Ad Blocker turns itself back on when booting

bmullin

Are you saying that you turned off Ads/Trackers for a specific website, all websites (that is on a separate screen), or the product as a whole? 

Had to edit the last part...didn't finish thought before meeting, and I messed up that last part.

Edited by gonzo
cranial flatulence
7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Are you switching the following toggles off?

2021-06-24_16h47_17.png

I switched the first toggle off, then ads are not blocked as is required by this site.  When I reboot, this toggle for this site has been turned back on.  I don't know how I can describe this any better!

• Root Admin

As @Porthos has mentioned and linked twice. You can temporarily turn off by using the switch, but if you want it to remain off you need to go to the ... Allow List and enter the information there.

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039021953-Malwarebytes-Browser-Guard-Allow-list-and-Support-screens

image.png

Thanks @bmullin

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated information

I just shut off Ads/Trackers for Current Website (dxmaps.com), verified I could see ads, then rebooted computer.  When it returned, it was still showing ads and Browser Guard had not turned blocking back on.

The recommendation @Porthos made is a good one, though Browser Guard is not performing as it is supposed to on your machine.  That leads me to ask what kind of computer, operating system, browser, etc.?

Only on a Citrix install or remote desktop should it behave like that, as a reboot loads a new image.  A regular PC/Mac should not do it that way.

3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I just shut off Ads/Trackers for Current Website (dxmaps.com), verified I could see ads, then rebooted computer.  When it returned, it was still showing ads and Browser Guard had not turned blocking back on.

The recommendation @Porthos made is a good one, though Browser Guard is not performing as it is supposed to on your machine.  That leads me to ask what kind of computer, operating system, browser, etc.?

Only on a Citrix install or remote desktop should it behave like that, as a reboot loads a new image.  A regular PC/Mac should not do it that way.

I just rebooted and found that Ad Blocker for DXMaps is still off.  So it's fixed but I have no idea why it is working properly now . . . must be gremlins!

Thanks all for the help, Bill

• Root Admin

Glad all is working for you Bill

Though the site seems to work for me (did not test all features, options, etc) even with all kinds of blocking enabled. The site does complain and ask you not to use an Ad Blocker but it still seems to work.

NoScript

image.png

uBlock Origin

image.png

Malwarebytes Browser Guard

image.png

Cheers

5 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I virtually live on that site daily.  Ads are not required, but too many people use the site and run up his server bills.  Unless people Paypal him some money, that is his source of revenue.  Owner is a dedicated ham providing a service to far more people than he realizes.

I agree, but once I get my last 2 states on 6M, I'm done watching the maps.  FWIW, I am looking for VT and DE on 6M FT8.  Once I have them I'll have FT8 WAS on 10 bands!  I'll also abandon 6M at that time, I don't find it to be a "fun" band.

73, Bill  AA4M