Crash Dump

wildman424

I was getting ready to delete all my temp files, I found a mbam.exe crash dump.  Created this morning 4/14/2020 7:56am

I'm going to upload for you. Question is should I password protect it and pm you the password, or just attach the 7zip archive as is?

filename:   mbam.exe.10136.dmp

Edited by wildman424
added filename for dump file

Thanks for letting us know, @wildman424.

Could you run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and gather logs, please: https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039023453-Upload-Malwarebytes-Support-Tool-logs-manually

Also, do you recall what was taking place at the time the dump was created? Are you able to reproduce this crash?

I have no ideal what was going on when the crash occurred. I may have been away from the computer when it happened. I didn't find the crash dump until I was about to delete all temp files with Ccleaner, it was in the results list or I would have missed it.  I did have a strange system crash last night that was difficult to recover from. No ideal what caused that, There isn't any crash dumps. I'm still looking through EventViewer.

I haven't been able to get the support tool to zip the logs, It runs up to that point and then fails. I will try again to get those logs into you.

@LiquidTension

I still can't get your support tool to finish and produce mbst-grab-results.zip for you.I don't know what else to try to get your support tool to do its thing. Windows built in zip tool works fine. I use 7zip it works fine.  Where is it trying to create this file? Could I possibly have some folder/file permissions out of wack somewhere?

Untitled.jpg.41eb4227d850705f0a18ab6ce2c547fd.jpg

Hi @wildman424,

Please check %temp%\mwb*tmp (* is a wildcard representing random characters) for mbst-grab-results.zip (it may be that the zip file was created but could not be moved to the Desktop). if the zip file doesn't exist, please provide the mb-support-log.txt file that you should find inside the same folder.

Could you run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool as well please: https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039025013-Run-Farbar-Recovery-Scan-Tool-to-gather-logs

Edited by LiquidTension