Needing Anti-Virus Program, Compatable with Malwarebytes

Hmm.

Well, please be patient and wait a few days and someone should reply to your post. I'll keep an eye on your post too and if it does get lost in all the requests for help, I'll let someone know about it.

Please don't keep posting in this thread about this though, as this isn't really the place to be requesting for malware removal help. It's fine initially like you did, and then you get directed to the Malware removal forum by someone like I did :) But you really should stop posting in this thread about this as the ONLY place malware removal is actually worked on is in the Malware removal forum.

Thank you :)

nottootechy,

You need to be patient and wait for someone to reply :)

It is often very busy in the malware removal forum, sometimes a reply can take up to 5 days or so to get if there are many, many requests for help.

You will be replied to! It just takes a couple of days or more sometimes.

Well I looked through that forum, and I saw where some folks were never helped.

Just my 2 cents, I think there needs to be a priority for paying customers.

Maybe that is something that should be considered.

I recently bought "Carbonite" backup, and I have a phone number where I can speak to a person live. And get all the help I need.

With Malwarebytes, I have only email help, and they referred me to this board.

I have seen a few that were never helped on the board also, but perhaps they were helped via email. I don't know.

I am not sure why you were referred to the board when you emailed for help. I am not on staff so I have no idea.

Wait another day or two and see if you get a reply in the Malware Removal Forum and if not, try support@malwarebytes.org again and include your order number as well in the email, including in the subject line.

Please don't keep posting in this thread about this though, as this isn't really the place to be requesting for malware removal help. It's fine initially like you did, and then you get directed to the Malware removal forum by someone like I did :) But you really should stop posting in this thread about this as the ONLY place malware removal is actually worked on is in the Malware removal forum.

Excuse me?? I'm not allowed to post in my own thread??

I am regreting I ever bought this program! I will seek help elsewhere. What a waste of money!

I have seen a few that were never helped on the board also, but perhaps they were helped via email. I don't know.

I am not sure why you were referred to the board when you emailed for help. I am not on staff so I have no idea.

Wait another day or two and see if you get a reply in the Malware Removal Forum and if not, try support@malwarebytes.org again and include your order number as well in the email, including in the subject line.

Here is what they said to me:

See-Kit Lam, Mar 29 16:57 (PDT):

Judy:

You don't have to disable IP protection.

To access a site that is currently blocked that you wish to view, you may add it to the IP Protection ignore list(v1.42 required) as described below:

Navigate to the page, right-click the Malwarebytes system tray icon(near clock) and select an IP or all IPs listed and they will now be added to the ignore option and listed in the 'Ignore' tab. You may need to refresh the page to access the site.

To remove IPs from ignore, open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and once open, there will be a series of tabs, labeled in order:

Scanner | Protection | Update | Quarantine | Logs | Ignore list | Settings | More Tools | About

Click the 'Ignore' tab. Then highlight an IP listed and then click the 'Remove' button. The IP in question should now be viewable. You may need to refresh the page.

If you feel an IP is incorrectly categorized as malicious, then you must post in our False Positives forum to get any information as to why it is blocked and how it can be removed. Helpdesk cannot assist with any of that:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showforum=42

Well, the correct place to report IP's IS in the FP forum. :)

To get assistance with the actual program and/or malware removal program, support@malwarebytes.org is the correct address to contact :)

Are you getting frequent IP blocks? Or was it only when accessing a certain site?

Please give me the IP address that was being blocked and I'll pass it along :)

If Malwarebytes wishes to cater to paying customers, then they need to improve their way of dealing with paying customers. This website, which requests paying customers wait for days on end for assistance, is not conducive to good business. And when a paying customer is reprimanded for what they choose to post in a thread, it speaks volumes as to the service here. Like I said, I will find help elsewhere.

Excuse me?? I'm not allowed to post in my own thread??

Please try to bear with me as I explain this misunderstanding.

What our volunteer was trying to say was that there is a place for everything on this forum. There are various subforums here devoted to specific topics, and getting help with malware removal is confined to a specific subform. You'll find that subforum in the forum index in the "Computer Help" section, and it is called "Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs". Due to the strict nature with which such a malware removal section must be run (refer to these instructions and these rules on who is allowed to reply to what for more information), we do not allow log analysis and malware removal to be done in the "General Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Forum".

I am regreting I ever bought this program! I will seek help elsewhere. What a waste of money!

Please note that you can click on my screen name, click to send me a message in the menu that pops up, and ask me for assistance if needed. I cannot always respond immediately, but I will do my best to assist you. :)

If you feel an IP is incorrectly categorized as malicious, then you must post in our False Positives forum to get any information as to why it is blocked and how it can be removed. Helpdesk cannot assist with any of that:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showforum=42

This may seem a bit strange, but in reality you will get faster and better help when reporting false positives via the forum. That is obviously not true about everything, because our helpdesk personnel can often give better info faster than you can get it on the forums (depending on work load and who is helping you on the forums).

It is important to note, especially, that while our research team keeps tabs on the false positives forum to make sure that those get taken care of quickly, much of our support team does not monitor the forums (due to volume on the helpdesk) and the majority of the help on the forums is given by volunteers. Ron (known as 'AdvancedSetup' on the forums) is the biggest exception, as he spends a lot of time helping people on the forums. Please take note of the graphic and information that follow my post, as that is how you tell who is and who is not an employee of the company. :)

NotTooTechy: I am also a paying MBAM customer and have been for a year. In that span, I have had malware issues, have sought assistance (by e-mail), and have received quality assistance from HelpDesk staff. MountainTree is not reprimanding you. You are mistaking guidance (and good guidance) for reproach. This is an issue of proper forum protocol. I am a new member to the MBAM forums, but during my short time here, I've quickly and clearly learn the proper places to posts threads about malware removal, false positives, etc. Many of the veteran and expert members (MountainTree, etc.) routinely and consistently guide the more unfamiliar user to the proper place to report and discuss their issue. The intent is to assure that the user receives the help they need, as quickly as reasonably and realistically possible (even if the wait can turn into days). There are a lot of people (paying customers included -- I'm one myself) having issues, and there are only so many people (staff and volunteeers) available to help at any given time. Remember the help on the forums is FREE. This is a community of users, all with a shared interest in combatting malware. Also, in my short time here, I have been nothing but impressed by the quality of guidance and instructions offered, and the consisitency of that guidance (e.g., to help yourself get help, post malware removal threads in the malware-removal forum). Also know that most of the forum members are not Malwarebytes employees. They are volunteers, freely giving of their time and expertise. That's what make this board so good. So please moderate your tone. It is clearly overdone and unnecessary. Good day to you and the rest of the Malwarebytes community. Ron

Please try to bear with me as I explain this misunderstanding.

(snip).....we do not allow log analysis and malware removal to be done in the "General Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Forum".

I did NOT ask for log analysis, I clearly said that I was posting the log for this reason:

"The following is ONLY made for my own reference. A place holder, if you will."

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...st&p=241144

I posted the disclaimer BEFORE I posted the log, just to let folks know that I was NOT asking for log analysis. And then I get 3 members accusing me of asking for assistance in this thread, when I have NOT done that.

(The reason I posted the log was for my OWN future reference, because I was afraid I would lose it, because I am still learning the Avira program, and I wasn't sure if I could go back and find it IF someone asked me for it later on in the other forum.)

I did NOT ask for log analysis, I clearly said that I was posting the log for this reason:

"The following is ONLY made for my own reference. A place holder, if you will."

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...st&p=241144

I posted the disclaimer BEFORE I posted the log, just to let folks know that I was NOT asking for log analysis. And then I get 3 members accusing me of asking for assistance in this thread, when I have NOT done that.

(The reason I posted the log was for my OWN future reference, because I was afraid I would lose it, because I am still learning the Avira program, and I wasn't sure if I could go back and find it IF someone asked me for it later on in the other forum.)

The reason why people acted the way they did is because we have a no-log policy in the General forum.

However, in this particular case, I think we can make an exception to that rule. :)

The reason why people acted the way they did is because we have a no-log policy in the General forum.

However, in this particular case, I think we can make an exception to that rule. :)

Oh, I didn't know that, so sorry. :) I actually tried to delete the log, but I couldn't find an edit button. Are we not allowed to edit our posts? BTW, I meant to tell, you, thanks so much for your offer to help me. I appreciate it very much.

Once you reach 50 posts you can edit your posts. We had to implement this limit due to some users removing data from posts they should not have and making the reply invalid.

Would it be possible to update the help section to avoid confusion? This is what we have, but I think it could be updated. :) The last line(in red) could be changed as I see it can get confusing.

Editing Posts

Above any posts that you have made, you may see an 'Edit' button. Pressing this will allow you to edit the post that you had previously made.

When editing you may see an option to 'Add the 'Edit by' line in this post?'. If you tick this then it will show up in the posts that it has been edited and the time at which it was edited. If this option does not appear, then the edit by line will always be added to the post.

If you are unable to see the edit button displayed on each post that you have made, then the administrator may have prevented you from editing posts, or the time limit for editing may have expired.

Hi All -

If you note there is about 4 or 5 users posting in this thread - Many will have different Operating Sysyems (XP Vista Win7) and a variety of antivirus programs or none at all - If each poster had their own topic and included these items in their posts then it would be easier to deal with your problems one at a time and respond to each one individually - A mixed thread may seem similar to each of you, but they are individual problems -

Please always include your Operating System (XP Vista or Win 7) and the Antivirus and any Firewalls installed -

Thank You - :)

Once you reach 50 posts you can edit your posts. We had to implement this limit due to some users removing data from posts they should not have and making the reply invalid.

That makes sense, thanks. Maybe a mod can edit it for me?

I've since discovered that Avira has ready access to their logs. They call them "reports", and all I need to do is click on reports and there they are.

(Earlier in this thread, someone agreed with me that Avira doesn't create logs, which is not true. Avira DOES create logs, but they call them reports.)