Needing Anti-Virus Program, Compatable with Malwarebytes

Hi everyone, my first post. I bought the Malwarebytes program, and I love it, but I am still having problems. As my name says, I am not too techy. Make that zero techy. I need an anti-virus program that is completely compatable with Malwarebytes, where I don't have to do anything except download it and install it and use it.

Thanks for help! I think I have a virus. :)

Hello nottootechy, and welcome to the forums here at Malwarebytes.org :)

You're in luck! Avira antivirus is perfectly compatible with Malwarebytes and does not need any exclusions entered for Malwarebytes.

You may download Avira here. << Just click there.

After you do that, please do run a scan.

After that, please follow the directions below so that one of our experts may assist you in getting your system cleaned:

Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

Please note that it may take 48 hours or more for you to receive a response in the malware removal forum, as it is often busy at times. Please do not reply to your own post asking for help unless its been more than 48 hours since you originally posted, as this can make it appear as though you are being helped and take longer for you to get help.

If you are unable to do all or any of the steps in the link to the directions above, just post your problem into the forum I gave you a link to anyway and someone will be able to assist you.

Also, when replying, please use the "ADD REPLY" button located at the bottom of the page, as this makes the forum easier to read.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Thank you :)

Hi nottootechy and welcome to malwarebytes. :)

Also not to discourage you or anything, but avira has a slight disadvantage that steers some people away. That unfortunately happens to be an advertisement that occurs during an update once a day. Otherwise avira does a great job in protection. I use it myself and love it. :)

Edit: In addition to what mountaintree16 said if you have issue with malwarebytes' Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Thanks mountaintree and Buttons.:)

Yes, that ad popped up before the install was done, lol! But I closed it out, no biggy.

I'm a bit dissappointed that the Avira didn't generate a log file like the MBAM does. However, it DID find 4 trojan type infections. So I am very glad for that. I put them in the quarantine. I haven't done anything else, because it's late here and I'm exhausted. I will try to tackle this again tomorrow.

It might be my imagination, but my computer seems to be running better already. It's much quieter.

And I feel safer, just knowing I have some protection. I will write more tomorrow.

Thanks so much for help! :)

I really don't understand the issue with the ad. It's one ad and it's once a day! Given what you get for your one ad - a very reputable and very effective AV for FREE then really, what's one little ad that can be closed in less than one second?!

I guess it's each to their own though.

You are very welcome nottootechy!! :)

Yeah, it is kinda annoying that Avira doesn't generate a log file but there is a history that it keeps. I think its only for a month though, although I could be wrong. Take screen shots if you'd like, that's what I do if a result is ever found.

Quick question, did you just leave all the settings to default on Avira? And did you have an antivirus prior to installing Avira?

I'm glad that things seem to be better now. Go rest, and continue tomorrow :)

Again, you are so very welcome!! Glad to be of help. :)

I prefer avast! V5 that only has a small pop up in the lower right indicating a definition update that disapears automatically and it has excellent logs of what it does.

Choosing an anti virus application that works best for you and your family or friends without lengthy explanations is the way to go.

If you have some extra bucks ready to use, I would sugget you get Eset Smart Security or Eset Nod32. The difference is that Eset Smart Security has an inbuilt firewall, Eset Nod32 is just an antivirus suite. Eset Smart Security/Nod32 4.2 works perfect with Malwarebytes. I haven't had any problems with it. Eset has an incredible detection rate, and on testes, made by VBulletin(world famous software testers), Eset has won 61 VBulletin awards, more than any other competitor, which shows their great detection rate, their easy-to-use ability, and their 0 false-positive pop-up! I'm sorry if I'm advertising for Eset, but I just love them as much as I love you guys. Both Eset and Malwarebytes has saved my virtual machine all the time when I tested.

You're in luck! Avira antivirus is perfectly compatible with Malwarebytes and does not need any exclusions entered for Malwarebytes.

I beg to differ, at least with 1.45.

Real-time protection doesn't work well with AVAST Premium, AVAST 5 Free and VIPRE 4 here.

As soon as I turn-on MBAM's real-time protection, its CPU usage peaks with anything I do.

Regards,

Fran

Quick question, did you just leave all the settings to default on Avira? And did you have an antivirus prior to installing Avira?

Yes, I haven't done a thing with Avira, except to install it and do a complete scan. All settings are whatever the default is.

The anti-virus I had before was AVG. I hadn't used it in over a year, no updates or anything, because it sucked up all of my resources. I deleted it before I installed the Malwarebytes.

I need a program to get rid of spyware. I know I have about 300 spyware because I did a scan at pcpitstop a while back. What is the best spyware program to run with Malwarebytes?

My computer is still not running good. Maybe it is because of all the spyware. :)

Did you uninstall AVG prior to installing Avira? :) Looks like you did since you said that you deleted it before you installed Malwarebytes.

Well, actually, Malwarebytes takes care of spyware :)

Take a look back at my first post, and read starting from this:

After that, please follow the directions below so that one of our experts may assist you in getting your system cleaned:

:)

Did you uninstall AVG prior to installing Avira? :) Looks like you did since you said that you deleted it before you installed Malwarebytes.

Well, actually, Malwarebytes takes care of spyware :)

Take a look back at my first post, and read starting from this:

:)

hmmm, okay. Thanks for help!:)

nottootechy,

That's good :) It's okay, they'll be able to explain things so that you'll be able to understand. Just explain, once someone replies to your post (not before someone replies) that you are a very basic user and you need detailed explanations and it shouldn't be a problem.

If you really feel that you can't do it after a several posts with whomever is going to be your helper, just let them know that and take it to a shop if you are unable to follow.

If it seems as though you can do it though, I recommend that, as the help here is free, and you learn along the way too :)

nottootechy,

You need to be patient and wait for someone to reply :)

It is often very busy in the malware removal forum, sometimes a reply can take up to 5 days or so to get if there are many, many requests for help.

You will be replied to! It just takes a couple of days or more sometimes.

Thank you :)