what web browser do you use?

DGMurdockIII

I use IE8.

I have been using IE since it was developed so have not needed to switch and I do try other browsers occasionally but they are just fluff.

Use whatever browser you like just make sure the system it runs on is protected by Common Sense and no Newbies are permitted near the system without close supervision.

On the Dell I mostly use Firefox (with ABP and NoScript) or SRWare Iron (a Google Chrome based browser - thanks to Exile).

On the HP Mini I use Flock (much lighter on resources than Firefox, which makes the mini crash).

At the office we also use Firefox (Linux based computer). :(

I hardly ever use IE8.

I wondered why your avatar looked so familiar! :)

I use Firefox, IE, Chrome, occasionally Opera, and once in a great while Safari (but I really dislike browsing the net on my iPhone).

Well if that looks familiar, I got a shirt to go with it! :P But seriously though, I tried chrome for while, but didn't like it. Although I never really tried Safari. I use to use Quicktime player, which always tried to get me to download it with the apple software update. The most I ever used were Firefox and Internet Explorer until recently.

Well if that looks familiar, I got a shirt to go with it! :P But seriously though, I tried chrome for while, but didn't like it. Although I never really tried Safari. I use to use Quicktime player, which always tried to get me to download it with the apple software update. The most I ever used were Firefox and Internet Explorer until recently.

Seamonkey sells shirts?! /goestobuyone

If I could want a feature out of chrome, it'd be to save tabs like firefox does. And when I first started using it, it was whip-fast. Now its slow, so I'm less inclined to use it.

Yep. Right here. I got mine off zaggle.

I think FireFox 3.6.2 has a scripting bug. I use NOSCRIPT (and allow this site) and ABP and three options in the BB editor (INSERT IMG, LINK, EMAIL) don't work with 3.6.2 so I had to go back and find an older version, 3.5.8 as I had already deleted 3.6.0 that was working. 3.6.2 also seems to be a CPU hog.. *sigh* 3.5.8 allows me to use those insert buttons.

Shy

Hello Shy Writer. To be honest you are probably better off reverting back to 3.5.8 in preference to 3.6.0 if you are having scripting problems with version 3.6.2. The reason for the recent update from 3.6.0 to 3.6.2 was a nasty zero day exploit in 3.6.0. Details about this can be found here: http://blog.mozilla.com/security/

Version 3.5.8 is not affected by this exploit.

Hello Shy Writer. To be honest you are probably better off reverting back to 3.5.8 in preference to 3.6.0 if you are having scripting problems with version 3.6.2. The reason for the recent update from 3.6.0 to 3.6.2 was a nasty zero day exploit in 3.6.0. Details about this can be found here: http://blog.mozilla.com/security/

Version 3.5.8 is not affected by this exploit.

I'm about ready to go B O O M ! !. I did all that stuff last night; computer became unstable enough I had to revert to a SYSTEM RESTORE and I wound up accidentally re-installing 3.6.0 which after doing a full system scan with all my programs this AM, FireFox promptly decided to install the 3.6.2 update again. (I've since unchecked the update box where it just downloads and installs updates without asking) To make a long story, short; Whatever was happening before in the message editor is now working like it should - with 3.6.2 ;) Enough to drive a grown man to Obama's health care plan. :):D (I'm apolitical; it's a joke - I don't do political, religion or abortion discussions - period)

Thanks catscomp' - and all the others that helped with advice and download links... MUCH appreciated! :D

Regards,

Shy