great news!

byte_king

So,

Several months ago I was run over by a minivan with a driver on his cell phone. It was an accident that was pointless and is just another example never to drive while using your cell phone. I sustained a tibia plateau injury. For any of you other health care workers out there, you know that knee injuries can be a serious pain in the rear end to recuperate from. Well, I am now walking and even though I may not be 100% yet, I am certainly getting leg strength back.

Thanks MalwareBytes and the awesome community here. While I was holed up in the hospital or at home bored I would often visit these forums and read the amusing, edifying, and just plain quirky threads here. Even though I don't normally post things here myself, I do enjoy reading up on technology and learning new things about my computer and such.

You guys have become almost like a "virtual" family here....or, at the least, a cool group of virtual friends.

Seriously, I cant tell you how many times I was bored and coming here would help kill an hour. :P

byte_king,

I am so happy to hear that you are recovering well and that you are able to start walking again!!! :P May you continue to heal and I hope you're able to get back to where you were or nearly there prior to the accident.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and hopefully we'll see another post from you in the near future that you are doing even better! :lol:

It really infuriates me that people have such a disregard to safety, other peoples lives, and their own lives because apparently something is so much more important than giving driving their full attention. My opinion on the matter is, unless you have to make a quick call for an emergency (and even then try to pull over or something and don't talk longer than you have to), put the phone away, put the newspaper away, put the laptop away, whatever it is that could distract you. Just put it out of reach and give driving your full attention! Nothing is so important that one should be risking the lives of others and their own. If you feel like you must, pull over!! It's not that hard. Or don't do it if you can't be bothered to pull over.

byte_king,

I am so happy to hear that you are recovering well and that you are able to start walking again!!! :P May you continue to heal and I hope you're able to get back to where you were or nearly there prior to the accident.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and hopefully we'll see another post from you in the near future that you are doing even better! :P

It really infuriates me that people have such a disregard to safety, other peoples lives, and their own lives because apparently something is so much more important than giving driving their full attention. My opinion on the matter is, unless you have to make a quick call for an emergency (and even then try to pull over or something and don't talk longer than you have to), put the phone away, put the newspaper away, put the laptop away, whatever it is that could distract you. Just put it out of reach and give driving your full attention! Nothing is so important that one should be risking the lives of others and their own. If you feel like you must, pull over!! It's not that hard. Or don't do it if you can't be bothered to pull over.

Words of wisdom mountaintree, words of wisdom.

Thanks everyone! :P