Having issues with updates

Hello, I don't know if this is the right thread to ask my question, but I'm also having a problem with the update. I want to ask, is there a limit to how many times the Update check button will be pressed? Maybe there is some protection by blocking the IP address temporarily! With a new installation of Malwarebytes 4.6.5.293 component package 1.0.2181, the update works normally, but after a while it stops, saying: "One or more items in the current update did not complete successfully. Please check your internet connection and try again."

Thanks in advance for your help!

p.s. I have a premium license for 5 devices

• Root Admin

Hello @borisY

I've split your post to it's own topic. Let us get some logs, please.

To begin, please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your installation for troubleshooting:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained are safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • Run the MBST Support Tool
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to the Public desktop, please upload that file on your next reply

Thank you

• Thanks 1

Thank you AdvancedSetup

I did what you told me. I'll upload the file while at the same time making some additions and corrections to my first post which I'll copy here. If possible, please delete my first post.

Hello friends! I'm having trouble checking for an update. With a fresh install of Malwarebytes 4.6.5.293 component pack 1.0.2181, the update works normally, but after a while it stops and when I press Check update it says:  "One or more items in the current update did not complete successfully. Please check your internet connection and try again."

I want to ask if there is any limit on how many times the Update check button will be used? Maybe there is some protection to temporarily block the IP address from which the request is made! As a matter of fact, today I tried using Malwarebytes Privacy VPN and changed my IP address. Then the update was successful on the first try without reinstalling!

If you need to know, I have a premium license for 5 devices, and for now I use 3. One computer with Windows 10, one with Windows 7 and one phone with Android. I have problems with Malwarebytes Mobile Security 5.2.0+37 also, but about them in another topic.

Thanks in advance for your help, attention and patience!

mbst-grab-results.zip

• Like 1

@borisY Your installation is damaged. Please download the following and install over what you already have. https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou

Malwarebytes Privacy Version Information
========================================
Controllers Version:     1.0.0
Database Version:        2016.01.01.1
Update Pkg Version:      1.0.0
Installer Version:       3.16.0

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

I'm not sure how you're basing if updates are working or not. We often have cycles were rule updates may not go out for an entire day

Do you have a log showing a failure?

I reinstalled MB half an hour ago, so I can't help with a log. Whenever I have a fresh install, the update works, but not for long. When I clicked the Update button, after 10-15 seconds a window popped up with the message: "One or more items in the current update did not complete successfully. Please check your internet connection and try again." It does not change the date or time of the last update. Should I turn on the "Event log data" slider, and where should I look for the file afterwards to send it to you?

• Root Admin

Can you please do the following?

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • In the Advanced Options, click the CLEAN button and follow the onscreen instructions to reinstall Malwarebytes
  • NOTE: Please have patience as it can take a while to remove and reinstall. Restart the computer after the install completes

After the restart please do the following

• In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your desktop, please upload that file on your next reply

Thank you

• Thanks 1

• Root Admin

The computer is infected. It looks like someone tried to use a hacking tool to pirate the license for Microsoft which in turn infected the computer.

You also have Panda Dome security installed which may possibly be in conflict with Malwarebytes.

I would suggest you uninstall and try to remove anything related to KMS hack tool.

Then if you're not paying for the Panda Dome antivirus uninstall it at least temporarily and we'll use Farbar to force remove some other items then reinstall Malwarebytes and have it do some scans as well.

Let me know how you'd like to proceed

This is my son's old computer. Unfortunately I don't know what he did with it before he gave it to me. Whatever. Using the search tool, I deleted everything I found as KMS. I also uninstalled Panda Dome. Where do I download Farbar and how do I proceed with it?

Thanks for your help!

• Root Admin

The best approach would be to reinstall Windows cleanly @borisY

Clean Install Windows 10 & 11 (2023)
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-install-windows-10-11-2023/1c426bdf-79b1-4d42-be93-17378d93e587

Also, please review the following topic

Bypass Microsoft Online Account Creation during installation of Windows 11
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/296613-bypass-microsoft-online-account-creation-during-installation-of-windows-11/

• Like 3