Real Time Protection

Just to add onto the information that noknojon gave you,

Malwarebytes is designed to work alongside a good antivirus program.

While nothing catches 100% of infections 100% of the time, using Malwarebytes in real-time along with a good anti-virus program will significantly reduce your risk of getting hit by a nasty.

Malwarebytes is excellent at stopping rogue antivirus/rogue antispyware programs from getting in, yes.

As a side note, when replying, please use the "ADD REPLY" t_reply.gif button located at the bottom of the page.

Thx very much for your replies--very helpful--think it might be wroth it to upgrade.

a couple more questions if I may;

When it runs in the background---could it conflict with any know programs such as NAV?

Is there a version that will run prior to windows boot in case one is locked out of safe mode?

Thx very much and peace

Not to specifically contradict a Forum Diety ;) but the citations for 1.46 are actually from 1.45...

Version 1.45 (March 29th, 2010)

Added new scheduling engine

It should be noted that after three months, some paying customers are still waiting on some kind of status report as to the progress/release of Shuriken functionality. In fact, postings in other forums and reviewer's content suggest the belief it's an actual feature based on the availability of the selectable "Enable advanced heuristics engine" item in Scanner Settings.

I could stand to be corrected, though, if I missed the announcement of the Shuriken roll-out in the Malwarebytes News Forum or in the Update Latest News section of my MBAM Pro UI. Yes? No?

Thank you for fully reading (or scanning) the item -

I have taken most of his from a V1.45 item that (I think) contains all of the functions now in V1.46 - The item is only general in the describing of the program and was the quickest item I found to add to the question , as most people only want One response that covers All the items - (Very hard to do) -

As the program still includes items from the early days it is the 'newest and most responsive' items people like to know about -

Also please read the item (and diagram) from Firefox -

Regards -

EDIT -

Below was the testing (in April , now included) that you refer to - (From the Boss)

Apr 10 2010, 11:03 AM Post #1

Marcin

Group: Root Admin

Member No.: 1

As mentioned in the e-mail, if you receive any Heuristics.Shuriken detections, please create a post with the following information.

1. A Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware scan log.

2. A zipped copy of the files in question.

It is recommended that you do NOT delete any objects without first verifying that they are indeed malicious.

Thank you all!

With full deference :D to both of your "Forum Deity" status' and high post counts, your reading comprehension skills and knowledge base beyond mere fundamentals are clearly deficient. Kudos on the copy/paste and screen cap expertise, tho. Not even the red text made it through. I mention "...selectable "Enable advanced heuristics engine" item in Scanner Settings" and a response is a screen shot of same. The April 10 quote has no relevance whatsoever to this thread.

Permit me to update you under-informed gents on the status, or rather non-status, of Shuriken. From the boss, May 29:

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.ph...mp;postcount=30

Just wanted to clear a few things up. It is correct that the setting for Shuriken has been included since version 1.46, but it will not actually do anything until we activate it in the database updates. We want to limit false positives when we do release so that is why we have been taking our time and doing it right! Shuriken will be a multi-purpose heuristics module that, in the beginning, will only add a slight improvement to our detection rates. As time passes, we hope to make it very powerful.

Marcin Kleczynski

Malwarebytes President and CEO

Interesting that one needs to get this info from another forum. But over here is the same info from a staffer:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...st&p=257635

Shuriken has not yet been integrated as it is still in limited testing. I'm sure that once it comes out of testing and gets integrated there will be an official announcement from the developers.

It sure would be nice to have some kind of response from Malwarebytes as to a target date for the implementation of Shuriken other than "it'll be ready when it's ready" rather than misinformation from the "Forum Deity" gallery.

Thank you and Cheers!

@ spotthedalmatian,

By NAV, do you mean Norton AntiVirus?

:D

They shouldn't conflict, but it is highly recommended to add exclusions to your AV for Mbam so that conflicts do not occur. Some products definitely should have exclusions added so that conflicts do not occur.

"Is there a version that will run prior to windows boot in case one is locked out of safe mode?"

At present, no, there is not, if you mean Malwarebytes.

• Root Admin

@dallas7

Thank you for your interest however you already have the Official response on it. Just as most other software companies rarely set a given date for new features we don't either. It will be ready once all coding and testing is completed and there is no set date at this time.

In most of your posts you seem a bit tense and frustrated - please do not take out your frustration on other members here though. As a paying customer you're more than welcome to send email to support to seek answers to your questions.

Thank you.

Just wanted to clear a few things up. It is correct that the setting for Shuriken has been included since version 1.46, but it will not actually do anything until we activate it in the database updates. We want to limit false positives when we do release so that is why we have been taking our time and doing it right! Shuriken will be a multi-purpose heuristics module that, in the beginning, will only add a slight improvement to our detection rates. As time passes, we hope to make it very powerful.

Marcin Kleczynski

Malwarebytes President and CEO