Error Code 732 (0,0)

Hey guys,

What is going on? I have been running MBAM for a couple of years now, with daily updates and all upgrades, from v1.30 up to v1.44. No issues whatsoever.

Suddenly, today I face this issue, along with everybody else as I can read here in the forum.

I have not changed anything on my other Security Suites settings, my IE7 is configured as it has been for the last months. I have followed the instructions

from http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=24605, but still have the problem.

Please help us sort it out, cos it's very furstrating.

I'm on Vista Home-Prem 32, running NIS09 and IE7. No signs of infection, and all the other security suites are updating normally.

Thanks a lot.

TrDo.

By EXILE360 - EDITED by marktreg

Please do the following on the computer with the problem to see if it corrects it:

NOTE: You still need to do all the steps involving Internet Explorer, even if you do not normally use Internet Explorer as your internet browser. This is because Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware takes its connection settings from Internet Explorer. You can still use an alternative internet browser afterwards, as long as the connection settings in Internet Explorer are correct.

Step 1: Verify Internet Connectivity of Internet Explorer:

• Click on Start and select Run
  • In the Run box copy and paste the text in the following code box exactly as written and press Enter or click on OK:
    REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v GlobalUserOffline /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

• Try updating again and if it does not work then please proceed to Step 2

Step 2: Exclude Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware's Files and Folders From Other Active Security Programs:

For Windows XP:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

For Windows Vista or Windows 7:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\SysWoW64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude them from it as well

Now try updating Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware once more and if it does not work then please proceed to Step 3

Step 3: Verify Your Internet Connection Settings:

• Open Internet Explorer
    • Note: It MUST be Internet Explorer, not Firefox, Opera, Chrome or any other internet browser

[*]Click on Tools at the top and select Internet Options

• Note: If you do not see Tools, press the Alt key on your keyboard and it will show up

[*]Click on the Connections tab

[*]Click on the LAN settings button

[*]Under Automatic configuration make sure that the box next to Automatically detect settings is checked, if it is not, then click the box next to it to check it

[*]Under Proxy server make sure that the box next to Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections). is not checked and if it is, click the box next to it to uncheck it

[*]Click on the OK button to close the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings window

[*]Click on the OK button to close the Internet Options window

[*]Try updating Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware again to see if it now works correctly

Please let us know how it goes -

Thank You - B)

It can be any version of Internet Explorer. Malwarebytes', like many other Windows programs, uses the same settings as Internet Explorer to connect to the internet. This is because Firefox and other browsers are not directly tied to your TCP/IP settings and Network Connections the way the IE is. It has nothing to do with a preferred browser and everything to do with IE's connection settings.

Same problem here at the moment, although a couple of hours ago I updated without a prob.

Looks like a temporary hiccup.

Same problem here, as well (both systems, so I know it's not my computer(s).)

Have verified that IE is set to "automatically detect settings" (though that wasn't necessary before this started).

Will wait before doing any reg edits, since the problem seems to be at MB's end.

daledoc1

@ noknojon:

Thanks for this detailed account of steps. But why should I reconfigure all of my security suites all of a sudden? This is not a problem caused by the inclusion/exclusion of all the MBAM files you listed. I have been running this combination of SS for ages. With no issues what so ever. This has to be an MBAM problem.

Please lets use some common sense.

Thanks,

TrDo.

So many threads created on one topic seems to suggest that people do not read and seek advice before creating a new thread for help. One thread should be all that is needed for the issue of Error code 732, but it seems people are blind.

Yes thats life :)

First read should be the best.

So many threads created on one topic seems to suggest that people do not read and seek advice before creating a new thread for help. One thread should be all that is needed for the issue of Error code 732, but it seems people are blind.

Obviously you haven't got a clue what you' re talking about. You're so new here... and you are not a moderator either. The purpose of creating new threads with the same subject is not that members are blind.

Please get serious and also please mind you own business. Keep your critique for yourself. Unless someone asks you to express it. I've seen that you wonder around and "correct" other members' posts as well. Please find something constructive to do.

Please do not spam our posts. Create your own thread and complain.

TrDo.