, or will they leave them intact, and it'll only affect new posts made on IPS4?

No. BBCode tags are automatically converted when you post. BBCode is also deprecated from what I've heard/read.

• Root Admin

Nope, tried the HTML source and copy/paste does not convert html. So looks like we're sort of stuck with what it is until IPS decides to update/fix it

Much of the UBB code does work but not all of it. Though to be honest I'm sure HTML 5 fully supports anything and everything that UBB has or had and just needs the right coding to fully support it.