Vista, uninstalled malwarebytes

I pinged our lead programmer to see if there is a bug .

Long before I got to the point where "I knew what I was doing" I would use the old standby of reinstall/uninstall in these situations , might just work while we check this out .

Hello kbz1960,

Hmm Im not sure what you mean by "when I right click on items".

Reinstall Mbam and if you are running the paid version right click on the icon in your systray and select Exit.

This shuts down the mbam driver and then you can go to Add and Remove Programs to uninstall.

If you are not running the Paid version you should be able to reinstall Mbam and then go to Add and Remove Programs to uninstall.

That should do the trick.

Its the context menu addon , seems the uninstaller missed this part .

Marcin has been told and a new version of MBAM will be relased within a few days , the fix should be in by then .

Ill aks him to pop in and give you a fix before then .

Thanks but not sure exactly which one I'm looking for.

Look for one called MalwareBytes or Scan or MBAM. You'll know it when you see it.

For example, the one I found was called HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MBAMExt.MBAMShlExt and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MBAMExt.MBAMShlExt.1

Nope, not it. Sorry.

If anyone is interested what I did was follow PRM753 suggestion and clicked on here looked in the registry keys and what I deleted was anything I found that was listed as MBAM etc. can't exactly remember the whole line but stated out with MBAM and rebooted and the pinned option to scan with was gone.

Marcin's been a bit scarce today. He's not even answering IMs at the moment.

Usually he's next to impossible to get ahold of anyways... but I think I know one reason why he's been scarce and why development on MBAM has slowed down... :angry:

Usually he's next to impossible to get ahold of anyways...

I can usually talk to him on MSN in the evenings, but the other day he never responded. That's abnormal, especially since it was about an x64 removal log I was wondering if he wanted.