Version 0.73

Hello Marcin

Fresh ver. 0.73 install and its lamborghini fast, woohoo. No bugs, loops or any problems to report(Test Monitor:realtime monitor ran sucessfully), all is well. Most excellent job, I must say congrats to the creators of MBAM. :angry:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Version 0.73

Database version: 209

This logfile was saved after the removal process completed.

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)

Objects scanned: 41830

Time elapsed: 15 min.

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 0

Scan type: Quick Scan

Objects scanned: 15265

Time elapsed: 3min.49 sec.

Got it through the program update module. Update went smoothly. Full/Complete Scan took 18 minutes 31 seconds which is pretty fast. No bugs to report at present. This is not important, but can you guys include the time it took to complete the scan in the log report also.

Objects scanned: 80526

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Thanks.

Updatedto 0.73 via the program update function. Full scan in 34 minutes - no problems encountered. Looking good

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|)

Objects scanned: 102324

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

DuckY - does MBAM use IE (or something related) to download updates? I have an XP install on a laptop that does not have IE working correctly, and MBAM exhibits the same symptoms - just says connecting, never connects.

Every other browser (not overlay) works on that laptop, just not IE

John, Tim, and all others on Vista with UAC enabled. You will no longer have to run it with elevated priveleges when 0.74 is released. The looping and everything will be gone.

Kewl :-)

Just thought I would note that I tried to install 0.73 without elevated priveleges.

The download suceeded but I had to recheck elevated priveleges before MBAM would install.

Scan was super quick, 2 minutes 3 seconds.

Scan type: Quick Scan

Objects scanned: 14956

No FPs

Looking forward to the fix.

Nice work Marcin.

No, this laptop was not connected to the Internet most of the time. Nothing was 'removed' using nLite or anything else - but about a year ago, I had to clean the machine (dust accumulation was causing thermal shutdowns) and at that point I had installed IE 7 RC 1 - all worked fine.

A few months later , IE stopped connecting to the Internet - cannot figure out what it was, all scans showed the machine clean. Every other browser works. I tried uninstalling IE 7 RC 1, and IE 6 did not connect, I installed IE 7 final - no connect.

I asked over at Petriu forums and someone suggested uninstalling IE 7, then uninstalling IE 6, then re-installing IE 6 - still no go (all were done with reboots between). Finally just got through installing IE 7 again and still no go.

Again, *every* other browser works, *and* every other function (FTP, telnet, tracert, etc) works from the laptop - *only* IE does not work.

Oh, and MBAM on that laptop does not update.

lol, no, it is not a firewall problem, and this has happened to many people before me, especially users of early versions of IE 7.

Trust me, it is IE specific - again, *every* other browser works, every thing else works and there is no software firewall on that computer - and it connects to the net through my router, which has 2-4 other machines at any given moment, all of which are able to use IE at any time.

Point is, if MBAM uses anything from IE to connect, then this computer cannot get any updates until this IE issue is resolved.

Vista machine #2 - updated to ver 0.73 with no issues, scan time down to about 6 minutes (5 profiles, plus temp files were full) - no issues.

XP Machine with b0rken IE still not updating.

Original Vista Ultimate machine still down (evidence points to a HD failure that SMART did not catch). That was my main test bed, Marcin & company, so for right now I am limited to just running the program and seeing if it works on these other 2 machines.

SFDP....

Machine one seems to be back up and running for now - I added a 2A case fan and am directing the airflow at the HDs, and I repositioned the HDs so that the main drive is now at the very bottom, i.e. receiving direct air flow.

MBAM 0.73, db 209, no F/Ps and no more looping (yay!)

BTW, Marcin, since I am back on this machine I finally added you via MSN.

Hello Marcin

Just been given a lappy(Inspiron 5160) chock full of baddies, XP pro, IE7. Fresh install of MBAM and IE7, just about 15 min. for the full scan, no problems to speak of. Still fast. B)

Objects scanned: 61420

Registry Keys Infected: 2

Files Infected: 8

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{147a976f-eee1-4377-8ea7-4716e4cdd239} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{9afb8248-617f-460d-9366-d71cdeda3179} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

C:\Documents and Settings\secun60.CASA-C21E7E2849\Local Settings\Temp\~DF3A8F.tmp (Rogue.Foxie) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Documents and Settings\secun60.CASA-C21E7E2849\Local Settings\Temp\~DF79DA.tmp (Rogue.Foxie) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Documents and Settings\secun60.CASA-C21E7E2849\Local Settings\Temp\~DFB150.tmp (Rogue.Foxie) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Documents and Settings\secun60.CASA-C21E7E2849\Local Settings\Temp\~DFB8FE.tmp (Rogue.Foxie) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Documents and Settings\secun60.CASA-C21E7E2849\Local Settings\Temp\~DFD814.tmp (Rogue.Foxie) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Documents and Settings\secun60.CASA-C21E7E2849\Local Settings\Temp\~DFE5F0.tmp (Rogue.Foxie) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Documents and Settings\secun60.CASA-C21E7E2849\Local Settings\Temp\~DFE776.tmp (Rogue.Foxie) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

C:\Documents and Settings\secun60.CASA-C21E7E2849\Local Settings\Temp\~DFF958.tmp (Rogue.Foxie) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.