The start of Soylent Green

sho-dan

Warning: Dont read this while eating, this could be a norm one day.;)

Mitsuyuki Ikeda, a researcher from the Environmental Assessment Center in Okayama has developed a new artificial meat burger but before you go drooling over it, be warned - it's made of human poop.

Poop burger developed in JapanIkeda has gathered sewage mud (which contains poop) and has developed the artificial meat by adding poop extracts, soy protein and steak sauce essence. Artificial food coloring to added to it to give it the same look as red meat. It is composed of 63 percent protein, 25 percent carbohydrates, 3 percent lipids and 9 percent minerals

sanfrancisco.ibtimes

If you never seen the movie Soylent Green, give this a read and a hard look at the last sentence at the bottom of page. Its coming true.eh.:P

http://en.wikipedia....i/Soylent_Green

Currently, the poop meat cost 10-20 times more than normal meat because of the cost of research but ultimately Ikeda plans to bring the price down so that people can switch to poop meat one day.

I am NOT SWITCHING to this, sorry! ha! Give me a good soy burger.. just as healthy and NOT made of POOP.

My favorite burger is a Chicken Burger though... yum! :D

I wouldn't eat that if it was the last food on earth. If I wanted to die through multiple diseases then I guess. :huh::blink: Disgusting. Some people.......

I'm pretty sure they're sterilizing the poo during the process, otherwise it wouldn't be edible. That being said, I still can't see my self eating a poo sandwich (although that reminds me of a certain South Park episode :P).

I'm pretty sure they're sterilizing the poo during the process, otherwise it wouldn't be edible. That being said, I still can't see my self eating a poo sandwich (although that reminds me of a certain South Park episode :P).

Probably. Still that sounds pretty nasty. Hahah I think I know which one. ;) Gross. :lol:

Actually, it's made from seaweed/plankton (and yes, that's a real product pictured above).

I realized that after I posted :P Thank goodness its not from poo!

@Screen317

I still wouldn't want to eat it though... makes my stomach turn just thinking about it.

Edited by mountaintree16