Activating Lifetime License?

GT500

I just installed the Malwarebytes 5 beta, and it doesn't appear to be possible to activate a lifetime license that has a separate ID and Key. I tried registering the license at my.malwarebytes.com and while it did give the correct fields to allow entering both, the license wasn't added to my account after clicking the button to register it (the account uses the same e-mail as my forum account).

2 hours ago, GT500 said:

at my.malwarebytes.com and while it did give the correct fields to allow entering both, the license wasn't added to my account after clicking the button to register it (the account uses the same e-mail as my forum account).

Might need to contact support for that issue.

2 hours ago, GT500 said:

and it doesn't appear to be possible to activate a lifetime license that has a separate ID and Key.

I did not see one either. I was lucky my lifetime is in the new key format.

I foresee a big issue for my clients because 99% do not have a Malwarebytes account and have an old format ID and Key.

• Root Admin

We did make a huge effort to get all lifetime members to update to the new key format back when we went to the version 2 and stopped the lifetime sales. Quite a few people did make the change but I'm betting the majority did not.

Don't worry. I don't have the answer right now, but we'll manage this issue before release to the public I'm sure.

Thanks for the feedback @GT500

You still with ES

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/12/2023 at 1:05 PM, gatortail said:

The issue was that the license was in a canceled state.  It's been re-activated so you can use your My Account credentials to activate in the MB5 app.

Funny, I thought that was fixed over a year ago. Did it get deactivated again?

18 hours ago, gatortail said:

Is it working for you now to activate the MB5 Beta via you My Account credentials?

Yes, it is. Thank you.

18 hours ago, gatortail said:

@GT500 I'm not sure what happened a year ago, but it was deactivated so we re-activated it.

While I doubt there's any documentation of whatever happened since then, my support ticket to get my license reactivated a year ago was opened from the same e-mail address as my forum account.