Cloud Database Not Downloading

hello. lately, when i do a scan with adwcleaner, i notice that the cloud-database is not being downloaded.

here is what the scan-log shows:

# -------------------------------
# Malwarebytes AdwCleaner 8.3.2.0
# Build:    03-23-2022
# Database: 2022-03-15.3 (Local)
# Support:  https://www.malwarebytes.com/support
#
# Mode: Scan
# Start:    05-14-2022
# Duration: 00:00:14
# OS:       Windows 10 Home
# Scanned:  32041
# Detected: 0

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the AdwCleaner Help forum.
In order to help us assist you to resolve your issue, please post or attach your latest AdwCleaner log files with your post. https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039021593

Someone will reply shortly, but in the meantime here are a few resources which may help resolve your issue:

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

notify me.jpeg

mbst_advanced_gather_logs.jpg

mbst_get_started.jpg

mbst_getting_logs.jpg

mbst_log_saved_desktop.jpg

17 minutes ago, redwolfe_98 said:

here is what the scan-log shows:

Please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your installation for troubleshooting:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • Run the MBST Support Tool
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your desktop, please upload that file on your next reply

Thanks

10 hours ago, Porthos said:

Please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your installation for troubleshooting

the problem is on malwarebytes' end. you can easily test it yourself by doing a scan with the "adwcleaner" program and then looking at the scan-log to see that the cloud-database is not being downloaded.

this problem just popped up in the last week or so. before, the cloud-databases were downloading properly.

i ran the "malwarebytes support tool" and looked at the scan-logs. it seems that the "malwarebytes support tool" is intended to look for problems relating to the "malwarebytes antimalware" program. i don't have the "malwarebytes antimalware" program installed so the logs didn't show anything that was worthwhile, so i am not uploading them.

essentially, all that the "mawarebytes support tool"-scan-logs showed was "couldn't find information."

Edited by redwolfe_98

3 hours ago, redwolfe_98 said:

i ran the "malwarebytes support tool" and looked at the scan-logs. it seems that the "malwarebytes support tool" is intended to look for problems relating to the "malwarebytes antimalware" program. i don't have the "malwarebytes antimalware" program installed so the logs didn't show anything that was worthwhile, so i am not uploading them.

It is getting real frustrating when folks do not follow directions because they think they do not apply. The logs gathered contain info fro ADW Cleaner as well.

The automated post asked you to create and upload them as well.

Hello @redwolfe_98:

As a possible confirmation for the data that has been already collected above, would you please consider another scan but with AdwCleaner's GUI Settings -> Application Tab -> Mode -> debug log toggled to ON first and attach (not cut & paste) the AdwCleaner_Debug.log file produced with your next reply?

Or, even better, after the above requested AdwCleaner scan w/logging, rerun the above requested MBST-Gather and attach the newer mbst-grab-results.zip archive in your next reply.

Thank you and always very much appreciated.

Edited by 1PW

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

@Steve1982Sorry for the delay - I fixed the issue so I thought it was sorted out and I don't have this issue.. Can you send me another debug logfile + a scan logfile?

Note that I have some long-awaited time off coming on, so I might not be able to answer for a couple weeks, sorry in advance for the delay..

20 minutes ago, jboursier said:

@Steve1982Sorry for the delay - I fixed the issue so I thought it was sorted out and I don't have this issue.. Can you send me another debug logfile + a scan logfile?

Note that I have some long-awaited time off coming on, so I might not be able to answer for a couple weeks, sorry in advance for the delay..

I can send you those files too, the problem is still there...

AdwCleaner_Debug.log AdwCleaner[S12].txt AdwCleaner[S11].txt AdwCleaner[S10].txt

the cloud-database is downloading for me, now:

# Malwarebytes AdwCleaner 8.3.2.0
# Build:    03-23-2022
# Database: 2022-06-24.1 (Cloud)
# Support:  https://www.malwarebytes.com/support
#
# Mode: Scan
# Start:    06-27-2022