Making Windows 7 Faster

ShyWriter

Making Windows 7 Faster

Most folks find that Windows 7 runs considerably faster than Vista, but with any operating, there are tweaks you can perform and routine tasks you should do to keep your system running as fast as possible. Brand new computers from OEMs are often loaded up with "crapware" that bog everything down, and computers you've been using for a while sometimes accumulate unneeded programs and files that can slow them down.

This article offers some tips on how to speed up your Windows 7 computer:

win7news.net/QPKA3C/101014-Make-Windows-7-Faster

You may have to provide an IP exclusion in MBAM.

~Shy

Edited by AdvancedSetup
url hyper link removed due to suggested that we may be blocking site

I run Ccleaner 1st and check Disk Cleanup (just for the H**L) of it and always find something like 80,000kb of temp. Internet files? and thats after I delete whats saved in the browser also?

I've found something like that too. Not sure what it was, but it had quite a bit of space. :welcome:

Yeh I got an IP block.

Your link redirects to: http://notebooks.com/2010/10/13/how-to-make-your-windows-7-system-even-faster/

When I was trying to re-load it to see if the IP block stayed or if part of it loaded, I was prompted to download a file whilst in Opera (via the link that I posted)?? I hit cancel... don't think anything downloaded. Weird...

yardbird :

"I run Ccleaner 1st and check Disk Cleanup (just for the H**L) of it and always find something like 80,000kb of temp. Internet files? and thats after I delete whats saved in the browser also? "

in ccleaner , under the advanced settings , there is an option to delete/not delete "temporary internet files older than 24 hours" .

this may be the reason for the discrepancy .

Well unless you go manually turn off disk defragmenter it runs for you automatically on Win7

That's one of the reasons I like Win7.

I also like reading The Windows Club tips:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/category/windows