Insane MBAM deal on Newegg

screen317

i read some of the reviews ... the "three egg" ratings contain some erroneous information :

"A little too much on the simple side (Could be a pro). Think of AVs during the late 90's."

"To be honest, you really don't need the life-time license. The free one works just as well. The only difference is that the free one is not a background scanner and does not offer scheduled scans. That's the only difference you're getting. It does work great, but there are quite a few cons that go with it"

hmmm ... no mention of "help desk" and tech support with the paid version .

"it is a great program, but don't buy into the hype of it. The more expensive and reliable your AV claims the more problems you will encounter. Sometimes it will hold on quarantine items while the other is trying to remove it. Ironically, it works best with your Free ones."

evidently this guy has never heard of an "exclusions list" .

the list goes on ...

i have not looked at the "four egg" ratings .

it might be a good idea to flag the newegg sales department and make them aware of the particulars .

"To be honest, you really don't need the life-time license. The free one works just as well. The only difference is that the free one is not a background scanner and does not offer scheduled scans. That's the only difference you're getting. It does work great, but there are quite a few cons that go with it"

hmmm ... no mention of "help desk" and tech support with the paid version .

No mention of website blocking either, nor incremental updates, nor scheduled/automatic updates, nor Flash scans, nor all the additional CLI options in the PRO version :P.

"it is a great program, but don't buy into the hype of it. The more expensive and reliable your AV claims the more problems you will encounter. Sometimes it will hold on quarantine items while the other is trying to remove it. Ironically, it works best with your Free ones."

evidently this guy has never heard of an "exclusions list" .

Nor does he understand that MBAM is not an on-access scanner in realtime (unlike his AV), meaning such a 'hold on quarantine items' is virtually impossible (so much so that in all my years using MBAM and supporting it and hearing feedback that I've never once seen or heard of it happening, ever.

I'm somewhat confused by the specific product descriptions between what's being sold by Newegg and on the Malwarebytes website.

Newegg has "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Lifetime"

Malwarebytes website has: "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO"

1. What's the difference? Are the the same thing? Is "PRO" just a name update for the "Lifetime" product and when I update the program I installed from the physical media delivered by Newegg will it become "PRO"?
  2. How many computers can I install it on? There's nothing on either site that mentions this.

Thanks...

striderx

I'm somewhat confused by the specific product descriptions between what's being sold by Newegg and on the Malwarebytes website.

Newegg has "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Lifetime"

Malwarebytes website has: "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO"

1. What's the difference? Are the the same thing? Is "PRO" just a name update for the "Lifetime" product and when I update the program I installed from the physical media delivered by Newegg will it become "PRO"?
  2. How many computers can I install it on? There's nothing on either site that mentions this.

Thanks...

striderx

They're both identical and are good for life for a single PC. More info can be found here.