google.com websites blocked by malwarebytes

syncronaut
Go to solution Solved by Dashke,

Hi, and thanks in advance for your help.

Today, for no reason... my MWB started blocking all outbound connections to any google-owned domains or IP's (v4 and even v6). Port 443.

Warnings popped stating chrome, brave and edge, even spotify as the exe involved.

Ran a checkup with MWB, Esset, ADWCleaner... nothing found.

I'm running windows 11 64bit. What can I do? Can't access anything from google and most of my work is done on the Gsuite cloud.
Thanks again!

Further observations in the last few minutes...

If you are still getting connection errors to Google IP address, even though you've updated the MWB engine to version 4.5.14 then do this:

Perform a manual update to the signature database. Right click on the MWB icon on the tray, then click "check for updates". MWB will perform a second update that will restart MWB and it should work after that.

Really, this is bush league sloppy.

Hi, my malwarebytes recently started picking up www.google.com, docs.google.com, and various other google associated sites as malware and is being blocked.  I added www.google.com to the allow list, and currently google is working, but every few seconds I'm receiving an alert about an address such as the once listed above being blocked.  I saw there was a similar request for help in 2017, but the link provided there is not functional.  Can someone please help?  thanks.
image.thumb.png.f54c19c4bccf5ca17cdde92efdc5b242.png

Apparently there was a "false positive" block from the web-protection of Malwarebytes;  now cured by a update to the program. Simply just do a "Check for Updates" on Malwarebytes. 

Do a Check for Update using the Malwarebytes Settings >> General tab.

See this Support Guide https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042187934-Check-for-updates-in-Malwarebytes-for-Windows

• TeMerc locked this topic

There had been a "false positive" earlier this day ....but now cured thru a Update. Do a Check for Updates.

Do a Check for Update using the Malwarebytes Settings >> General tab.

See this Support Guide https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042187934-Check-for-updates-in-Malwarebytes-for-Windows

Along with the blocking of the google platform I now cannot login to the Malwarebytes Nebula cloud.  Stuck on 'verifying your email'.  This just started.  Also any phones that had Malwarebytes installed cannot access the internet under Wi-Fi.  To verify, turn off your wi-fi and back on.  Our company is basically stuck now until this gets resolved.  i cannot update the client any other way but through your cloud.  Please get this resolved!